• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Keaton Returning as Batman in Ezra Miller's Flash Movie

ManaByte

After nearly 30 years, Michael Keaton is in talks to return to the role of Batman, to appear alongside Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.’ upcoming movie “The Flash,” TheWrap has learned exclusively. Talks with Keaton are in the very early stages, it is far from a sure thing, and can go either way. No details are currently available about how big or small Keaton’s role is.

i_have_the_weirdest_boner_right_now_344.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I actually wanted a Burton-style new Batman where Keaton plays the role. It could be Bruce in his old age forced to put on the suit for some complicated situation with the understanding that he's way past his prime and it's a dangerous thing to go and do.

But to just throw him into the universe where we had Affleck playing Batman seems odd. Not sure how that'd work.

ManaByte

I actually wanted a Burton-style new Batman where Keaton plays the role. It could be Bruce in his old age forced to put on the suit for some complicated situation with the understanding that he's way past his prime and it's a dangerous thing to go and do.

But to just throw him into the universe where we had Affleck playing Batman seems odd. Not sure how that'd work.

The movie is based on Flashpoint. They're doing the Multiverse.

Grinchy

Banned
The movie is based on Flashpoint. They're doing the Multiverse.
Sounds kinda dumb to me, unfortunately. I feel like DC never quite figured out how to handle their movie properties ever since they tried chasing the Marvel formula.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’d rather see a burton directed Batman 3 with Keaton...

But this is still a legit megaton.

Great fucking news. I may think comic book movies are by the numbers junk across the board but goddam is this exciting

-Arcadia-

Banned
But Ben Affleck is Batman in his universe

Manabyte got at it a bit, but The Flash, going by my former fandom of the TV show, is a universe where pretty much anything and everything is possible.

Many different parallel earths. Timeline paradoxes. The future. The past. The TV show Flash even bumped into this movie Flash in a scene last January. They have almost unlimited ways to make this happen and make sense in the story.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is far too brilliant for DC and WB. LIke...seriously brilliant. I wont believe it till I see it in front of my eyes on the big screen.

ManaByte

Manabyte got at it a bit, but The Flash, going by my former fandom of the TV show, is a universe where pretty much anything and everything is possible.

Many different parallel earths. Timeline paradoxes. The future. The past. The TV show Flash even bumped into this movie Flash in a scene last January. They have almost unlimited ways to make this happen and make sense in the story.

Ezra-Miller-and-Grant-Gustin-as-The-Flash-on-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths.jpg

Jim Lee did that.

The only rule was they couldn't do anything to "step on the toes" of the Flashpoint movie.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Batman Returns is my favorite Batman film by far. I love Keaton, but what a waste it would be for him to come back in a shitty Flash movie. Ezra Miller was embarrassing in Justice League (as was everything else about that movie).

ManaByte

Batman Returns is my favorite Batman film by far. I love Keaton, but what a waste it would be for him to come back in a shitty Flash movie. Ezra Miller was embarrassing in Justice League (as was everything else about that movie).

Once the Flashpoint movie soft reboots the universe, Keaton will replace Affleck as the old mentor Batman role and be like DC's Nick Fury in multiple movies.

Kadve

Flash point eh? Seems to be only flash story that DC cares about nowadays, and it's arguably not even his.

Davey Cakes

I'd rather have a stand alone Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as old Bruce Wayne.
I imagine that's the case with a lot of fans who've been following Batman over the years.

I'm no Batman junkie but I've seen all the live action movies, a couple of the animated movies, and back in the day I watched The Animated Series and Batman Beyond. To ME, an actual Batman Beyond adaptation would be really cool and Keaton's at the perfect age for it.

You take what you can get but WB is all over the place these days, always in a mode of scrambling to make things work.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
Wonder Woman was average at best and Aqua Man was utter crap. Don’t have high hopes. DC will find a way to fu** it up (as usual).

Gonna have to be honest here, it is the nostalgia people have for that era, and Burton's (former) sensibilities that made that film what it was. Keaton did fine job but hardly revelatory. Was far better and wiser as Birdman. If modern DC CU didn't suck executive farts people would be fond of Affleck.

Davey Cakes

I’m confident in Keaton making it work. He’s been on fire. Birdman. Spotlight. The Founder. Spider-Man.

It doesn’t have to be full Batman ‘89 nostalgia. A little bit of old and new can totally work in a comic book universe. Hopefully the script is inspired.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Cool that you can assault women in Hollywood and keep your job. I guess the woman was white though so it was no biggie. Keaton was the best Bruce Wayne in my opinion. He had a presence that the others simply don't have. With some physical training, I think he would have made the best batman as well. He did get jacked up for a different movie.

Top Bottom