• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

-Arcadia-

Banned
It would be cool if images over a certain height got automatically resized to something a little more considerate, scrolling through the funny pics thread is ridiculous sometimes
On mobile its not nearly as bad. But on a laptop or desktop its awful.

Yeah, I post almost exclusively on mobile. One time I signed into a desktop, saw one of my posts, and I had unwittingly dropped an image nuke on everyone.

Made me wonder how often I do that, completely accidentally, because I can’t tell on mobile. I would definitely welcome an auto-resizer, with an option to turn it off, or enlarge a picture, so that people can still enjoy things like screenshot threads.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah, I post almost exclusively on mobile. One time I signed into a desktop, saw one of my posts, and I had unwittingly dropped an image nuke on everyone.

Made me wonder how often I do that, completely accidentally, because I can’t tell on mobile. I would definitely welcome an auto-resizer, with an option to turn it off, or enlarge a picture, so that people can still enjoy things like screenshot threads.

I am sure I have done it as well but now I have made an effort to make the image smaller no matter what on mobile.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I am sure I have done it as well but now I have made an effort to make the image smaller no matter what on mobile.

Can’t say I’d be super-interested in converting every single meme and such (which also require a timely response) personally. Maybe if all console warriors and dumb people knock it off for a week, I’ll consider being that nice in return, lol.

Nymphae

Banned
Why would you not use the ignore feature

A lot of people seem to think not using it makes them superior to fragile users who would prefer to not see annoying garbage. You make a great point though, we all ignore things by choice in life, but I'm supposed to give every shitposter a few seconds here and there? Forcing annoying shitheads to get the fuck out of my face forever with a single click feels great.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Can’t say I’d be super-interested in converting every single meme and such (which also require a timely response) personally. Maybe if all console warriors and dumb people knock it off for a week, I’ll consider being that nice in return, lol.

Just wait till launch. All will be well!

/s

Nymphae

Banned

It's just a matter of clicking the image and using the onsite resize option, you don't need to do it elsewhere and reupload

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I spent my childhood attempting to look and sound like JTT, but it didn't get me laid.

When I finally found a lover, they quickly left me for a large woman who goes by the street name The Snow Blower.

Now I spend my evenings dry tuggin' it to episodes of The Fresh Prince. But only those with the second Aunt Viv.

tumblr_inline_ojn6ouqf7N1tcu2l3_500.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
There you go, desktop people. Lol.
N93Nxdk.jpg

For anyone wondering, put the image in the post, then click on it, then the option with four arrows all pointed away from each other. Then you can drag the corner of the picture to be the size you like.

I feel like it’s a feature that should be used with wisdom and consideration.

I’ve personally advocated it to a few people that were considering quitting Gaf on account of our more obnoxious people, and a couple of times here.

I think you should do one of two things in that situation. If you’re a fighter, or think you can be, develop a sense of humor and detachedness from the silliness, and hold people’s feet to the fire. Alternatively, if that’s not you, or what you want from your recreation time, and I understand, curate your experience with the ignore button.

On the other hand, I was disappointed to see people telling Miku to ignore the vast amount of counter-criticism he gets, for the specific behavior and actions he exhibits on a constant basis. They were basically telling him to get inside a safe space, and frankly, that doesn’t help either Miku, or this forum.
Well, obviously you wouldn't advocate to him to use the ignore feature because it would mean he would ignore you, but I didn't say "ignore the vast amount of counter-criticism". I know it wasn't the first time he whined about you guys so I thought suggesting it would help him. As I said, being that upset is a stupid reason to leave the forum.

-Arcadia-

Banned
it worked

SMB3-Level7_labeled.png

It is amazing how much this one image makes me want to play the game.

Thinking about doing a SNES Classic Game Club (kinda like a book club.) ANyone want to join?

All the clubs, please (well, to an extent). The book club has been awesome, and this would be an amazing extension of it, especially since across emulator, mini systems, and Nintendo Switch Online, everyone has access to it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It is amazing how much this one image makes me want to play the game.

All the clubs, please (well, to an extent). The book club has been awesome, and this would be an amazing extension of it, especially since across emulator, mini systems, and Nintendo Switch Online, everyone has access to it.

I will look into creating it tomorrow then.

Edit: Maybe just a SNES Club instead of SNES classic then. As there will be stuff on Switch Online like you said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom