• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Keaton to Play Batman in ‘Batgirl’

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why is it that every movie with a female lead has to turn into this sort of commentary?
Probably because any male centered film gets absolutely DOGPILED by the SM woke crowd to the point where mainstream media has drifted so far left that its virtually impossible to conceive of a female led show that IS'NT the most pandering thing imaginable. The days of characters like Ripley, Sarah Connor, or Selene from Underworld are long past.

Vestal

Gold Member
Probably because any male centered film gets absolutely DOGPILED by the SM woke crowd to the point where mainstream media has drifted so far left that its virtually impossible to conceive of a female led show that IS'NT the most pandering thing imaginable. The days of characters like Ripley, Sarah Connor, or Selene from Underworld are long past.
To me that's more of people looking for things to be outraged about than actually enjoying films for what they are..

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Kristen Stewart would have been perfect as Batgirl

7506868.jpg

FunkMiller

Social media’s gone bonkers with this… and I have no idea why. It’s a stylised mural of Keaton’s Batman… and probably on old one. Some people actually think they’re going to see this??

Although confirmation of Robin is a thing, I guess.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Social media’s gone bonkers with this… and I have no idea why. It’s a stylised mural of Keaton’s Batman… and probably on old one. Some people actually think they’re going to see this??

Although confirmation of Robin is a thing, I guess.
Imagine of Chris O'Donnell comes back for Robin!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why the hell are they making a Batgirl movie!? With Keaton? Maybe they will bring in Alicia Silverstone.
Remember when Schumacher made waves by putting nipples on the batsuit? Did he do that for Batgirls outfit as well? I gotta think he didn't but back in the 90's no one would have cared.

Elysion

Banned
They should’ve just kept Christian Bale as Batman. He’s not too old, and could’ve played the role for 20 years easily. He would’ve been as iconic in the role as Robert Downey Jr. was as Ironman, and could’ve carried the DCU almost on his own.

ManaByte

They should’ve just kept Christian Bale as Batman. He’s not too old, and could’ve played the role for 20 years easily. He would’ve been as iconic in the role as Robert Downey Jr. was as Ironman, and could’ve carried the DCU almost on his own.

Bale's Batman doesn't really fit in a world that doesn't hate the source material (comic books).

AgatonSax

You can’t assume that these actors want to play the same roles for decades. Bale and Nolan are a package and neither needs to reply on cape gigs.

Top Bottom