• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metriod 5 (Dread) would have made for a killer app for a Wii Vitality Sensor Successor / Tech is "withered" into every smartphone / Iwata's last Dream

"Once DNA-extracting research machines, the imposing E.M.M.I. are now hunting Samus down. Tensions are high as you evade these E.M.M.I. to avoid a cruel death while finding a way to take them down. Find out what turned these robotic wonders into the scourge of ZDR and escape with your life."

That tension to run away, jump, slide and hide would have not only have been an external, phyical anxiety, where we use our hand eye coordination to maneuver, but an internal anxiety where our heart rate goes up and down which by calming down would allow us to make better decisions.

In my last thread, i mentioned that Ninteno only deals with "Withered Technology", what could be more withered than an heart rate monitor especially when the tech has advanced beyond just heart rate.

But putting heart rate monitors on player's body to play games wasnt Nintendo's first idea, it was their 2nd.
Nintendo 64 Bio Sensor for Tetris 64
88xiQbU.jpg

PUZrwGj.jpg

gprqWBE.gif

Ouch

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Vitality Sensor could have been Wii U Iwata, or Switch Iwata.

I'm inclined to believe it was Wii U Iwata.

Therefore I think we dodged a bullet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sensors, VR, motion doesn’t impress gamers if you don’t have Ray tracing, 4K and graphics you ain’t impressing gamers.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Iwata said the tech wasn't good enough to become a mass market product.

Last edited:
Top Bottom