• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

teezzy

Banned
HjdxSBM.png

Eh, not really. 8-10 years ago maybe but now? nah.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still phenomenal.

I still think it's THE game to play on PC, honestly. The open nature of the levels, interactivity, destructibility and freedom it affords while looking gorgeous... has the shooter genre really surpassed it?

Mista

Banned
I still think it's THE game to play on PC, honestly. The open nature of the levels, interactivity, destructibility and freedom it affords while looking gorgeous... has the shooter genre really surpassed it?
I don't disagree with your points at all. Yes, Titanfall definitely did. At least for me

I don't disagree with your points at all. Yes, Titanfall definitely did. At least for me

I actually don't 100% get the craze for Titanfall people have. Part 2 had a fun campaign, especially that time travel level but overall it was like a really well done Call of Duty or something and nearly as forgettable once I had finished. Maybe I need to replay.

Mista

Banned
I actually don't 100% get the craze for Titanfall people have. Part 2 had a fun campaign, especially that time travel level but overall it was like a really well done Call of Duty or something and nearly as forgettable once I had finished. Maybe I need to replay.
Yeah thats not true. Its nowhere near any CoD game. The wallrunning, fluid movement, gunplay and everything in this game is spot on

Nymphae

Banned
I bought the Saved by the Bell DVD collection and have been watching that lately. I used to watch that show every morning before leaving for high school, it's cheesy as fuck but it's good simple fun from a better time.

Totally forgot about the new series reboot and I just watched the trailer, that's going to be brutal. Who is this shit for? Kids don't want to see fossils they never knew reanimated, and are 40 somethings really getting excited to see a woke reboot of a show they watched when they were kids? Nothing feels organically interesting anymore, everything this culture produces has this corporate approved vibe to it.

I bought the Saved by the Bell DVD collection and have been watching that lately. I used to watch that show every morning before leaving for high school, it's cheesy as fuck but it's good simple fun from a better time.

Totally forgot about the new series reboot and I just watched the trailer, that's going to be brutal. Who is this shit for? Kids don't want to see fossils they never knew reanimated, and are 40 somethings really getting excited to see a woke reboot of a show they watched when they were kids? Nothing feels organically interesting anymore, everything this culture produces has this corporate approved vibe to it.

Welcome to our dystopian reality. Where everything is mandated by corporate checkboxes and morals are not taught by parents but instead your beloved brands.

Give in to the brands.

Love your corporate overlords!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
"Why are you presenting me a hypothetical with two retarded options" is what I should have said
You don't get the similarities between shitty reboots from 90s shitcoms to watching let's plays?
MV5BNDU5MDQyYTgtYWU2YS00MmE3LWFmYjItZTgxZmE5MWU5ODM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Did you also like Shitty Guys?

Nymphae

Banned
You don't get the similarities between shitty reboots from 90s shitcoms to watching let's plays?
MV5BNDU5MDQyYTgtYWU2YS00MmE3LWFmYjItZTgxZmE5MWU5ODM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Did you also like Shitty Guys?

I don't unfortunately, then again I'm a little slow today back to work after a week off.

Never heard of that show before but it looks bad

The series was very similar in style to Saved by the Bell, but with an urban setting and more diverse cast.

lol yeah no thanks

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
90s sitcoms barely worked in the 90s. That's a dead era, so even if the reboot was "true" to the source it would still be trash. Thank god for shows like Sunny.

Nymphae

Banned
90s sitcoms barely worked in the 90s. That's a dead era, so even if the reboot was "true" to the source it would still be trash. Thank god for shows like Sunny.

Not sure what you mean exactly, I enjoyed a lot of network television in the 90's, lots of sitcoms. 80's as well. Almost everything outside of those decades else might as well not exist AFAIC.

I liked IAS for a few seasons but it wears on me big time. I can't stand Danny Devito, I preferred it when he wasn't there. TV is almost 100% garbage now.

Not sure what you mean exactly, I enjoyed a lot of network television in the 90's, lots of sitcoms. 80's as well. Almost everything outside of those decades else might as well not exist AFAIC.

I liked IAS for a few seasons but it wears on me big time. I can't stand Danny Devito, I preferred it when he wasn't there. TV is almost 100% garbage now.

Those are some weak Sunny opinions, man.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Name a better decade than the 80's or 90's for sitcoms,
That's like saying name a better decade for metal than the 70s/80s. Not really a fan of sitcoms either but I'd take Always Sunny over the retardation that is the canned laughter (you may now laugh) shows.

and tell me one funny thing Danny Devito has ever done
His ex wife.

Nymphae

Banned
That's like saying name a better decade for metal than the 70s/80s

So they were great decades for television then. I don't get what you're arguing about.

Not really a fan of sitcoms either but I'd take Always Sunny over the retardation that is the canned laughter (you may now laugh) shows.

I'll take whatever format if it's well written and makes me laugh. Sometimes it's great yeah, but sometimes Sunny falls pretty flat, and Devito is a disgusting unfunny troll, always.

Meh. He's literally famous for being an ugly troll, like Clint Howard. He doesn't make me laugh at all, the gang was a lot better without him imo

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I was at a hotel on my vacation and had a chance to channel surf cable which I haven't done in years, I miss doing that actually. All I do now is thumbnail surf on Prime, agonizing over what to actually start watching, or look over my physical collection. It's fun to just randomly surf, land on something and not know what it is but give it a chance anyway.

I caught an episode of the new Twilight Zone, it pulled me in during the opening scenes before I knew that's what it was (I probably would have changed the channel had I known that's what it was, but I gave it a chance and it sucked me in)

It was another variation on the old body switching idea, a bank robber switched bodies with the teller as the police bust in. The twist in this being that he can jump to new bodies from there, and whoever he jumps into gets swapped with the robber's body back at the station, so the cops are interviewing a constantly changing perp. It was clever enough to keep me hooked, the twist was kinda meh but I was surprised at how good the whole production was. Jordan Peele is a terrible narrator though, the dude might be an ok writer and a sharp comedic mind, but his voice is just not right for that part.

Top Bottom