• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MicroProse announce Carrier Command 2

Bullet Club

Not for the Amiga or ST though.

Carrier Command 2 is a real-time strategy game that puts you in command of a futuristic carrier able to deploy a vast array of aircraft and amphibious units. Compete against AI or human players and hop into every single vehicle to take matters into your own hands!

Carrier Command 2 is Strategy, Planning and Teamwork on a scale that is both engaging and manageable. True to MicroProse's heritage, Carrier Command 2 is all about meaningful decisions..

Command and Control

Take command of a carrier and operate its systems to launch your offensive and conquer the Archipelago. Get in the shoes of an admiral and lead from the front.

Strategize

Gather intel from your vehicles’ radars, pick your tools of the trade, and launch your attacks where the enemy presence is thinner. The approach you take to a situation will play a big part in the outcome.

Plan

Once you have taken an island you will need to exploit and defend the resources it provides. Ensuring these supply lines remain open will be key to your survival. Think ahead.

Teamwork

Make the most of different unit types synergies and create combined arms assaults to efficiently win battles. On top of that, get into each and every vehicle and take part in the action!

An illustrious heritage

Carrier Command is an ’80s strategy classic well known for its unique blend of strategy and vehicle simulation. The legend is back!

Krisprolls

Banned
Wow, nostalgia...

I was playing the original when I was 12, more than 30 years ago. I think this is the only game that took longer than Star Citizen.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
MicroProse.

TPHAplo.gif

jaysius

Banned
Wow, if you can't make games with current tech to look current, wait until the shitty style you can make comes back into style with gaming hipsters.

This is fucking lazy and genius at the same time... there should be a word for this.

Redlancet

Banned
Man, i played that thing like there was no tomorrow, that was one of the pitch we gave to psygnosis back in the day, there are some Spiritual sucesors to this game

GrayFoxPL

Wow, if you can't make games with current tech to look current, wait until the shitty style you can make comes back into style with gaming hipsters.

This is fucking lazy and genius at the same time... there should be a word for this.

Lenius!

Thanati

WOW!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

I spent countless hours playing this on the Atari ST, and can't believe there is a sequel being produced.

Unless it comes to PS4/5, I won't even get a chance to play it though.

I'm surprised MicroProse is still around! Amazing. For all the kids here, they produced a huge amount of games in the 80's that were simulation based.

edit: "MicroProse is proud to announce Carrier Command 2 for PC & Mac, coming Q2 2021."

So no console version. :(

I think this is one of those games where it works best on PC. A keyboard is really required.

Kuranghi

I was going to play the first one from a few years back because it reminded me of (I'm aware HW is prob a SP homage to carrier command) Hostile Waters, which I loved so much.

Is this more multiplayer focused though? If there is an AI MP in this thats cool, but I really liked the silly missions and story in HW.

just to let everyone know: some people bought the microprose name so its not like its the old devs...
It might actually be better, as apparently it's at least partially some of the Stormworks: Build and Rescue devs. I assume they are to thank for the ocean dynamics and overall design of the game.

I quite approve of the minimalistic visuals, to be honest. It fits, being a sequel to a game so old, and it means people like me might actually be able to play it.

Dr. Suchong

Bloody hell, I remember rolling videos of their games at my local Computer/Video game shop in the early 90s
Wasn't their Tag line/Slogan "The games people play" ?
I wasn't one of those people... I bought Turrican 2 :messenger_beaming:

Havoc2049

Microprose will always be MechWarrior and MechCommander in my heart.
Activision published the original MechWarrior and Mechwarrior 2. MechWarrior 3 and MechCommander were published by Hasbro, using the Microprose name. Microprose was already dead and just a name.

Top Bottom