• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

METAL GEAR SOLID VOICE ACTOR DAVID HAYTER SAYS REMAKE IS HAPPENING ACCORDING TO HIS INSIDER

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Long time voice actor of Metal Gear Solid Snake David Hayter recently shared some interesting news in regards to the rumored possible remake of the game.

Hayter was recently interviewed by Dan Allen Gaming in a more than 2 hours video discussing a lot of things like gaming, TV, movies, and more. At the 45-minute mark, the host started asking Hayter if he was still able to retain his voice of Solid Snake when he was younger since it changed as the hero got older. The voice actor easily brought out his younger version voice of Solid Snake in the interview and stated that he could easily do it again.

After that part, Dan Allen Gaming mentioned that there was this rumor that MGS games are going to be remade, as it was reported by Sirus Gaming two days ago. Hayter then confirmed that his trusted insider shared to him that a remake is indeed coming but he does not know when it will be announced.

If Hayter is confident that his insider is saying the truth, then it is possible we will be getting a remake coming later. It is a matter of time before game company Konami will be officially confirming this to the gaming community and the fans in particular. The game company has also renewed the trademarks for Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid, so that should be of some significance at least.

Is it really happening? Are we finally getting a remake of the Metal Gear Solid series?

DonJorginho

Banned
I JUST CAME
giphy.gif

Matsuchezz

I would buy a remake of any of the first 4 games. The first game is perfect whoever is doing the remake could trim some fat on the games and edit some scenes And codec conversations that slow down the pace of the games.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sorry I copied and pasted the thread title, could a mod fix the all caps please

VAVA Mk2

It will be glorious. Sega buys Konami on a Tuesday before Microsoft announces they bought Sega the day after. Half of this site will be thrilled. Half will be screaming the world is ending....and half will and nod and continue playing their Switch or PC as if nothing just happened. ;)

xT6hnV1.gif

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It will be glorious. Sega buys Konami on a Tuesday before Microsoft announces they bought Sega the day after. Half of this site will be thrilled. Half will be screaming the world is ending....and half will and nod and continue playing their Switch or PC as if nothing just happened. ;)

xT6hnV1.gif

Have you been slacking on your maths homework again, Daniel?

stn

I would love to play MGS1 with a proper camera and remade controls. I feel like the original still holds up even though the camera and controls do not.

Belmonte

I'm not sure if I want any game of the series remade without Kojima but, if they pick one, it should be the original Metal Gear and then Metal Gear 2.

I'm always mind-boggled people wants MGS remade again instead of seeing Solid first mission, human Gray Fox and battles like Solid Snake vs Big Boss in current gen graphics. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake particularly is outstanding and perhaps Solid Snake most epic mission.

He got a text from an insider who said it might be happening. He doesn't seem to know much else about it.
Kojima involved or not involved? Seems it would be the biggest question. Awesome news all round.
Not much seems to be known. Hayter heard a rumor from an insider that something is happening. That's kind of the extent of it.

Last edited:
This time it's true. All the other ones were fake but this is it, the real rumor.

Also Kojima doesn't want to work on MGS and hasn't for 20 years please stop trying to chain the man to his own living hell.

no remake project makes sense if Kojima is not involved. The first Resident Evil had an incredible remake because the same creator of the original game was involved in the development.
You're right it's gonna suck.

And I hope they do it like the Tony Hawk remake and include MGS2. Would be sweet!

Top Bottom