• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metacritic Users Voted for The Last of Us as the Decade’s Best Game!

Is the Last of Us your concesus pick Game of the Decade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article here: Click me.

In tallying votes regarding its users favorite releases of 2019, Metacritic also allowed users to pick their favorite releases of the last decade. The categories voted on were for television, film, music, and video games. Interestingly, The Last of Us was most widely selected as the best game of the decade.
The full top 10 list for Metacritic users’ favorite games of the last decade is as follows:

1. The Last of Us/The Last of Us Remastered — 331 Mentions
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 163 Mentions
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — 118 Mentions
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2 — 63 Mentions
  5. Mass Effect 2 — 42 Mentions
  6. Bloodborne — 37 Mentions
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — 32 Mentions
  8. God of War — 32 Mentions
  9. Grand Theft Auto V — 31 Mentions
  10. Dark Souls — 30 Mentions
Three PlayStation exclusives made the list, two of which–Bloodborne and God of War–are a product of the PS4 era. Thankfully, one of the three will soon receive its long-awaited sequel. The Last of Us Part II hits stores on May 29th.

So what do you think? Is the Last of Us your game of the decade? Consensus pick despite a personal favorite?

Lock if old.

Kokoloko85

Amazing groundbreaking game.
I prefer Dark Souls/Bloodbourne but I can totally understand why it wins this.

Same as many of those games, its personal preference really

Dogman

It was one of my favorite movies from last gen.

maxresdefault.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
It’s not even the best movie of the decade.

However, far be it from me to interrupt people enjoying things. I’m glad so many people felt so passionate about it. I just don’t see it whatsoever, unless you really, really specialize in and appreciate the cinematic nature of gaming being pushed forward.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Is it 2013?

It's maybe in the top 10 of the decade based on impact and praise it but its definitely like 9 or 10 in the top 10.

Play more games. 👀

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
THOU is definitely (in my opinion), the game of the decade, and, for me, the best game ever made with depth and meaning.
TLOU2 is without doubt the disappointment of the decade and to this day I find there's absolutely nothing of any depth or meaning to take from it ... unless you've got the sensitivity of a teenager that grew up on pop corn thrills.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
No, not at all. I like it plenty but it's probably barely cracking my top 10. I'd put Witcher 3, God of War, GTA5, Half Life Alyx, Persona 5, maybe even Spider-Man ahead of it.

bender

What time is it?
It's a straight forward story that had dated puzzle and combat mechanics when it was released. Fortunately it's carried by the interpersonal relationships of Joel and Ellie. If anyone deserves an award, it's the team of Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker. Their performances elevate the game into something that everyone should experience.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
ignorant people will say what a magazine says.

A cultured player we know that there are many games that are the best game of the decade ... for example

322863-gravity-rush-remastered-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

405791-gravity-rush-2-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

and many more...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom