• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS2 PC - Third Person Camera Mod Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Metal Gear Solid 2, I did what this game always deserved. Soon you will be able to play the game like never before and see it from a whole new angle!

This mod lets you play Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance with the 3rd person camera from Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

The code to have a normal 3rd person camera was never present in the game, and in order to implement it, I had to reverse engineer and rewrite many things in the game engine.

This is not commercial project.
It is not affilated with Konami.
It doesnt endorse piracy in any form.
You need to own a PC version of the game to play this mod.
All copyrighted content belongs to their respective owners and may not be illegally distributed.

Kuranghi

I no like. This ruins the composition of the game on so many levels and should never be the first way you experience it, if you've never played MGS 2 due to not liking the camera angle just never play it and move on with your life.

Its much worse than this due to other issues it causes (some listed above by other posters), but it reminds me of open matte versions of films where you see parts of the costumes you aren't meant to or bare space in an action scene that was never meant to be seen. Its like the open matte version of Red Cliff, ie craptacular.

Killer8

Interesting project. I hope since the game has apparently reverse engineered, the PC version can be improved up to the standard of the HD collection.

Top Bottom