• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 News : Retro Studios Hiring Storyboard Artist to Craft "Cinematic" and "Emotional" scenes

McRazzle

' A new job ad for a storyboard artist was recently posted by Metroid Prime 4 developer Retro Studios, and the “description of duties” section includes some rather interesting lines. Apparently, Retro Studios is looking for somebody who can “work with the cinematic lead to help maintain cinematic pillars,” “define emotional scenes that will resonate with audiences,” and “explore interesting and innovative scenes that elevate the narrative.” '

Article here:
https://wccftech.com/metroid-prime-4-cinematic-emotional-story/

DonJorginho

Banned
Fuck me, we really are so far away from seeing this game aren't we?
Hideo-Kojima-e1426959243547.jpg

Zuzu

It might be good if they just release this for the next generation Switch. Metroid with DLSS 4k graphics would be sweet!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Metroid_Other_M_visor.gif

Sakamoto ruined his own franchise when he started focusing on story. Started with Fusion and Zero Mission and came to a head with Other M.

Hate to use the term, but Metroid should be "Souls like", with a minimum of exposition and explanation. Mechanics and secrets should be discovered by the player.

Spaceman292

Banned
I'd rather they just take their time and make an entry that's actually innovative and a 10/10 game. I'm in no rush to play a mediocre FPS.

Also, lots of Nintendo games are made with gameplay design first. The last thing they focus on is story.
There's still a limit I think. Seems like four years is plenty of time to make a good game, even an ambitious one. If it keeps getting stretched out it could signify a troubled development.

Papacheeks

Banned
This should not surprise anyone, when it comes to Nintendo's pace for output. Look at their release schedule for 2020. If you bought a switch this year your playing indies, and a few nintendo first party.

I bought a switch a couple years ago with the hopes of Metroid prime trilogy and Prime 4 coming out within a year or so. It never happened, so I sold it.

And not theres talks of a Pro style switch.

Nintendo seems to have not had things ready to go when they launched. As in developers all under one roof, and tools built for developers to make 3DS games for switch.

Now it seems they dont have enough developers internally to keep up with the demand of their platform.

Which sucks when you look at the 3DS releases.

Retro is still in concept mode, so we are minimum 3-4 years away.

We need to know her mass as well so we can know if she can be scientifically classed as a "mass of ass".
Paging S Sybb

Naked Lunch

Too bad Metroid doesnt need to be cinematic or emotional.

There's a disconnect with this series for me going from 1, 2, super, fusion, zero (which are equally legendary) - to all the others. Very similar to, say, the Silent Hill series (1-3 vs the rest).

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Too bad Metroid doesnt need to be cinematic or emotional.

There's a disconnect with this series for me going from 1, 2, super, fusion, zero (which are equally legendary) - to all the others. Very similar to, say, the Silent Hill series (1-3 vs the rest).

Yet there were emotional moments in most of those "legendary" parts of the franchise. Also SH4 is fantastic. Not as good as 1-3, but still a top tier horror game.

RIP Metroid series.
I hope they don't forget to hire some level designers and gameplay/mechanics programmers along with all these "emotional narrative cinematic" people.

Top Bottom