• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Announced - Master Collection coming in Autumn 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater remake will be available on PS5, Xbox Series X / S, and PC (Steam)
  • In addition to this new game, a rerelease of the original three MGS games — Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and Snake Eater — was revealed on Wednesday as part of a collection called Metal Gear Solid Master Collection: Volume 1. It’s set to release this autumn on PS5.

I0rAEph.png

Fw64-itacAAfdxo
Fw65KDBakAA-tmd

Fw64wotaEAE9M-H
Fw6-z6yWcAUDNBf.jpg

Screenshots:​

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I wonder why they just removed the 3? It looks really odd to me, lmao. I wonder if the collection is at least gonna be remastered or if they're just straight up ports?

DelireMan7

Wasn't expecting much, but horrible, cheap looking teaser. The angry expression for Snake... jesus
When the parrot flew over the jungle I was "This MGS3 jungle" but the cheap CGI made me doubt it.

Vol 2 remaster: MGS4, Peace Walker and the other PSP one ? (I don't see them Remastering MGSV)

SJRB

Gold Member
Why are they only remaking the third game? Why not start with the first or second one?

From a gameplay standpoint it is easily the most "complex" with its many mechanics and large open areas.

It's the easiest to remake.

MGS1 and 2 have almost nothing but cramped hallways and corridors to the point that anything other than the isometric view ruins the entire experience.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Why are they only remaking the third game? Why not start with the first or second one?
It’s the best place to start if they want to bring back the series. MGS did so much retconning it’s insane. If they start chronological they can bring the plot into a certain order.

Gals Kojima is not involved by the way as this will probably spare us the embarrassing parts in the writing. Looking forward to play a MG again without cringy dialogue.

Top Bottom