• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid getting a remake and is a PS5 exclusive

Arachnid

face_with_rolling_eyes.png

Kuranghi

In the comments: "Maybe Sony have bought the licenses for Konamis IPs. Now just give the remake to Kojima productions and the remasters to Bluepoint. Oh and while im dreaming a metal gear rising remaster would also be welcome"

What a mad lad, but I pray this is what happened.

Trumpeter

Neo Member
If this is true I really hope they expand the playable area and to some degree 'do their own thing'. And that they get as many of the original voice actors involved as possible. I bought the original on release day and it's still one of my favourites, but we really don't need another Twin Snakes with better graphics or more MGS4 style nostalgia baiting.

A remake of the original Metal Gear 1&2 would be a much better idea.

RedGamingTech dropped a video on this today. But I've read that he's a bitch, a liar, shill... and a Vampire? so it likely won't happen and is false.

But really, that would be amazing to see. Metal Gear Solid is probably near the top of my all-time list! It is an iconic game.

Last edited:
If this is true I really hope they expand the playable area and to some degree 'do their own thing'. And that they get as many of the original voice actors involved as possible. I bought the original on release day and it's still one of my favourites, but we really don't need another Twin Snakes with better graphics or more MGS4 style nostalgia baiting.

A remake of the original Metal Gear 1&2 would be a much better idea.

Give me David Hayter or don't even bother.

Mister Wolf

Cant get excited about old stories. Not for RE2 and certainly not for this. Twin Snakes all over again.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I swear people are so sensitive over this console war bs they turn into tabloid level thread creators making titles like "Sony buy Konami, reboots all franchises with AAA financial backing". Then you go into the thread "4chan member xXxBiGDiKGaNgxXx said he spoke with a friend who knows someone who is aware of a deal in the works, will update when possible".

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its kinda funny, the same people who bite on the idea that MS is about to buy SEGA are skeptical that Sony could be able to sub-license a couple of dormant IP's from Konami?

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
The MGS4 throwback showed that a full blown remake of MGS1 wouldn't really work without some design changes. The spaces are so tight for modern graphics.

KellyM

LOL ,,,i doubt it, You have a better chance of them doing a remaster of Metal Gear solid on the Switch using the Gamecube code,,,and it would probably just be emulated.

Mentat02

Banned
According to the playstation nation Kojima is a hack, fraud and pseudo intellect. yet here we are, digging up the hacks back catalog of pseudo intellectual games to hype of the PS5. How embarrassing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom