• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s 20th Anniversary Xbox controller has been revealed early

Bullet Club

Microsoft’s 20th Anniversary Xbox controller has been revealed early​

pCboXgx.jpg

Xbox has been teasing a new controller but it’s up for pre-order on Best Buy

An 20th anniversary controller being teased by Xbox has appeared on the Best Buy website.

Microsoft has been posting tweets with the controller shrouded in darkness, but the Best Buy listing shows the controller fully lit.

The official Xbox Twitter account posted a photo of the darkened controller on Wednesday, with the message “20 years of play in your hands”, but it was impossible to see any detail.

The Best Buy listing, however, clearly shows the controller and provides a detailed description of it.

“Inspired by the styles and innovations of the past, this 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox wireless controller brings you the best of the last 20 years,” the listing reads.

“It features a transparent black design with vibrant green details that stay true to Xbox’s signature style while thoughtfully designed buttons and a hybrid D-pad enable precision, tactical gameplay.”

As well as the green Xbox button, the controller features green back grips for more comfortable play.
qZv2pFR.jpg
dqmC1J0.jpg

SJ53YIg.jpg

rLtATiY.jpg

40hBJPY.jpg

vJ1ASLp.jpg

The 20th anniversary controller is the latest in a line of special edition coloured controllers Microsoft has released since the launch of the Xbox Series X and S.

In August it announced that it was releasing a special edition Forza Horizon 5 controller made of translucent bright yellow plastic. The following day, it then announced a new Halo-themed Xbox Elite Series 2 controller inspired by Master Chief’s armour.

Earlier in August it also announced the Aqua Shift Special Edition, which is available now at a price of $69.99 and comes in a special blue colour that gives off a ‘shimmering’ effect.

In June three new Xbox Series X/S controller designs were released to tie in with the Space Jam: A New Legacy movie.

And back in March, Xbox announced two other controller colours, called Electric Volt and Daystrike Camo.

Source: VGC

Trogdor1123

I do not care for it, no I do not. Any transparent controller/console is pretty bad.

Hope you folks enjoy it though that do like it.

Would've taken an updated duke myself :messenger_smirking:

Edit: I don't get what's triggering about preferring a revemp to the original Xbox controller over a simple reskin of the current one for a 20th anniversary. Unless the OG Xbox is triggering somehow to Xbox fans....

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Caved in. I like green/black-ish (read the visual ID of nVidia) color combo.

soulbait

They have been killing it with their controller designs. I am starting to collect them.... which is a bad thing, because I do not need so many controllers :D :D :D

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No UK option yet to purchase, Iv been thinking of getting a Series X controller ever since my Elite 1 died and iv been using a regular Xbox One Controller for couple years now.

Didn't want the Elite series 2 since it suffers from the same issues the original does, and this one just looks right, especially now its got the rubber grips.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Microsoft’s 20th Anniversary Xbox controller has been revealed early​

pCboXgx.jpg

Xbox has been teasing a new controller but it’s up for pre-order on Best Buy

An 20th anniversary controller being teased by Xbox has appeared on the Best Buy website.

Microsoft has been posting tweets with the controller shrouded in darkness, but the Best Buy listing shows the controller fully lit.

The official Xbox Twitter account posted a photo of the darkened controller on Wednesday, with the message “20 years of play in your hands”, but it was impossible to see any detail.

The Best Buy listing, however, clearly shows the controller and provides a detailed description of it.

“Inspired by the styles and innovations of the past, this 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox wireless controller brings you the best of the last 20 years,” the listing reads.

“It features a transparent black design with vibrant green details that stay true to Xbox’s signature style while thoughtfully designed buttons and a hybrid D-pad enable precision, tactical gameplay.”

As well as the green Xbox button, the controller features green back grips for more comfortable play.
qZv2pFR.jpg
dqmC1J0.jpg

SJ53YIg.jpg

rLtATiY.jpg

40hBJPY.jpg

vJ1ASLp.jpg

The 20th anniversary controller is the latest in a line of special edition coloured controllers Microsoft has released since the launch of the Xbox Series X and S.

In August it announced that it was releasing a special edition Forza Horizon 5 controller made of translucent bright yellow plastic. The following day, it then announced a new Halo-themed Xbox Elite Series 2 controller inspired by Master Chief’s armour.

Earlier in August it also announced the Aqua Shift Special Edition, which is available now at a price of $69.99 and comes in a special blue colour that gives off a ‘shimmering’ effect.

In June three new Xbox Series X/S controller designs were released to tie in with the Space Jam: A New Legacy movie.

And back in March, Xbox announced two other controller colours, called Electric Volt and Daystrike Camo.

Source: VGC
Damn...that looks goooood.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At the top of the box, they continue the years with 2010 on the left and then 2010 on the right.

But when it comes to 2026, it jumps to 2032 when it's under the gamepad.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I think I looks amazing, but I don't need another controller unfortunately.

They need to do a series x that looks like that.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Not really into this one. Looks like my Elite Series 2 except you can see it's skeleton.

Last edited:
Top Bottom