• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

METAL GEAR SOLID VOICE ACTOR DAVID HAYTER SAYS REMAKE IS HAPPENING ACCORDING TO HIS INSIDER

After playing FF7R, which I loved af, Im really forward to an actual remake/retelling of any old MG game. 7R brought some cool surprises that kept the game fresh. I don't want to play MG knowing already whats going to happen, imo.

You just know when they finally remake it they will have to remove stuff like the whole Meryl's butt sideplot and censor Sniper Wolf's costume. Especially if MS ends up buying it.

I don't think Kojima is going to be dragged back into this unless someone throws a ton of money at him. His team is already working on the post Death Stranding game so I think those rumor are bunk. Without him it is going to be a vastly different experience. If you think people complained about the Demon's Souls changes, wait til this comes out.

Hoping it is Bluepoint and a Sony joint. Just let them do what they did with Demon's, overlay the original game engine with updated graphics, then tweak it for usability. I wonder if they would have to use the Twin Snakes script or if the original is an option? Hayter seemed to think that audio was unusable.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

You just know when they finally remake it they will have to remove stuff like the whole Meryl's butt sideplot and censor Sniper Wolf's costume. Especially if MS ends up buying it.

I don't think Kojima is going to be dragged back into this unless someone throws a ton of money at him. His team is already working on the post Death Stranding game so I think those rumor are bunk. Without him it is going to be a vastly different experience. If you think people complained about the Demon's Souls changes, wait til this comes out.

Hoping it is Bluepoint and a Sony joint. Just let them do what they did with Demon's, overlay the original game engine with updated graphics, then tweak it for usability. I wonder if they would have to use the Twin Snakes script or if the original is an option? Hayter seemed to think that audio was unusable.

Sniper Wolf won't be addicted to tranquilizers anymore she'll just be eating tic tacs.

Oh christ I hope they don't use the TTS dialogue, its not near as good, its difficult though because I know they can't use some crusty audio in a modern game, I wonder if they can "upscale" it? I also vote for overlayed new Gfx on old engine. Just add in those better motion capture for cutscenes and animations like Demon's Souls did. It would be nice if they added more environmental reactions that are a nice bonus but dont affect gameplay too much, like glass breaking, etc.

KRYPT83

I'm not sure if I want any game of the series remade without Kojima but, if they pick one, it should be the original Metal Gear and then Metal Gear 2.

I'm always mind-boggled people wants MGS remade again instead of seeing Solid first mission, human Gray Fox and battles like Solid Snake vs Big Boss in current gen graphics. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake particularly is outstanding and perhaps Solid Snake most epic mission.
What if? What if Microsoft aquire Kojima productions then license MGS or what if it's not a remake and more of a license game of the movie being made? lol
DZ47VXD.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I hope if they are doing a Collection there's a PS5/XSX native version, 4k60fps with RT

Belmonte

What if? What if Microsoft aquire Kojima productions then license MGS or what if it's not a remake and more of a license game of the movie being made? lol

If it is made by Kojima, I don't care what title they are remaking. They can choose even MGSV and I buy it.

But it would be a pity to remake MGS since it is the third game in the franchise not the first. And many Metal Gear fans can't play MG1 and 2 because they can't stand the graphics, so starting from them is much better.

Also, if they want to do, there is no better time since Phantom Pain is a Metal Gear 1 prequel.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There are a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers. At this point in time, the best we can hope for is concrete news one way or another that tells us whether there even is a series revival to look forward to.

If there is, regardless of how well it turns out, there would definitely be cause for excitement. It is Metal Gear, after all, and it's a series that demands your attention. If it ever comes back, it will definitely have that in spades.

Carna

Banned
Maybe we are getting new metal gear games under a different name, set in the same universe but with a different protagonist. Maybe?

Top Bottom