• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Awww, bummer. Really wanted it to work on the PC version. This might be the deciding factor that makes me play PS4, I need to be able to listen to my tapes on the go. Then again, someone will probably rip all the tape audio files out of the game and I can just put those on my phone. Still, it'd be nice to only be able to listen to what I've unlocked.

Cathcart

Yeah as soon as it got to actual footage from TPP I was like nope. Wasn't an actual spoiler but there were still almost 2 minutes left and I wasn't going to chance it.

Awww, bummer. Really wanted it to work on the PC version. This might be the deciding factor that makes me play PS4, I need to be able to listen to my tapes on the go.

Yeah, PC support would have been amazing. I really hoped that they would support it, maybe they will in the future but I doubt it.

strafer

Well, guess that's it then...now we wait.

CE6qE_9UkAAPPl4.png

Mœbius

For UK GAF folk: not sure if it's been posted already over the last few pages but GAME has got restock of the Collectors Edition for PS4 (not sure about Xbone but I think not).

I've been checking every day for the past couple of months and this morning it was back in stock! Have ordered mine and last I checked about 20 mins ago it was still there... Go! Go! Go! :)

Navy Bean

Hey guys, quick question. I just finished Ground Zeroes on the Xbone (and really enjoyed it) but want to buy TPP on PS4. Is there any meaningful carry-over or reward for finishing GZ that I will lose by switching systems?

I think it will be similar to GZ but now also with Mother Base management?

I never used the GZ one but that sounds really useful.

Hey guys, quick question. I just finished Ground Zeroes on the Xbone (and really enjoyed it) but want to buy TPP on PS4. Is there any meaningful carry-over or reward for finishing GZ that I will lose by switching systems?

You get some motherbase staff and the MSF sneaking suit and a few more things. GZ was free with plus a few months back too so you could do just the important stuff.

Rajang

That's not possible, unfortunately.

MGSV-GZ-to-TPP-Data-Transfer.jpg

Cathcart

What'll the companion app be for anyway?
Accepting microtransactions.

I think it will be similar to GZ but now also with Mother Base management?
The GZ app had Mother Base management. Really hoping it's a lot more interesting now, though. I thought the MB part of the GZ app was pretty boring. Might be pretty cool if I could do MB stuff away from home and have it affect the main game, though.

Accepting microtransactions.

The GZ app had Mother Base management. Really hoping it's a lot more interesting now, though. I thought the MB part of the GZ app was pretty boring. Might be pretty cool if I could do MB stuff away from home and have it affect the main game, though.

I'm guessing we'll be able to micromanage the Motherbase through the app. Maybe even see FOB alerts and other things. Not a fan of companion apps but this could be interesting.

Also the trailer threads are already spoiler threads. Sigh.

the app stuff is fine when really thinking about it i'll just use my hdmi output on my note 4 for the app when playing my ps4 version just a shame it wont work with the pc version

strafer

IT'S OVER..... IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT CAN'T BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DAMMIT

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Don't watch it. There are two major hints and one scene which you should experience for yourself for the first time.

Yeah, no need to hurry. It's also not the best MGSV trailer imo. It's probably on the last place if I would rank the MGSV trailers from Kojima himself.

Nice one, gents.

Outer-GAF: Always got a brother's back.

I really doubt that was a spoiler.

Did we know it since Gamescom? If not, tis a spoiler to me!

Embearded

It has spoilers guys. It also answers one question from the Elegia trailer.

Did you notice Mantis in the trailer? A friend of mine just noticed and told me about it.

I'll advise you guys to keep your blur-o-vision ready, accidental spoilers might happen.

It has spoilers guys. It also answers one question from the Elegia trailer.

Did you notice Mantis in the trailer? A friend of mine just noticed and told me about it.

Tag it mate, and
Yeah, though the concept art which came out before already hinted at that. Really curious to see how it'll turn out.

Venom Fox

Banned
Guys, the "spoiler" at 2:50 isn't a spoiler, it's blatant misdirection based on the evidence we KNOW playing GZ and through all the trailers etc.
The spoiler later though is only a spoiler because it expands on what something looks like. This is extremely hard for me to say without crossing the thin line.

But I am warning you all, DO NOT go into the spoiler thread, even if you have before, because what's just been spoiled in there, even I didn't want spoiled for me. Around 3 people have the game and have streamed (they are down now) the hospital sequence.

But I am warning you all, DO NOT go into the spoiler thread, even if you have before, because what's just been spoiled in there, even I didn't want spoiled for me. Around 3 people have the game and have streamed (they are down now) the hospital sequence.

Yet you keep going in the spoiler thead. >__>

Guys, the "spoiler" at 2:50 isn't a spoiler, it's blatant misdirection based on the evidence we KNOW playing GZ and through all the trailers etc.
The spoiler later though is only a spoiler because it expands on what something looks like. This is extremely hard for me to say without crossing the thin line.

Dude, you're tempting me. You're like a kid who tells you that candy is bad for your health while he's stuffing his face with it ;_;

I really can't miss out on this moment in history -- Kojima's last trailer -- but I don't wanna be spoiled either.
Shit.
Is jt MGS3/MGS4/MGR trailer-level spoilers or like Elegia trailer level?

Cathcart

as far as Im concered...there is no spoilers in that trailer...oh well..guess some people are more sensitive.

I hadn't watched any of the previous trailers yet. With games and especially movies I won't watch a trailer if I already know I'm going to play/see it. There's just no reason; it's not like I'm going to get more excited for a new Metal Gear game.

Since this was his last trailer and Kojima said it was going to be more of a retrospective and have less spoilers for V I ended up watching a little of it and then bailed out. I can wait another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom