• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear 1 + 2 Remake, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots Remake, or Metal Gear Rising 2?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
metal-gear-solid-1-2-and-other-konami-classics-have-been-released-on-gogcom_feature.jpg

The original Metal Gear Solid on PS1 was definitely a great game for its time as well as being my introduction to the series, but I thought it would be a little too obvious of a choice to list for this kind of thread. It's a hugely popular and influential entry in the Metal Gear series. That said, I think it would be very interesting to see a remake of the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake or possibly even a remake of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Otherwise, a sequel to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, perhaps more in line with the ambitions of Metal Gear Solid: Rising, could also be very cool.

Anyway, I'm curious to read about your personal opinions on these games and whether or not you would prefer a remake of the first two Metal Gear games, a remake of MGS4, or a sequel to Platinum's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
It's a crime those 2 first games have not been modernized. They arguably have the most epic encounters there as Solid Snake confronts Big Boss.

I can live with MGS4 in its current state and revengeance not getting a sequel, altho i wouldnt say no to either.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Make a movie of MG with Kyle Reese instead.

The answer is MGS 1 and 2 remake ofc, not sure why that has to be said tbh.

Last edited:
Why a remake of 4? Instead of MGS 1/2/3 remake?

Edit: Ok, I read the OP. Not particularly interested in any of these.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Easily MG1 or 2.

The universe of Metal Gear is so wild and has so many changes, I feel a remake of 1 and 2 would help greatly as they can now tell the story how its progressed throughout the series.

Big Boss vs Snake
Gray Fox before the smashy smash

Last edited:
Having a remake of MGS4 would be great, they can hire a writer that actually knows how to write in coherent sentences so people can understand what's going on, because then and only then will the story make sense. (actually you could do that with all the games)

Also condense about 16 hours of the 30 hours or so of cutscenes. lol.

EDMIX

Having a remake of MGS4 would be great, they can hire a writer that actually knows how to write in coherent sentences so people can understand what's going on, because then and only then will the story make sense. (actually you could do that with all the games)

Also condense about 16 hours of the 30 hours or so of cutscenes. lol.

I love the story of MGS4 and I'd agree to that too.

Its also why I even like MGSV more. I actually got to spend majority of the time PLAYING vs "time to sit down and wait this cut scene funa be a while" lol I almost fell asleep during one, not cause it was bad, I love the fucking game, but 1 cut scene dead ass started to be the opening length of a film and I just remember being so tired, out here begging for a save lol

Holammer

Remaking (re-imagining even) the old 8bit games could be a lot of fun. Especially if they make 'em like 80's action movies with a lot of muscle and explosions, instead of the grand sweeping themes and symbolism wank of the later games.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Didn't you get the memo, only nintentrolls want remakes. /s

Last edited:

EDMIX

Remaking (re-imagining even) the old 8bit games could be a lot of fun. Especially if they make 'em like 80's action movies with a lot of muscle and explosions, instead of the grand sweeping themes and symbolism wank of the later games.

Maybe.

Its simply too much of the series to really ignore and not have it part of the remakes. You can still have that and still have muscles and explosions btw.

Kev Kev

mother fucker! i was reading that topic title like "omg omg omg could it be is it happening please say it is OMGod dammnit NOOOO!!"

i was really hoping for news of a metal gear 1 and 2 remake, which btw is the correct choice to vote for in that poll

mortal

Gold Member
I don't personally feel the need to replay through shadow moses a 3rd time with better graphics.

If I were interested in any sort of remake, it would be for MGS2.

Spacefish

The MGS games don't need any remakes, they still look great. They are also so idiosyncratic that I can only see a remake by a third party fucking it up. Rising 2 has the highest probability of being great even without kojipro

Naked Lunch

MG 1 and 2 by far.
I wish Kojima got around to that and the WW2 Boss game.

I remember there was a very old rumor MGSV's 2nd half was going to be Metal Gear 1 and 2 - but of course that never happened.
One of the coolest things about MGS1 is that it assumed you played the MSX originals. I always loved that the 8bit games actually mattered and held huge significance throughout the entire series.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If remade, MG 1 and 2 should be contained within one game as two acts(and possibly Ghost Babel as a DLC act). Both are slightly too short as standalone stories.

Arachnid

I loved Revengance, but there is no way in FUCK I'm going to pick a sequel to a Platinum game over a proper Metal Gear stealth title. Put me in the "anything but Rising" camp.

Last edited:
MG 1 and 2 by far.

I remember there was a very old rumor MGSV's 2nd half was going to be Metal Gear 1 and 2 - but of course that never happened.
One of the coolest things about MGS1 is that it assumed you played the MSX originals. I always loved that the 8bit games actually mattered and held huge significance throughout the entire series.
Hmm. The only thing I remember about what The Phantom Pain could have been was the cut mission Kingdom of the Flies.

Even the original idea they had for Rising, an interquel to Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4, I'd love to have seen that.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Prime Snake in MG 1 and 2 Remade.

Id like a Snake adventure between MGS1 and MGS2, and even MGS2 played as Snake not Raiden lol
And like Someone said, that WW2 Boss game would be cool

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Ofcourse a new game, Rising 2. Rising was a rough diamond, wasn't entirely sold on it but it was made within a very short timeframe.

SJRB

Gold Member
MGS4 is a narratively deeply flawed game, a remaster wouldn't solve a thing.

MG1 remake has my vote.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
MGS4 doesn't need a remake, it just needs a port.

GreenAlien

Remake all of them except 5 and Twin Snakes, I have played those :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I couldn't get into Rising, so I don't want a sequel of that.

Last edited:

dcx4610

First two games with a modern engine. I still think the first is the best game story and character wise. A 2 remake playing with the option of playing as Snake instead of Raiden would be nice as well but that's when the series started going off the rails to me.

Hydelol

Banned
Since 1+2 are perfect the way they are and 4 is a complete mess of a story, that rapes the lore of 1+2, Rising is my choice. At least with Rising you know it's just a parody story but the gameplay is exciting.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
MG 1 and 2 by far.
I was always against the WW2 Boss game, mainly because it made no sense to me because it's unrelated to Metal Gear.
A spin off yeah, but no mainline

Roufianos

I wouldn't trust anyone to remake MG 1 and 2 outside of Kojima. They'd basically be building the narrative from scratch.

Gimme an MGS1 remake anyday since more of the foundations have been laid.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wouldn't trust anyone to remake MG 1 and 2 outside of Kojima. They'd basically be building the narrative from scratch.

Gimme an MGS1 remake anyday since more of the foundations have been laid.

Imagine the creative freedom though when remastering MG1.

I'd love to see Bluepoint take a swing at this.

Top Bottom