• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Ornlu

Banned
"The heart of the question is whether all Posters are to be afforded equal rights and equal opportunities. Whether we are going to treat our fellow Posters as we want to be treated. If a Poster, because his avatar is a Letter, cannot shitpost in a topic open to the public, if he cannot send his alts to the best PoliGAF threads available, if he cannot vote for the Mods who represent him, if, in short, he cannot enjoy the full and free life which all of us want, then who among us would be content to have their avatar removed and stand in his place? Who among us would then be content with the counsels of patience and delay? "

One day, a Letter Poster will stand up and be counted in the Top 20! :messenger_heart:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
"The heart of the question is whether all Posters are to be afforded equal rights and equal opportunities. Whether we are going to treat our fellow Posters as we want to be treated. If a Poster, because his avatar is a Letter, cannot shitpost in a topic open to the public, if he cannot send his alts to the best PoliGAF threads available, if he cannot vote for the Mods who represent him, if, in short, he cannot enjoy the full and free life which all of us want, then who among us would be content to have their avatar removed and stand in his place? Who among us would then be content with the counsels of patience and delay? "

One day, a Letter Poster will stand up and be counted in the Top 20! :messenger_heart:
You have my dong

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Tay San just getting ripped apart in every thread now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I used to find him kinda weirdly charming / naive. His recent posts have kinda killed that. They've all been one-liner Ree-takes for weeks now.

Its-3-AM-and-I-can-t-sleep.jpg

I'm steadily becoming a self-loathing Playstation fan on this forum.

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- was right, the gaming side is filled with "mental patients and glue sniffers" (*paraphrasing). I'm surprised EviLore hasn't handed out straight jackets for free. I've seen stunts and acrobatics that give FreedomGate's tag a run for its money. Some of these people devote their loyality to the all mighty monolith and let it override all sensible thought.

I'm beginning to think we should create some sort of fanboy "dog pit"/colosseum thread in the community section where the remainder of GAF make 'horse-betting'-like wagers on which console warrior gladitor gets the boot the "quickest" (a.k.a. "reaching the finishing line"). Could be a neat spectacle, I'm sure.

For the record, I generally dislike console warriors and fanboyism alike from any platform. Its fine if you like a platform and express enthusiasm for it, its something else when all reason flies out the window.

/rant, vent, etc.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Its-3-AM-and-I-can-t-sleep.jpg

I'm steadily becoming a self-loathing Playstation fan on this forum.

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- was right, the gaming side is filled with "mental patients and glue sniffers" (*paraphrasing). I'm surprised EviLore hasn't handed out straight jackets for free. I've seen stunts and acrobatics that give FreedomGate's tag a run for its money. Some of these people devote their loyality to the all mighty monolith and let it override all sensible thought.

I'm beginning to think we should create some sort of fanboy "dog pit"/colosseum thread in the community section where the remainder of GAF make 'horse-betting'-like wagers on which console warrior gladitor gets the boot the "quickest" (a.k.a. "reaching the finishing line"). Could be a neat spectacle, I'm sure.

For the record, I generally dislike console warriors and fanboyism alike from any platform. Its fine if you like a platform and express enthusiasm for it, its something else when all reason flies out the window.

/rant, vent, etc.

4c1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

O-N-E

Fresh copypasta for you.

You know what, man? You have a real problem with cherry picking single words and jumping on them. You're pedantic as hell! Is that what they call strawmanning? I don't know, that could be wrong, I care not. You've gone from challenging me on this Crybaby thing to picking up another string. When will you end? Short answer: never.

I am pretty confident that Yuasa is trying to gift people with a) the joy of great, creative anime and b) inspiration and uplift. I've never seen him take a fucking stand against people who are different, so yeah I reckon I can say his anime are all inclusive.

The thing is, you're on this forum more or less all day, every day, and you've gotten to be so good at picking on people that you don't realize that you're being a total wanker about it, and you don't realize that you've gone beyond calling people out on slip ups and ventured into pointless anonymous bully territory.

I see you on that Meta GAF thread, you're quick with your memes and smart as a whip, comfortable on this forum, so your forum foo is much stronger than mine. Does that mean I'm supposed to feel schooled by a guy who is elitist about a show/director he obviously doesn't even relate to? Maybe in real life you have some emotional reason to associate with tatami galaxy, but as far as i can tell on this forum you belong with beevis and butthead.

A final word on my OP on this thread. Nobody else thought I should be taken in front of a firing squad, nobody else has been cut to the marrow by my thoughtless, throwaway speculative point making. I'm reasonably confident that you've been triggered and have put on some forum vigilante cloak and decided that this poor nobody needs to be taken down. Maybe I should edit my post to say "maybe you can think this is the struggle of O-N-E against the hordes of naive Noobs", would that suit your worldview better?

I'll move along too. And I'll show my kids these anime in the fair knowledge that I'm giving them access to a fundamentally healthy and positive - and inclusive - world view.

SatisfiedSarcasticAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Nymphae

Banned
Serious question... what does following someone do? If someone's banned how do you see all their posts?

I think I heard someone say if you follow someone, their posts will populate the "New Posts" section from the main forums list, the blue button (though I'm not certain about this, I don't follow anyone but when I click that it's still populated with items)

If someone is banned, you can hover their name, see their User Card, then click the number displaying their total posts and it will take you to a list of them.

Some posts just get deleted though, I hate when a user ban on the ban page has a linked post, and you click it and it's been deleted. Why even bother linking it.

Last edited:
I think I heard someone say if you follow someone, their posts will populate the "New Posts" section from the main forums list, the blue button (though I'm not certain about this, I don't follow anyone but when I click that it's still populated with items)

If someone is banned, you can hover their name, see their User Card, then click the number displaying their total posts and it will take you to a list of them.

Some posts just get deleted though, I hate when a user ban on the ban page has a linked post, and you click it and it's been deleted. Why even bother linking it.
was trying to see all my posts from when I joined here in 2012 and I'm pretty sure was banned for my commentary on Portal 2 being overrated. It's funny that time has been more kind to my viewpoint because if you did a poll of neogaf now for best game of 2011 you can bet your ass dark souls would have beaten Portal 2.

To be fair I was pretty arrogant about my viewpoint but I'm not sure my conduct was ban worthy by today's standards

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Saw that The Way of the Gun was added to Amazon Prime, looked to see if there was a Best Opening Scene thread here, first post nailed it

Top Bottom