• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid cast has reunited for an unknown project

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Top 10 Greatest Ensembles Ever (no particular order)
- Friends
- Community
- Metal Gear Solid voice actors
- Red Dead Redemption 2 voice actors
- Flash FM from GTA: Vice City
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Smash Bros Ultimate
- original id Software developers
- Ocean's Thirteen
- Predator (1987)

BRZBlue

But no Quinton Flynn, so this problably is a Metal Gear Solid Remake?!
But, why is Lori Alan (The Boss) and why Robin Atkin Dowes (Kaz) involved.... la li lu le lo god dammit
They might just be using Kaz for Miller. Miller is one of the people you can talk to via codec before its revealed its really Liquid.

Heck, flashbacks with Snake getting some training from Miller wouldn't be that far off.

As for Lori Alan. REX AI voice? Ocelot flashback?

Kev Kev

sweet memories

but no VR, no BUY
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Ozrimandias

They might just be using Kaz for Miller. Miller is one of the people you can talk to via codec before its revealed its really Liquid.

Heck, flashbacks with Snake getting some training from Miller wouldn't be that far off.

As for Lori Alan. REX AI voice? Ocelot flashback?
But Cam Clarke did the voice of Kaz in Metal Gear Solid, and if you compare the voice of Robin Atkin and Cam Clarke, they're pretty similar.....in fact, Robin did the voice of Liquid in Ground Zeroes and it sounds like the voice of Cam Clarke.

I still have these VAs forever etched into my brain, especially Hayter.

Metal Gear!?!
Meryl!
Ghyahh Ahhhhh Ahhhh Ahhh >>>>>>>>>>>Doo do dah do do Dah Dah Dah ...Snaaaaaake! (gunshot sound)

Aggelos

Only if BluePoint Games licensed the game from Konami, to make an MGS1 Remake for PS5.
Otherwise the cast reunion is (or will be) just another Silent Hill case.

Retinoid

People need to temper their expectations a bit. We know nothing about this "project" or even if it's an official project at all beyond a simple tweet from Hayter. It could easily be some weird fan project or just a reunion of some kind to celebrate the series. Speculating that this is a brand new game/remake of MGS1 is dangerous at this point and you're only setting yourself for potential disappointment if you do.

Kaz and Boss are not in the original though.

Then it casts doubt it's about that.
FFVIIR enters the room and wipes it's arse on the carpet.
I think it's safe to say that if we get a MGS remake it won't be a glorified remaster like SotC and Demons Souls. MGSs level design is antique and needs to be extensivly overhauled if they do a remake.

I generally think that if they get Metal Gear back from the dead Bluepoint would be better off doing a remake of the original Metal Gear. Not only can they do whatever they want to do here (except sticking to the main plot I guess) but they have to. And if this remake works and fans accept it they can move further.
Yeah from a business standpoint there'd be familarity & demand from fans for MGS1 remake but we all no its not the right thing to do.

They'll either do a fucked up complete, sandbox reimagining of MGS like FF7R because you cant make a contemporary game out of those small areas of Shadow Moses or it's going to be a remake of MG1/2 or even a retcon prequel to MGS, Featuring the cast of the shadow moses incident making cameos for fan service or even replacing the cheesy bosses of MG1/2.

FrankWza

People will be disappointed. Ground breaking at the time but the game is incredibly short without the cutscenes and codec conversations.
if it’s a real remake it’s going to need lots of expanded areas, objectives and bosses.
Maybe. But I bought ground zeroes day 1 (gamers club)and loved it. No regrets. Played the crap out of it.

GenericUser

It's obvious that they are there for the mgs remake, but I'm actually more surprised that they're all still alive. It's been almost a quarter of a century after all.

Top Bottom