• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Keaton's Batman appears in The Flash movie concept art (DC FanDome)

VulcanRaven

Screen_Shot_2020_08_22_at_2.48.44_PM_1.0.png

Screen_Shot_2020_08_22_at_2.48.37_PM.png

Fans got a big update on the future of The Flash in a small package at DC FanDome today. At the “Introducing Flash” panel, Ezra Miller (Justice League), director/producer siblings Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti (It), and screenwriter Christina Hodson (Birds of Prey) revealed concept art of Barry Allen’s new costume, designed by Batman himself, and confirmed a longstanding rumor. Their new Flash movie will be based on the infamous DC Comics storyline Flashpoint.

At FanDome’s Multiverse 101 panel, Warner Bros. president of DC-based film production Walter Hamada said that the new Flash film would lean “into the idea of the multiverse; playing in that sandbox.” Director Andy Muschietti described it as a “time travel story.” “The cinematic multiverse is going to be born out of this movie,” said Hodson.

The Flashpoint rumors were only bolstered when it became clear that not one but two Batman actors were in talks to join the production. Ben Affleck will reprise his role as Batman in the film, according to Vanity Fair, and Michael Keaton is also reportedly also in negotiations to appear as Batman. The filmmakers behind the production also shared that their story would be about Barry’s quest to travel back in time and prevent his mother’s murder: A dead ringer for the events of Flashpoint.

I hope this happens. Would be great to see Michael Keaton as Batman again. He is the best live action Batman.

Last edited:
I want a Keaton Batman To give the torch to a Terry McGinnis. The time is right for a Cuberpunk epic and this will put butts in seats.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I want a Keaton Batman To give the torch to a Terry McGinnis. The time is right for a Cuberpunk epic and this will put butts in seats.
The rumours I read mentioned Michael Keaton handing the reigns to a Batgirl rather than them straight up doing a Batman Beyond film. No idea what the credibility of said rumours was though.

kunonabi

The rumours I read mentioned Michael Keaton handing the reigns to a Batgirl rather than them straight up doing a Batman Beyond film. No idea what the credibility of said rumours was though.

Makes you wonder who Burton would have cast as his Batgirl. Too bad we can't get him to do a Batwoman movie with Eva Green. Probably be the first time that character would be worth a damn.

michael keaton is only michael keaton in certain universes but then from another and possibly all perspectives michael keaton is michael keaton in all universes it depends how you look at it, and it also doesn't depend at all

sol_bad

Even Keaton Batman can't get me excited for this film yet. It's been through absolute production hell. Will wait for the first trailer.

Top Bottom