• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch Release Date Leaked By Retailer

VertigoOA

Banned
Enjoyed all three.

Trilogy remaster with IR controls in the Wii port was solid. Motion controls used for levers and such in Metroid Prime 3 is not.

Hoping they modernize it a bit with proper dual analog support for the first two games. The lock on is kinda unnecessary.

Uusis

Banned
Enjoyed all three.

Trilogy remaster with IR controls in the Wii port was solid. Motion controls used for levers and such in Metroid Prime 3 is not.

Hoping they modernize it a bit with proper dual analog support for the first two games. The lock on is kinda unnecessary.

My favourite games of all time, just dusted off my Wii U and first game to start was MP Trilogy. I didn't have any problems with motion stuff on MP3 but I can live without those. Would love to see dual stick with additional gyro and motion settings. Something to everyone. Also some touch screen usage would be sweet (map zooming, scrolling... scanned models turning/zooming etc.)

But Nintendo should hurry up and give Retro some love and release the game!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Honest question, are these games any good? I never owned a Wii, had friends that did but I know they all talk about this. I just saw another motion controlled FPS so i have no clue what type of game it is.

I'd say I've played most of the games that people consider to be the best [Apart from in the RPG genre] and the first two are in my Top 10 of all time. Yes, I think they are top-tier games.

Kuranghi

Honest question, are these games any good? I never owned a Wii, had friends that did but I know they all talk about this. I just saw another motion controlled FPS so i have no clue what type of game it is.

The main draws are:

* Cool atmosphere where it really feels like you are alone on the planet, except for flora/fauna and the space pirates - but they are portrayed as a violent race who aren't really people you could "chat" with - this mostly applies to the first one, a bit less so in the second and not much in the third one
* Fantastic level/world design and lore through scanning the environment with your visor, it colour codes things so you know what the most important things are if you aren't a scanning-everything-in-the-room type of player
* Excellent enemy design, the flora/fauna seem like they could just be living in the world and not just existing for the player
* Satisfying upgrade system, almost every new thing gives makes a big change to how you both move around the world, engage with enemies and solve puzzles
* Great puzzle design thats satisfying to solve and not hand-holdy. Its not super hard or anything though, think Zelda-style puzzles.
* Hunting for secrets that mean you can take more damage from enemies/the environment and increase your offensive capabilities.
* Amazing music, in MP1 & 2 at least.

So as you could probably gather Metroid Prime 3 is not regarded as well as the first two entries, and I think most prefer the first over the second one overall. I like 1 and 2 just as much as each other and 3 was still a great game compared to other games.

RumpledStillSkin

Neo Member
If Its a lazy port with some AA being charged for $80 (CAD) then Nintendo can fuck off.

I already own it on my wiiU for $20 and the PC port still is the best way to play the series so they'll need to actually put some effort into this.

That or they'll do a lazy port for full price and it'll sell like hotcakes anyways.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Jesus that's more than the new Burnout coming to the system is it not?
Burnout Paradise Remastred is $49.99 USD. Metroid Prime on Wii U VC was $9.99 at launch or $19.99 regular price at the time. I’m just wondering if it’ll be physical and if it, what the price will be. $49.99-$64.99 is not an unusual thing to see. Resident Evil is $29.99, but they run sales on the eShop. I got the REmake for $14.99 on sale. I paid the full price for RE4, but I wanted that. I can’t say for sure what id expect this to be priced at (if it does indeed get a release).

Could you compare the Metroid Prime trilogy to Halo?

I wouldn’t. There’s way too much open area to run around in Halo. There’s really nothing to actually do in some parts. The gun play and versatility are way different. Even down to how you aim your weapon and open doors. Metroid Prime is exploring smaller areas, but there’s variety everywhere. Enemies and bosses are much different. I guess you could compare the Flood and some Elites to MP’s enemies. I just wouldn’t be thinking about both. Both games have their own charm and style.

Last edited:

Caffeine

Could you compare the Metroid Prime trilogy to Halo?
metroid is really more of an adventure game then a shooter. ye you shoot things for combat but youre really roaming and platforming around the rooms doing puzzles and coming back once you find an upgrade. It is a good translation of the 2d metroid games in 3d.
the only comparable aspect would be halo portions which feel atmospheric with isolation like the introduction of the flood segment, and the music.

Last edited:
I would rather wait for this on switch pro but a remaster is still good I just hope the graphics are updated enough to make me want to consider playing again. My switch has been sitting unused for way too long.

Last edited:
That atmosphere, that music when you set foot on a rainy Tallon IV.

vzLyM5F.gif

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
It only took me 13 years, but I finally beat Metroid Prime Corruption a few days ago. I got tired of waiting on the HD remaster. Im still hankering for more and I haven’t beat Prime 1/Echoes in 10 years. I’ll try to hold out for a January Direct.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It only took me 13 years, but I finally beat Metroid Prime Corruption a few days ago. I got tired of waiting on the HD remaster. Im still hankering for more and I haven’t beat Prime 1/Echoes in 10 years. I’ll try to hold out for a January Direct.
Nintendo Vice President Jooxed said there is nothing Metroid related coming anytime soon. Or ever.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I played the original recently and it still holds up. There are some things that should be done for MP4 (bigger areas, less loading rooms, less claustrophobic rooms, more story) but in general it is still very good. Gyro controls are a must though, as it improves everything making traversal and shooting better. The original controls are fine, better than in most first person games back then, but in terms of precision, turning speeds etc. they a far below the IR controls of the rerelease.

I got my wish with the Mass Effect trilogy that is coming out next year, now I only need Metroid Prime HD Trilogy, Xenosaga HD trilogy, and a Skies of Arcadia Hd remaster. Oh, and the Tellius Fire Emblem games on Switch also.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
In a few days it's going to be 2 years since the re-start of MP4's development..

Surely something was done during that time. I'm hoping that the work from the previous team brought something to the table. What not to do, or whatever it is.

So, in a perfect world we should be getting a teaser sooner rather than later...

Because if not this project is likely jinxed.

I still have all 3 Metroid Gamecube games in a box somewhere and my Gamecube died like a 200 years ago. I'd like to replay these again.

fatty

Opening this thread after a long delay to only find out there is no new news is like:

martial arts nut punch GIF

Okay, maybe not that bad but still.

Top Bottom