• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus Dev Says PS5 Ray Tracing ‘Is Probably The Biggest Feature We’re Excited About’

sonyfifa

PS5 Ray Tracing Has Metro Exodus Very Excited

Bloch revealed that the team is fully embracing the technology moving forward, and the fact PS5 is supporting the feature is a huge thing for the team.

Elsewhere, he also touched base on the PS5 DualSense controller and what it may bring to the Metro franchise.

What about the xbox version why arent they talking about cu count.

i think the technology is great but at this moment it isn't worth the hit to your frame rate, if ps5 can pull it off my hats off to them but i'm skeptical
? R&C is already "pulling it off", just as MM and GT7?

However, no console will be able to do more than a partial RT implementation for reflections, shadows.......maybe GI this gen.
Did anyone expect more than that with 10/12 TF when you can easily bring a 2080TI to its knees with "light" RT already?

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Surely it can handle a current gen game at 60fps with limited ray tracing? At least at 1440p. If not, thats extremely disappointing.
i don't know raytracing is incredibly taxing even on my custom 2080ti pc that's cpu/gpu overclocked, it'll depend on PS5's card, amount of ray tracing cores, etc.

? R&C is already "pulling it off", just as MM and GT7?

However, no console will be able to do more than a partial RT implementation for reflections, shadows.......maybe GI this gen.

Ratchet is only 30fps though isn't it? Knowing 4A Games, they'll definitely target 60fps i'm sure.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's PSU. They aren't going to praise Xbox on a Playstation outlet lol

tenor.gif

Maybe at 1440p.
That native 4k thing is not sustainable with effects like RT activated on either console if you want to have any headroom for graphical advancements throughout the gen.
Agreed. Probably will see a lot of both, some targeting native 4k/60fps with no ray tracing, others targeting 1440p-1800p with some DLSS, ray tracing at 30fps.

Last edited:

Ellery

Great to hear for console gamers. I thought the RTX in Metro Exodus was worth the resolution sacrifice I made to turn it up.

(It was before DLSS 2.0 came out. No idea if Metro has it now)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Great to hear for console gamers. I thought the RTX in Metro Exodus was worth the resolution sacrifice I made to turn it up.

(It was before DLSS 2.0 came out. No idea if Metro has it now)

Yup, I think Sony will do something as smart/better. They've used hardware checkerboarding tech previously and it is still impressive even this late, and they've released a patent of a new upscaling/reconstruction method lately. The final result is what matters.

Last edited:

Ellery

Yup, I think Sony will do something as smart/better. They've used hardware checkerboarding tech previously and it is still impressive even this late, and they've released a patent of a new upscaling/reconstruction method lately. The final result is what matters.

Yeah. The way that Metro Exodus brute forced RTX on PC was not great. It wasn't a smart implementation and since consoles only have 1 set of hardware (at least for the PS5) it will be a much more optimized amount of RayTracing that we can expect for the PS5 update patch for Metro Exodus.

sircaw

Banned
I mean, come on dude, some of you guys are no different for the other camp.

that's absolute rubbish.

I favor sony no question, but with good reason. They have provided me with exception gaming moments. I used to listen to some of Dealer and colt eastwood back, they are fucking con artists, disingenuous people that bat for Microsoft while trying to come across as all neutral.. They fuel a constant war with their bull shit.

Microsoft have let their fans down and down again, and people still defend them. It's like some form of strange Stockholm syndrome that is going on.

For normal xbox fans, i have always wished them the best, i always have and always will, you will find multiple examples of that in my post history. i have some friends on this forum that like xbox, i chat to them, i have zero issues with them, why because they do not push an agenda. They are reasonable people that don't need to add sly little words every time they mention ps5.

Its the god damn zealots I don't like, the 2 tflops is all that matters camp.

People like colt Eastwood Dealer timdog, they are trash, they are mouthpieces for Microsoft.

while t trying to shit all over ps5 they will be buying one day 1.

fuck those hypocrites.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah. The way that Metro Exodus brute forced RTX on PC was not great. It wasn't a smart implementation and since consoles only have 1 set of hardware (at least for the PS5) it will be a much more optimized amount of RayTracing that we can expect for the PS5 update patch for Metro Exodus.

Concerning SSD, as one tried to mention it in a funny way, it should narrow the vision/computation into only what's on sight, as you can't turn around as fast as using a mouse, and even with that speed you can still manage to draw elements pretty fast and cut/cull what's behind. Interested to see the gameplay/screenshots later on.

that's absolute rubbish.

I favor sony no question, but with good reason. They have provided me with exception gaming moments. I used to listen to some of Dealer and colt eastwood back, they are fucking con artists, disingenuous people that bat for Microsoft while trying to come across as all neutral.. They fuel a constant war with their bull shit.

Microsoft have let their fans down and down again, and people still defend them. It's like some form of strange Stockholm syndrome that is going on.

For normal xbox fans, i have always wished them the best, i always have and always will, you will find multiple examples of that in my post history. i have some friends on this forum that like xbox, i chat to them, i have zero issues with them, why because they do not push an agenda. They are reasonable people that don't need to add sly little words every time they mention ps5.

Its the god damn zealots I don't like, the 2 tflops is all that matters camp.

People like colt Eastwood Dealer timdog, they are trash, they are mouthpieces for Microsoft.

while t trying to shit all over ps5 they will be buying one day 1.

fuck those hypocrites.

I'd easily argue that many of you on here are mouthpieces for sony. And sony has plenty of obnoxious sony fanboy youtubers as well like MBG.

sircaw

Banned
I'd easily argue that many of you on here are mouthpieces for sony. And sony has plenty of obnoxious sony fanboy youtubers as well like MBG.

I am one person that talks on a forum and basically keep myself to one location

how many followers do those trolls have, i am not on twitter nor face book.

that comparison is extremely poor if you are aiming that at me.

MBG is a former Xbox fanboy, same with crapgamer. You don't need shills when you have the quality to offer, let your games do the talking.

Whether they used to be Xbox, Sega, Nintendo fanboys is irrelevant. I stand by what i said. What games they like is subjective and irrelevant. Anf Crapgamer left Xbox due to Phil calling him out for his fanboyism and other Xbox gamers calling him out and his lack of views and poor content.

Last edited:
Hopefully there's an option to disable it altogether, if users want to. Raytracing isn't a free option, no matter what platform you choose.

The big takeaway here for me isn't even the ray tracing which both consoles can do, and will do very well once developers become more comfortable but instead yet another third party developer mentioning that they will make use of the Dualsense features. I was told that these features wouldn't be used by third party developers.

rofif

Banned
Even though exodus had the best day tracing.... It was still just a minor upgrade at a great cost. I just replayed it and switched to 4k dlss 60fps instead of 1080p ray tracing mid game

What exactly are you trying to win?
Isn't it obvious? The console war.

It's so funny that just reading the OP get some people riled up, like it's a Dev speaking on PS5 on a PS site. If they were speaking on Xbox on an Xbox site, it would be the same. I imagine a fanboy coming in here, to a PS thread, reading OP and just seething, burning up with rage... "how can they say they're excited for Ray Tracing on PS5 :messenger_pouting:" There is literally no comparison happening. No talk of advantages or anything :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Paulxo87

Come on Sony you dense and lazy cunts give us some details at this point 3rd party devs give us more than you stop being so stingy I swear you have this thing on lockdown but behave like a pussy I will not repeat myself if Kutaragi was still there we wouldn't have to deal with this shit Cerny pls.

I'll remember this meltdown for a good time to come lol

Top Bottom