• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

T8SC

I've fished a noodle. What have you done with your life???? :pie_thinking:

3997e912.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I went to YouTube with the intention of posting 90 different versions of Whoop There It Is to make Thaedolus feel at home, but for some reason something... different showed up in the search results after the first few. You can all suffer like I did.

Did you suffer like G did?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I went to YouTube with the intention of posting 90 different versions of Whoop There It Is to make Thaedolus feel at home, but for some reason something... different showed up in the search results after the first few. You can all suffer like I did.

I apologize, apparently the proper title is “whoomp” so maybe there was some confusion

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fuck that fat fuck killing himself for views. Dude needs to stop.
I only heard about this guy the past year. Never knew who he was but has a big following. Just another fast ass eating.... but turns out years back he was a skinny guy. Then he starts pigging out, making out with guys, and voila! It's now his image for clicks.

As for the fat sisters, I remember seeing long time ago on Discovery or TLC those click bait shows they started to to do. I tihnk it was called the 600 lb man and they had to knock down a wall, use a forklift and weigh him on a cattle scale at the hospital.

Got to admit. I enjoy watching this stuff. lol. And I thought I was a fat ass wearing XL sized clothes.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I only heard about this guy the past year. Never knew who he was but has a big following. Just another fast ass eating.... but turns out years back he was a skinny guy. Then he starts pigging out, making out with guys, and voila! It's now his image for clicks.

As for the fat sisters, I remember seeing long time ago on Discovery or TLC those click bait shows they started to to do. I tihnk it was called the 600 lb man and they had to knock down a wall, use a forklift and weigh him on a cattle scale at the hospital.

Got to admit. I enjoy watching this stuff. lol. And I thought I was a fat ass wearing XL sized clothes.
I had no idea who he was, never seen him before. That's sad. Not emotionally sad, just pathetic.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I travel all the time with edibles. No one at TSA gives a shit about it these days. He will be fine Just keep them on his carry—on and keep the quantity to as low as possible.

Yeah I told him as much, TSA misses like 90% of weapons anyway and it’s not like they’re gonna be testing what looks like candy for THC content. I also warned him they were 20mg a pop and I usually only take half of one right before bed for sleep, but that didn’t stop him from taking a whole one before dinner. I guess he’s used to some coworker giving him homemade stuff whereas the ones I got are actually are commercial and tested for dosage/semi regulated.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legit question but why do a lot of Americans make a lot of unhealthy food choices?

I'm not from America but when I went there, the food they serve is like good for 4 people... And that's just one serving for one person.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Legit question but why do a lot of Americans make a lot of unhealthy food choices?

I'm not from America but when I went there, the food they serve is like good for 4 people... And that's just one serving for one person.
There’s such a thing as a box

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

IMO a few key reasons.

1. Too much competition among food companies and restaurants. So best way to get more sales is offer more food. I've done my share of trips to US cities over the border and there's a shitload of buffets everywhere and fast food joints have crazy deals for dirt cheap. You can see this on US channels (I get the Buffalo affiliates) and when a ad comes on it'll be $5 for some giant combo or $1 tacos.

2. Money. US people money to spend. And for the people who dont have money, the culture is trained to go into credit card debt as if everyone lives like at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Consume, consume, consume. So what happens is it cycles to my point above about companies needing to fight for sales. And that means offering more food or value for every dollar

3. Junk food tastes great. Go to a Canadian grocery store and you'll see junk food. Hop over the border and visit a grocery store and the junk food, chips, pop, cookies etc.... is like twice as many aisles and probably 5x the variety. There's just so much different tempting things to buy.

Star-Lord

I went to Cali many moons ago, and upon landing my first port of call was McDonalds as I was beyond hungry. I went up to the counter, ordered a small Big Mac meal, and nearly had a heart attack just looking at it. Their small is our (UK) large, and they wonder why they have an obesity crisis. I found your answer, you’re welcome.

Soodanim

Gold Member
This guy is eating his life away...one upvote at a time. :lollipop_downcast_sweat: :lollipop_pensive:

😂😂😂what on earth did I just watch?!
I went to Cali many moons ago, and upon landing my first port of call was McDonalds as I was beyond hungry. I went up to the counter, ordered a small Big Mac meal, and nearly had a heart attack just looking at it. Their small is our (UK) large, and they wonder why they have an obesity crisis. I found your answer, you’re welcome.
I've always heard this. And things like restaurants giving you a double portions of already ridiculously large portions just because. You order ribs and they give you the whole animal. Then there's the corn syrup problem. I've tried American stuff, it's atrocious. American ownership ruined Cadbury's by making it cheap and sugary. They have the balls to criticise our food while they have a tower of pancakes drowned in syrup and butter for breakfast!

I'm going to have a cup of tea and daydream about Yorkshire puddings.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Where did you go that served portions for 4? Unless you're talking about a buffet, I think you're making a generalization that does not align with reality.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This guy is eating his life away...one upvote at a time. :lollipop_downcast_sweat: :lollipop_pensive:

This dude and what he represents is more terrifying to me than any horror movie. I dunno why, but it reminds of the colosseum with people spectating someone's death though it seems more fucked up to watch today's stuff as it is a much slower death. Watching this guy's content is watching someone slowly commit suicide. I am surprised YT allows this type of thing tbh.

The things people will do to be noticed by others is deeply troubling to me at a psychological level.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Where did you go that served portions for 4? Unless you're talking about a buffet, I think you're making a generalization that does not align with reality.

Well, here’s a normal Filipino size meal that I eat (minus the rice, I don’t eat much rice nowadays):

rs7Q2m4.png

Peggies

Gold Member
(minus the rice, I don’t eat much rice nowadays):

rs7Q2m4.png
That's smart! I've been measuring my blood glucose the last few weeks and realized that rice (especially that sticky white rice you get at Asian restaurants) makes your blood sugar levels rise like hell. Not even chocolate does that.

Star-Lord

I've always heard this. And things like restaurants giving you a double portions of already ridiculously large portions just because. You order ribs and they give you the whole animal. Then there's the corn syrup problem. I've tried American stuff, it's atrocious. American ownership ruined Cadbury's by making it cheap and sugary. They have the balls to criticise our food while they have a tower of pancakes drowned in syrup and butter for breakfast!

I'm going to have a cup of tea and daydream about Yorkshire puddings.
I went to a few family-owned, non-corporate restaurants and, yeah, they pile the food on. It’s good food, don’t get me wrong, but unless you’re doing a man vs food challenge, most of it will go to waste. Even halving the portions they give you is too much for most. But, yeah, I’ll take crumpets and tea any day of the week.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well, here’s a normal Filipino size meal that I eat (minus the rice, I don’t eat much rice nowadays):

rs7Q2m4.png
That quantity is line with my own experience as an American.
I’m not sure where you went within the US, but it seems more like hyperbole than reality.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
1. Too much competition among food companies and restaurants. So best way to get more sales is offer more food. I've done my share of trips to US cities over the border and there's a shitload of buffets everywhere and fast food joints have crazy deals for dirt cheap. You can see this on US channels (I get the Buffalo affiliates) and when a ad comes on it'll be $5 for some giant combo or $1 tacos.

2. Money. US people money to spend. And for the people who dont have money, the culture is trained to go into credit card debt as if everyone lives like at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Consume, consume, consume. So what happens is it cycles to my point above about companies needing to fight for sales. And that means offering more food or value for every dollar
To add to this - the food itself being served at restaurants is usually one of the cheapest components of the experience. Successful sit-down mom and pop joints, their food cost is usually under 33%. Megacorps like McDonalds have this down to 10% or less. The overwhelming majority of "raw cost" for restaurant owners is rent / mortgage and wages paid to their staff for preparing and serving the food. Fast food places also have costs in the disposable wrappers and containers (for example, the cup a large soda comes in costs more than the soda itself and only costs marginally more than a small cup). Sit down restaurants that are fancier have additional staff wages for paying dishwashers.

So, all things considered, most restaurants can offer larger portion sizes (to increase value) without it affecting their bottom line very much.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m still curious about this, are you getting funny looks or giving them?
I usually feel worse for the parents of loud kids than I do for myself, I just put headphones in. But yeah when you’re the one trying to corral the kids it sucks. The baby was the angel on our last trip and the 3.5 year old (then still 2) was awful. This time their roles flipped and we had a layover on the way home…not my favorite day, but actually not much of a disaster. Just long and needing a lot of patience from both parents

laynelane

IMO a few key reasons.

3. Junk food tastes great. Go to a Canadian grocery store and you'll see junk food. Hop over the border and visit a grocery store and the junk food, chips, pop, cookies etc.... is like twice as many aisles and probably 5x the variety. There's just so much different tempting things to buy.

Eating healthy also costs more. I've worked in various grocery stores and noticed that pattern. Two people will spend the same amount but one gets two bags worth of groceries and the other gets five - the unhealthy one being the five bag person, of course. I'm speaking for Canada, though. Don't know if it's similar in the US.

Star-Lord

Nah, GT always seemed like a cheap spin-off to Z. Z was just superior in every way, and my favourite sagas had to be the android saga, the Cell Games, and Majin Buu. GT never came close.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Everything alright with the old eye?
Mostly fine. I was worried about having something serious like retinal detachment (which can sometimes lead to blindness) but he thinks I have Central serous retinopathy.

basically some fluid leaked in my eye. He said it happens because of chronic stress especially to “type a” personalities. I still have to follow up with a neuroopthamologist and cardiologist. But it’s not the serious thing I was worried about so I’m feeling pretty good. Basically just have to manage my stress better.

thanks for asking :pie_smfaceyes:

Peggies

Gold Member
Mostly fine. I was worried about having something serious like retinal detachment (which can sometimes lead to blindness) but he thinks I have Central serous retinopathy.

basically some fluid leaked in my eye. He said it happens because of chronic stress especially to “type a” personalities. I still have to follow up with a neuroopthamologist and cardiologist. But it’s not the serious thing I was worried about so I’m feeling pretty good. Basically just have to manage my stress better.

thanks for asking :pie_smfaceyes:
Take care of yourself!

Top Bottom