• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

-Arcadia-

Banned
There's a big difference between the person using a Digital Foundry video to make informed purchasing decisions and the person watching it to WIN on an internet forum. I don't care much for the Dirt franchise but the visuals make me worried about next-gen, or at the very least, an ill-conceived push for games to hit 120 FPS when they rarely even hit 60 last gen. To me 120 FPS is something for games like Fortnite and Fall Guys or something, some genres/games are absolutely cheapened by the visuals being lesser. Of course, I get it for MP modes because of how important input lag and such becomes, but with more standardized framerates the doors are opened for more cross-play opportunities, would have loved to experience Destiny 2 on PC while still gaming with my console pleb friends, but it would be impossible because the game is literally easier for a person on PC (not joking console gamers are petitioning for world's first races to separate by platform because of how much slower it is for them, I remember even reading the reduced framerate meant less of their bullets connected with a target, lol). But, yeah, if a game looks bad on one platform I wouldn't expect different on the other, I could end up being wrong but I get the sense this will be the generation where DF are splitting more hairs than usual.

120 is optional in everything so far, and with the tiny amount of people that can actually use it, I’d be shocked if a game were ever designed around it.

I kind of see it as a bonus for those who are super into that sort of thing. I wouldn’t worry about it poisoning the next-gen well. The predominant thinking, by far and away, is that gamers love their sparklies. And well, we do.

120 is optional in everything so far, and with the tiny amount of people that can actually use it, I’d be shocked if a game were ever designed around it.

I kind of see it as a bonus for those who are super into that sort of thing. I wouldn’t worry about it poisoning the next-gen well. The predominant thinking, by far and away, is that gamers love their sparklies. And well, we do.

When we're anticipating what next-gen is capable of sparklies tend to matter most. We want to see bigger leaps! Some people say we're guaranteed for diminishing returns but I don't buy it, know how many times people have said graphics can't get much better and been wrong? 2D hit a point where I'd say visuals became timeless, something like Super Metroid to me is timeless, but I don't see that with 3D graphics yet, everything can look better still. The problem becomes when we're shown footage and wouldn't know it's next-gen without being told, sure, we can say games are about gameplay but if you believe that you especially don't need to care about next-gen, right? A new console/new graphics card investment is big and some of us want to see where that money is going.

-Arcadia-

Banned
When we're anticipating what next-gen is capable of sparklies tend to matter most. We want to see bigger leaps! Some people say we're guaranteed for diminishing returns but I don't buy it, know how many times people have said graphics can't get much better and been wrong? 2D hit a point where I'd say visuals became timeless, something like Super Metroid to me is timeless, but I don't see that with 3D graphics yet, everything can look better still. The problem becomes when we're shown footage and wouldn't know it's next-gen without being told, sure, we can say games are about gameplay but if you believe that you especially don't need to care about next-gen, right? A new console/new graphics card investment is big and some of us want to see where that money is going.

I learnt my lesson hard after scoffing at 360 launch graphics. It took a few years, but there was undeniably a giant leap. I have never done it again.

Diminishing returns probably do exist a bit, and we see that in a lot of ways, but there’s still room for stunning jumps. Some PS5 games in particular, look absolutely wonderful.

I feel like we hit timeless a long time ago, for the right games, though. GameCube games still look good to me, in their own way.

I learnt my lesson hard after scoffing at 360 launch graphics. It took a few years, but there was undeniably a giant leap. I have never done it again.

Diminishing returns probably do exist a bit, and we see that in a lot of ways, but there’s still room for stunning jumps. Some PS5 games in particular, look absolutely wonderful.

I feel like we hit timeless a long time ago, for the right games, though. GameCube games still look good to me, in their own way.

I was in a Best Buy and saw Call of Duty 2 on 360, got my turn to play some, I was very wowed by the graphics, tbh. I remember being very impressed by how the smoke looked.

I think Demon's Souls looks great but often need to play a game to really appreciate the visuals.

If it's stylized I still like it, like Metroid Prime has real atmosphere to it. Witcher 3 is 5 years old and still one of the best looking games there is, Crysis even older. The big things for me going forward would be facial models, character animations and destructibility, not just environmental but locational damage on enemies that doesn't fade or something. I'm getting sick of shooters where your bullet holes fade or something, hoping SSDs help.

Ok so the white supremacist part doesn't bother you.

It doesn't bother me that you told me someone I shared a meme video from is white supremacist, no. You sound like CNN getting mad at Trump for retweeting the wrong person, you want to go after someone to cancel you can try me but I don't give enough of a shit for anything you're doing to matter in the end. Hold on, though... let me get a link to the amazon page for Mein Kampf and recc you read it, then I'll really be in for it, right? LOL wow, Retardera is still accepting new users, you know?

O-N-E

It doesn't bother me that you told me someone I shared a meme video from is white supremacist, no. You sound like CNN getting mad at Trump for retweeting the wrong person, you want to go after someone to cancel you can try me but I don't give enough of a shit for anything you're doing to matter in the end. Hold on, though... let me get a link to the amazon page for Mein Kampf and recc you read it, then I'll really be in for it, right? LOL wow, Retardera is still accepting new users, you know?

There's a difference between "I shared a meme a white supremacist made" and "I keep posting stuff from the same white supremacist account that I clearly follow".

There's a difference between "I shared a meme a white supremacist made" and "I keep posting stuff from the same white supremacist account that I clearly follow".

Guys, the witch hunt is in progress! Haven't seen proof it's a white supremacist account, don't see much serious at all on it, just memes. Not sure how many times you think I've posted something from it? Twice? I don't have an instagram, I post in a Facebook chat where other people sometimes share shit to me and I sometimes share it here. If you want to get me to stop sharing from them get a mod to take your side, I don't really care what views they ascribe to.

O-N-E

Guys, the witch hunt is in progress! Haven't seen proof it's a white supremacist account, don't see much serious at all on it, just memes. Not sure how many times you think I've posted something from it? Twice? I don't have an instagram, I post in a Facebook chat where other people sometimes share shit to me and I sometimes share it here. If you want to get me to stop sharing from them get a mod to take your side, I don't really care what views they ascribe to.

Just trying to figure out your line of thinking on this.

Also there's plenty of proof. Just click on the account.

I'm not interested in trying to parse what's ironic or serious in a meme. My line of thinking was the specific memes I shared were pretty funny. Are you going to point out your problem with those memes or continue to talk about the entire account and videos I never shared? I'm no more white supremacist for sharing a few memes than I am gay for listening to Judas Priest.

O-N-E

I'm not interested in trying to parse what's ironic or serious in a meme. My line of thinking was the specific memes I shared were pretty funny. Are you going to point out your problem with those memes or continue to talk about the entire account and videos I never shared? I'm no more white supremacist for sharing a few memes than I am gay for listening to Judas Priest.

Judas Priest preaches homosexuality?

Interesting.... Anyways, my curiosity is satisfied.

There are like two songs that come off as sorta gay that I can think of. Turbo Lover and A Touch of Evil (Living Bad Dreams). Everything else is just Metal. They don't preach homosexuality!

---> Lonely metal song

---> fucking government metal song

---> suck my dick metal song

We turn and face each other
My fingers pull your hair
You wince and jerk my wrist off
I bite my lip and stare
Your stance at once defiant
I'm rigid to your pose
You clench your teeth in anger
My loving swells and grows

You give me evil fantasies
I wanna get inside your mind
Come on and live my fantasies
I'll show you evil you can't hide

You're dragged into my vision
Trapped, serving to my need
Maybe imagination
Is where my dark side feeds
You slide your nails down in me
I raise my structure high
You pout, I snarl, you whimper
And wave compassion by

You give me evil fantasies
I wanna get inside your mind
Come on and live my fantasies
I'll show you evil you can't hide

Gonna take you, gotta get through
Gonna make you, do what I want

You're dragged into my vision
Trapped, serving to my need
Maybe imagination
Is where my dark side feeds

----------------------------

You stitch me up good, and you cut me down
So I string you up to keep you hanging around
You dish the hot stuff up but you keep me waiting
So I'll play it dirty 'til your body is breaking

We've got to make love, the time is right
We've got to make love tonight
'Cause we're burnin' up

You make me greedy, you won't feed me my food
But I'll make out easy, 'cause I see straight through you
You cool me off and hot me up and that's not right
'Cause you'll get hungry in the heat of the night

And then we'll make love, just when it's right
And when we make love tonight
We'll be burnin' up

Last edited:
TBF they were REALLY trying to be mainstream then so I get why they made such shit songs. Turbo and Ram it Down also tried to be mainstream AF and they were awful albums. How do you go Stained Class to this shit?

1. Painkiller
2. Stained Class
3. Sad Wings of Destiny
4. Sin After Sin
5. Screaming for Vengeance
6. Defenders of the Faith
7. British Steel

Those are top drawer for me

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
1. Painkiller
2. Stained Class
3. Sad Wings of Destiny
4. Sin After Sin
7. British Steel

1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Sin After Sin
3. Stained Class
4. Screaming for Vengeance
5. Painkiller

Also IMO Priest > Maiden.

You know you're getting old when you find yourself laughing at the jokes on the back of a Penguin bar.

Geniunely found myself in stitches at the following:

Why can't Penguins fly?

Because they are chocolate biscuits.

bronk

Banned
Anyone have any dumb skills? I can walk on my hands and do death metal vocals.

I also used to be able to crack my dick like a knuckle but my nurse friend said that's not a good idea and it'll go crooked. 🤷

brap

Banned
Just trying to figure out your line of thinking on this.

Also there's plenty of proof. Just click on the account.

da vinky?

1. Painkiller
2. Stained Class
3. Sad Wings of Destiny
4. Sin After Sin
7. British Steel

1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Sin After Sin
3. Stained Class