• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid getting a remake and is a PS5 exclusive

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Hmm. That just made it far less believable.
Why is a Remaster of 13 year old game unbelievable?
desperate fanboys
Like 7.5 Billion Dollars desperate
94e.gif

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Why is a Remaster of 13 year old game unbelievable?

It was a very odd beast, from a technical standpoint. You had to install each chapter of the game seperatley. I guess the complexity of making a port is what makes me doubt it.

Last edited:

FALCON_KICK

Depends on a game.
Sony has to look into decreasing the value of Gamepass and they can only do that by locking away these games with full exclusivity or for a significant amount of time(few years). Temporary console exclusivity doesn't do that because like Yakuza series, they will also be available on Xbox.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It was a very odd beast, from a technical standpoint. You had to install each chapter of the game seperatley. I guess the complexity of making a port is what makes me doubt it.
Didn't they release an update that installed the whole game

LokusAbriss

It is the perfect time to bring the stealth genre back with the new raytracing tech. MGS remakes would feel like new after so many years.

MGS3.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm the only one that liked twin snakes? I'm fine with that lol. Kinda weird that we are remaking remakes though. I guess its inevitable.

VulcanRaven

Moves like this are the reason Sony fans will not be able to play Elder Scrolls 6.
The original MGS1 was PS1 exclusive(it was released on PC later) so it makes sense. Also if this is true then I have a feeling that the remake might not even be made if Sony didn't want to make it.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
The original MGS1 was PS1 exclusive(it was released on PC later) so it makes sense. Also if this is true then I have a feeling that the remake might not even be made if Sony didn't want to make it.

Morrowind was only on Xbox and PC so I guess buying Zenimax is the same logic.

Roufianos

The industry is so creatively bankrupt the only way people get excited now is if there's a remake of some old classic game. What about creating something new on the level of MGS? No? Ok

Well, in 23 years I haven't played anything on the level of MGS1 so I'll take a remake thank you very much.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I want to believe this, but should be a remake from the zero, just with some key moments from the original one

The original is a masterpiece for it's time. Doesn't hold very well nowadays

Matsuchezz

I'm the only one that liked twin snakes? I'm fine with that lol. Kinda weird that we are remaking remakes though. I guess its inevitable.

Technically it was a piece of crap, SK was an awful choice, but then again, Nintendo had no Golden team on the technical side, I liked some cutscenes others were downright ridiculous. And they did not redesigned the game at all, they just added MGS2 controls and that was it.

Last edited:
I would love a MGS1 remake as well, but I just don't trust that anyone can do it. Especially not Kojima, but also other studios due to Twin Snakes.

I think the best course of action would've been to remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 first, instead of going straight for Solid. That's kind of the thing I want the most. All it needs is a decent writer, who will ignore anything after MGS3.

semicool

Banned
And I thought it was just the movie industry that was running out of ideas, remaking things all the time. Its not just this game it's just all the remakes lately....it's getting ........old.

Last edited:

Trumpeter

Neo Member

I'm sure it was a fantastic game for anyone with a Gamecube that hadn't owned a PS1.

There are many strong reasons as to why most Metal Gear fans consider it widely inferior to the original.

Orta

Banned
Twin Snakes and MGS3 is what I really want. The rest of them bored me to tears whilst the whole MGS2/Raiden thing was the biggest cheap shot I'd ever experienced in a game :messenger_pouting:

What is with all these Sony/Konami "rumors" normally where there is smoke there is a fire..... not so sure here.

I believe this rumor has run its course already. It's just being revived amid the Bethesda acquisition. It's not too crazy of a rumor though.

Jeeves

Sounds unlikely that an MGS game will be made with Kojima's involvement, and I don't know how interested I could be in even a remake without him.

I will say if somehow Kojima was able to work on remaking the MSX games, I would buy whatever hardware needed to play those.

Zzpaff

Unless they're bringing the gameplay into the 21st century then no thanks. MGS was great for the time, but that time has long passed.

This is why Sony aren't doing backwards compatibility though, so could very well be true. Can't sell you old stuff again if they let you play it for free!
You say yes ... who in his right mind was going to cross his mind, playing the fucking REMAKE of Metal gear solid having the ps1 at hand ...

sFmvqh8.jpg

Top Bottom