• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ty44_07u_400x400.jpg

rpOcXOi.png

VFXVeteran

Banned
OK. This is getting very frustrating posting on these boards.

My biggest problem is that I don't get ANY responses from my PM to the mods. They simply ignore me. Yet they will issue me a warning in a heartbeat and never talk to me about it! I deserve a response for what I've given to this community. If conversation happened, perhaps I wouldn't feel like walking on egg shells and would know exactly gets the mod team rattled but they would also know what my position is.

notseqi

OK. This is getting very frustrating posting on these boards.

My biggest problem is that I don't get ANY responses from my PM to the mods. They simply ignore me. Yet they will issue me a warning in a heartbeat and never talk to me about it! I deserve a response for what I've given to this community. If conversation happened, perhaps I wouldn't feel like walking on egg shells and would know exactly gets the mod team rattled but they would also know what my position is.
What happened? I saw your thread getting locked but didnt get why.

VFXVeteran

Banned
What happened? I saw your thread getting locked but didnt get why.

My thread didn't get locked. I wanted it to get locked hence, I sent out the PMs. No response.

But my comment is a point of contention:

Too bad it will go unnoticed. If it's not a Sony exclusive or a thread made by someone else like Bo, it [Baldur's Gate 3] will continue to be a PS3 game.

Which is absolutely the truth. Every single game that comes out other than a Sony exclusive gets the snub treatment by the Sony fans who overwhelmingly outnumber everyone else. It's frustrating to hold any meaningful conversation with such bias. My thread became such a shitfest, I asked for it to be locked - by 3 mods. None of them responded to it. None of them told me why they wouldn't lock it. But was quick to issue a warning on my comment.

All I ask if for dialogue like I got when I first came back to ERA and was vetted. I don't get any response now and it's been that way since before I was banned. I don't feel welcome here at all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My thread didn't get locked. I wanted it to get locked hence, I sent out the PMs. No response.

But my comment is a point of contention:

Which is absolutely the truth. Every single game that comes out other than a Sony exclusive gets the snub treatment by the Sony fans who overwhelmingly outnumber everyone else. It's frustrating to hold any meaningful conversation with such bias. My thread became such a shitfest, I asked for it to be locked - by 3 mods. None of them responded to it. None of them told me why they wouldn't lock it. But was quick to issue a warning on my comment.

All I ask if for dialogue like I got when I first came back to ERA and was vetted. I don't get any response now and it's been that way since before I was banned. I don't feel welcome here at all.
Try to have more patience. You're not the only user on this board with grievances.

I appreciate your contributions, but just realize that it's commonplace for assholes and critics to be more vocal so that it seems like an imbalance. My advice is the same as always - make your point firmly but politely. Don't whine excessively. Learn how to ignore non productive avenues of discussion.

You probably got warned because that comment was a whiney callout statement. Don't do that. You don't sound like a confident individual when you do that.

VFXVeteran

Banned
You probably got warned because that comment was a whiney callout statement. Don't do that. You don't sound like a confident individual when you do that.

Because I'm not confident. It was a complaint because that's exactly what happens and is allowed. If I were to go into every single Sony thread and find several things wrong with their games (I can easily do that without a problem), I'd be banned permanently pretty quickly. However, these guys do it en masse continuously and not because they have sound justification. I'm not calling for a ban because I think it's petty. But on the same vein, I should be able to point out flaws in these games without getting banned, especially since I can easily justify it with screenshots and technical explanations. But the mods won't see it that way... they'll see it as me bashing the console just because. So my question is, why is it acceptable by the mods for Sony GAFers to praise their console by bashing other games that aren't exclusive -- just because?

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Because I'm not confident.
OK, that's a start. I'm glad you are self aware and mature enough to make that assessment. That's something you need to work on in the future. It'll do a lot more for you to develop the personal tools to overcome this rather than always having others fight your battles for you.

If I were to go into every single Sony thread and find several things wrong with their games (I can easily do that without a problem), I'd be banned permanently pretty quickly. However, these guys do it en masse continuously and not because they have sound justification.
If your criticism is factual, well reasoned, and relevant, then it is not bannable. Your perception is off. Look at the ban page and how many Sony warriors got canned recently. Again, don't worry about the others. If it really is a problem, use the ignore button. It's there for your own good.

I'm not calling for a ban because I think it's petty. But on the same vein, I should be able to point out flaws in these games without getting banned, especially since I can easily justify it with screenshots and technical explanations.
In that comment, you're pointing out flaws while calling out Bo in a whiney manner. Keep your statements factual only and leave other people out of it. Only concern yourself with yourself. Your excessive concern about others and how you think others treat you and how you think others think about you is making you overthink yourself into a persecution complex.

But the mods won't see it that way... they'll see it as me bashing the console just because. So my question is, why is it acceptable by the mods for Sony GAFers to praise their console by bashing other games that aren't exclusive -- just because?
Gonna repeat myself again, one more time.

Keep. It. Factual. Don't. Involve. Others.

If you just stuck to the facts and ignored the trolls you'd be fine. But you keep unconsciously (or consciously I dunno I'm not psychic) inserting these passive aggressive comments into your writing that make it hard to sympathize with you. Please work on that.

A lot of the moderation is invisible if someone gets banned from a threat or a warning you're not going to know it. You can't assume nothing's being done about some of these people. One of the people you called out by name has gotten a temp ban recently. The more influential member you are the more responsibility you have looking at it as unfair is something you can do but to other people it might be unfair that their own threads wouldn't get as much as attention negative or otherwise. Everything is a positive and negative aspect you just need to know which one to focus on. I think part of why the mods don't respond to you it's because they expect a certain level of community moderation where we decide together what we want. I would say without a mod contradicting us the best thing to do is some of the things people have suggested to you. Personally I've started using the ignore feature a little. Right now just for people in politics Gaf better beyond any sort of rationale or reasoning. But if I viewed people in gaming side the way you view them I could certainly see myself putting them on ignore. And keep in mind if they thought you had nothing to offer they'd have you on ignore.

VFXVeteran

Banned
If your criticism is factual, well reasoned, and relevant, then it is not bannable. Your perception is off. Look at the ban page and how many Sony warriors got canned recently. Again, don't worry about the others. If it really is a problem, use the ignore button. It's there for your own good.

My criticism is always factual. The problem is that people don't like facts. They have no weight when you talk about facts, so they like sticking to subjectivity. Take a look at my thread in it's entirety. I continuously asked for factual information for the negative claims people were making about the game. Some, I knew was just trolling me simply because it was me, but others were trying to justify that their subjective opinion weighs more than fact. That gets into arguments pretty quickly - which is what happened.

In that comment, you're pointing out flaws while calling out Bo in a whiney manner.

I called out Bo because Bo has an influence on the Sony GAFers. If he says a game looks incredible, people will accept it and move on even if that game isn't a Sony exclusive. I was drawing attention to the bias against me. Which makes it very difficult for me to thrive in this community. My profession is ignored. It doesn't matter that I programmed graphics for many years and understand the hardware/software paradigms. I'm considered a fool for being "negative" against the Sony products when in fact, I am very factual in my criticisms. I'm hated because I buck up against the hype and try to instill reality. You should have seen the response when I told people that my insider told me the PS5 had the performance of a 1080Ti. I was public enemy #1.

Your excessive concern about others and how you think others treat you and how you think others think about you is making you overthink yourself into a persecution complex.

There is nothing wrong with that. If any of you got the kind of insults that I got, it'd be hard for you to thrive in this forum too. Can you imagine if people trolled a mod personally for something they didn't like? What if the team of DF were mods here on these boards and people were allowed to say what they truly felt? Do you think they'd still be posting now or would be banned?

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
A lot of the moderation is invisible if someone gets banned from a threat or a warning you're not going to know it. You can't assume nothing's being done about some of these people. One of the people you called out by name has gotten a temp ban recently. The more influential member you are the more responsibility you have looking at it as unfair is something you can do but to other people it might be unfair that their own threads wouldn't get as much as attention negative or otherwise. Everything is a positive and negative aspect you just need to know which one to focus on. I think part of why the mods don't respond to you it's because they expect a certain level of community moderation where we decide together what we want. I would say without a mod contradicting us the best thing to do is some of the things people have suggested to you. Personally I've started using the ignore feature a little. Right now just for people in politics Gaf better beyond any sort of rationale or reasoning. But if I viewed people in gaming side the way you view them I could certainly see myself putting them on ignore. And keep in mind if they thought you had nothing to offer they'd have you on ignore.

I think it's terrible to have to resort to putting people on ignore. I thought about that, but to me, that's running from the problem instead of fixing the problem.

I disagree about the mods ignoring me. That's really rude and inconsiderate. "If you have problems with the site, don't hesitate to PM us, except if you are VFX_Veteran.." really? The sooner the mods will communicate to me and we talk about the issues I have and the ones they have, the sooner they won't hear about me crying to them or complaining about injustice. I'll know exactly what the mods expect of me - as a professional in the industry.

Last edited:

Komatsu

For whatever it's worth, VFXVeteran VFXVeteran , as a technology professional myself I find your threads and comments interesting. GAF has many amazing posters and unique voices, I learned it's just a matter of ignoring the drive-by posters ("looks like a ps3 game lolz") and the usual console warriors.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
These are the important matters. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ok:

(ez pz)
Hey, if you can travel anywhere without going thru a process that takes time you can insta vacation for as long as you like. Shit is convenient imo. But then again since all of you guys live like right next to each other this doesn't seem like a big deal.

Melon

Banned
It's COCKtober 🍆🎃 u know what that means 👀👅 Dick sucking awareness month 😯🙆🏼👅 send this to 12 of ur closet hoes 👭😈 that love that dick 🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 THOT-O-WEEN 🎃is upon us !! If you get this message ✉️ you are queen 👸of the thots!!! Forward this to 7⃣ of the 🍆ThOtTiEsT🍆 thots 💁that you know will get some 👉👌 soon !!! If you don't, be prepared 🙍for 6⃣9⃣ days of bad luck ⚠️ 🍀 ‼️ATTENTION ‼️💀👻ALL HALLOWEEN 🎃🕸HOES 😚💅ITS TIME TO GET SPOOKY ☠️YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS👏GET 👊FISTED👊 BY A 💀SKELETON 💀SHOVE ✊🍭CANDY 🌽🌽CORN🍬IN YOUR 👉PUSSY 😽AND 🙅DONT 🙅‍♂️FORGET 😩🙌TO SUCK SOME 💏DRACULA 💉DICK 🍆💦 SO PUT 🔛 YOUR 👗👑 COSTUMES AND GO 🚪DOOR TO DOOR🚪👀👅💦BEGGING FOR THAT 😍GOOD GOOD😍 SEND THIS TO TWELVE1️⃣2️⃣☠️SPOOKY 👻🍑SLUTS🌮 TO 👁SHOW 💁🏼THAT YOURE READY TO GET SOME 🍫CHOCOLATE🍫 COVERED🍆DICK🌽 BOO!! Sorry did I scare you?! WASSUP GURL😉😉😊 ITS COCKTOBER 😈🌚🍂🍃🍁 AND IF YOU👈🏽 ARE GETTING THIS👇🏽😘 IT MEANS UR A HALLOWEEN 👻🎃👻👻🎃 👻🎃👻 HOE😏😩😩👅💦💦 every year in Cocktober the jack o slut🎃🎃🎃 comes to life🙀😻😻🙌🏽👏👏🙌🏽 coming to harvest 🍁🍂🍃 his hoes for THOT-O-WEEN😏😏💥💥🎈🎂🎉 send this to 15 other Halloween Hoes or else you a TRICK🎃👻👻 🎃 IF YOU GET 5 BACK UR A THOT-O-WEEN TREAT😋😋 IF YOU GET 10 BACK UR A SLUTTY WITCH BITCH👄😍✨🔮 BUT IF YOU GET 15 BACK UR THE SPOOKIEST SLUT ON THE BLOCK😜😜💦🎉🎉💯🎃 If you don’t send this to 1️⃣5️⃣ other thots💁😩👄 you will get NO DICK 👋 this COCKTOBER🎃😉😜

Hi, I'm back.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It's COCKtober 🍆🎃 u know what that means 👀👅 Dick sucking awareness month 😯🙆🏼👅 send this to 12 of ur closet hoes 👭😈 that love that dick 🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 THOT-O-WEEN 🎃is upon us !! If you get this message ✉ you are queen 👸of the thots!!! Forward this to 7️⃣ of the 🍆ThOtTiEsT🍆 thots 💁that you know will get some 👉👌 soon !!! If you don't, be prepared 🙍for 6️⃣9️⃣ days of bad luck ⚠ 🍀 ‼ATTENTION ‼💀👻ALL HALLOWEEN 🎃🕸HOES 😚💅ITS TIME TO GET SPOOKY ☠YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS👏GET 👊FISTED👊 BY A 💀SKELETON 💀SHOVE ✊🍭CANDY 🌽🌽CORN🍬IN YOUR 👉PUSSY 😽AND 🙅DONT 🙅‍♂️FORGET 😩🙌TO SUCK SOME 💏DRACULA 💉DICK 🍆💦 SO PUT 🔛 YOUR 👗👑 COSTUMES AND GO 🚪DOOR TO DOOR🚪👀👅💦BEGGING FOR THAT 😍GOOD GOOD😍 SEND THIS TO TWELVE1️⃣2️⃣☠SPOOKY 👻🍑SLUTS🌮 TO 👁SHOW 💁🏼THAT YOURE READY TO GET SOME 🍫CHOCOLATE🍫 COVERED🍆DICK🌽 BOO!! Sorry did I scare you?! WASSUP GURL😉😉😊 ITS COCKTOBER 😈🌚🍂🍃🍁 AND IF YOU👈🏽 ARE GETTING THIS👇🏽😘 IT MEANS UR A HALLOWEEN 👻🎃👻👻🎃 👻🎃👻 HOE😏😩😩👅💦💦 every year in Cocktober the jack o slut🎃🎃🎃 comes to life🙀😻😻🙌🏽👏👏🙌🏽 coming to harvest 🍁🍂🍃 his hoes for THOT-O-WEEN😏😏💥💥🎈🎂🎉 send this to 15 other Halloween Hoes or else you a TRICK🎃👻👻 🎃 IF YOU GET 5 BACK UR A THOT-O-WEEN TREAT😋😋 IF YOU GET 10 BACK UR A SLUTTY WITCH BITCH👄😍✨🔮 BUT IF YOU GET 15 BACK UR THE SPOOKIEST SLUT ON THE BLOCK😜😜💦🎉🎉💯🎃 If you don’t send this to 1️⃣5️⃣ other thots💁😩👄 you will get NO DICK 👋 this COCKTOBER🎃😉😜

Hi, I'm back.
He was this small. He said, "it's not how big it is but how you use it"! Ohohohohoho!

H8G7RAX.png

Top Bottom