• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Ionian

Best part was the simpsons guy trying to bait me when I had put him on ignore and gone to bed. Only to wake up and see what he'd done the the topic.
dog-doggy.gif

Not gonna lie, his infantile wailings added flavour to the thread.

Especially his 'I defeated the enemy and will be back to defeat him again!', seriously funny shit. Kicked up the thread a notch into hilarity.

The Bart Simpson avatar really made it, hard not to read his posts in that voice.

Tschumi

Yesterday morning:
"Laugh at our jokes and we'll laugh at you"
This morning:
"Lol this newb made a fool of himself"

I'd rather go back to discussing haxan7 haxan7 's perversions or Chris's asexuality in the context of amateur New Delhi mma tournaments tbh

How does this make you feel, S Star-Lord ?

Speaking of perversion:

This song is epic but Jesus is Björk an exquisitely hentai individual

Final edit: for the record I've only ever used empathy if i was expressing empathy with a post. I'm actually kind of blind to the "u mad bro?" alternate interpretation and now I'm wondering how many empathetic people were actually being antagonistic wankers lol

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Ah TaySan, forgot about him. On one hand he was milquetoast and his opinions seemed to be so measured as to be insincere under scrutiny. On the other, he obviously lacked the wit, intellect, or nuance to be an actual troll.

So I guess I answered my own question: he was a model ree poster

That all said I'd never compare any active poster here with him. Even in jest.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've been noticing drastic mood swings lately and I'm wondering if it's related to some type of depression or anxiety that I'm not aware of. I've never been a person who's suffered from that, but I've been told before you can have it and not realize it.

For a few months during the summer I was super short on patience. Like if I tried to open some type of packaging and it wouldn't open up right away I'd flip out and yell COME THE FUCK ON AND FUCKING OPEN. And I found myself doing stuff like that all day everyday. Just being frustrated with small things not happening exactly as I wanted them to. And I was aware of it. I wasn't sure why it was happening, but I did take note of it.

Then I realized the other day it just went away and I haven't done it for a while. I don't know why or what caused it. But it has been replaced by this feeling of dread I've been having. Not about anything in particular. Just haven't been able to enjoy the fall like I typically do. I look forward to this time all year and for whatever reason I've been waking up everyday just feeling worried, but not even sure about what. I'm not particularly bummed or sad about anything.

I have a bunch of doctors appointments coming up over the next several weeks and having those obligations as baggage in your brain could be what's causing it. But I'm honestly not sure.

Just noticed these weird mood swings and changes in feelings though.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I've been noticing drastic mood swings lately and I'm wondering if it's related to some type of depression or anxiety that I'm not aware of. I've never been a person who's suffered from that, but I've been told before you can have it and not realize it.

For a few months during the summer I was super short on patience. Like if I tried to open some type of packaging and it wouldn't open up right away I'd flip out and yell COME THE FUCK ON AND FUCKING OPEN. And I found myself doing stuff like that all day everyday. Just being frustrated with small things not happening exactly as I wanted them to. And I was aware of it. I wasn't sure why it was happening, but I did take note of it.

Then I realized the other day it just went away and I haven't done it for a while. I don't know why or what caused it. But it has been replaced by this feeling of dread I've been having. Not about anything in particular. Just haven't been able to enjoy the fall like I typically do. I look forward to this time all year and for whatever reason I've been waking up everyday just feeling worried, but not even sure about what. I'm not particularly bummed or sad about anything.

I have a bunch of doctors appointments coming up over the next several weeks and having those obligations as baggage in your brain could be what's causing it. But I'm honestly not sure.

Being aware of your mood changes when confronted with inanimate objects and not being able to blame "Other people" is a plus here. Talk about it with your doctor, but it sounds like there's something not right there.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

When in doubt see a shrink man. There's a good reason they bill out so much an hour. They know how to help, or when they can't, who can.

An overwhelming feeling of dread or doom is a big sign of generalised anxiety. As are mood swings like you've stated. Go and talk to your doctor and see what they have to say. It's good that you're already booked in to see them.

I spent ages not dealing with my own issues before they sort of swallowed me up and I'd hate to see that happen to someone else.

Can you link any big life events that may have made you feel this way?

If there's anything you need to get off your chest or are worried about don't be afraid to hit up my DM's, as a person diagnosed with depression and anxiety I might be able to put your mind at ease. (or just bombard you with star wars gifs)

JumpMan1981

Banned
Two faced little snake, that guy that's a friend to your face then shit talks you behind your back when he wants to get in with some "cooler kids".

Or "You laugh at our jokes, we laugh at you" Stay in line or you'll get dog piled by the clique if you clap back at one of our sacred cows.

rvcoYQg.png

Holy fucking shit, the lack of self awareness.

qnAQUs8.gif

Metagaf gold right here boys.

Yes. The lack of self-awareness.

Holy fucking shit, indeed.

Here it comes.

"Stay in line or you'll get dog piled by the clique if you clap back at one of our sacred cows."

See, nush nush ? Want to talk about lack of self-awareness now before more of your little clique buddies join the dog-pile?
Nah, don't get it twisted. I'm just wondering why you're wading in here trying to stir shit up. What a pointless waste of time on a Wednesday morning.

Or does it get your dick hard trying to fight people through a computer screen?

JumpMan1981

Banned
Well, I don't appreciate the drama. Why drag up yesterday's shite, not really a good look.

You talk about cliques and whatnot but it isn't the case. We just happen to enjoy posting in MetaGAF.

Trust me, Nush can look after himself.
And yet, you jumped in.

Thought it was worth pointing out.

It wasn't even a couple of pages between nush nush going on about cliques and dogpiles and then falling into the exact same trap with SafeOrAlone SafeOrAlone while also going on about "self-awareness".

Tschumi

I dunno ur background, but have u reduced ur escapism lately? I find when I abstain from games the realities of what my life's missing kinda become clear to me and I tend to freak out and detest my time wasting...

Top Bottom