• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It's amazing to me the support that banning things that we don't like gets here. Maybe don't read it?
I haven’t read the thread in question because after looking at the first few posts, I deemed it retarded and not worth my time. But, maybe, just maybe Evilore doesn’t want that kind of topic on his forum because certain idiots take that shit and run with it in their fervent attempts to smear NeoGAF and claim it is something it is not?

If that’s the case, I’d totally understand why it was locked.

Barnabot

I haven’t read the thread in question because after looking at the first few posts, I deemed it retarded and not worth my time. But, maybe, just maybe Evilore doesn’t want that kind of topic on his forum because certain idiots take that shit and run with it in their fervent attempts to smear NeoGAF and claim it is something it is not?

Nailed it. That thread was just giving ammo to a fantasied claim that some people have about GAF.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Would you have preferred the thread stay open or be shut down?
Considering that I got quoted twice before I could respond, part of me would prefer it stayed open so I could at least reply. But I don't care that hard. I may have been an active participant in that thread, but it was spiraling. No headway was being made. Very few new facts were being presented by the end. I'm here for fruitful conversation, not ego posturing.

Nymphae

Banned

Ban users for bad behaviour and explain the reasoning on the ban page.

Nymphae

Banned
Considering that I got quoted twice before I could respond, part of me would prefer it stayed open so I could at least reply. But I don't care that hard.

Would you care harder if it was a topic you created that was deemed unsuitable for discussion?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Would you care harder if it was a topic you created that was deemed unsuitable for discussion?
Maybe. Haven't had a thread of mine closed down yet (that I can recall) because I usually don't begin them with spurious, one-sided slurs against oppositional standpoints.

Your question applies moreso to Yoshi than to JordanN or myself or the others who picked up the torch after Yoshi's repeated failures.

Nymphae

Banned
We can’t ban idiots on other forums posting false accusations. I think you missed my point.

Perhaps lol. I mean people say what they want about this place no matter how tame it is, I don't think banning topics in an effort to control discussion outside the forum is the way to go personally.

Nymphae

Banned
Maybe. Haven't had a thread of mine closed down yet (that I can recall) because I usually don't begin them with spurious, one-sided slurs against oppositional standpoints.

Your question applies moreso to Yoshi than to JordanN or myself or the others who picked up the torch after Yoshi's repeated failures.

I think you had a few locked during the whole Afro Republican vote thread fiasco lol :messenger_winking:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
None of that to me indicates that the entire topic needs to be banned from Gaf. Lots of things have been discussed to death, do we ban them as discussion topics? It wasn't even getting out of hand or anything, people were just frustrated with JordanN. Ok, so if it's a problem with him, warn him, ban him, whatever, but now we have topics off limits until further notice? Can we get a banned topics page next to the banned users page?

We don't need a banned topics page. Nymphae, we're a video game message board. 99% of the people here don't want to talk about Nazi-inspired racial IQ and eugenics (we had good sports like DunDun and Strange who were willing to debate JordanN though, which helped get to the root of it). It sows division and puts people at odds with each other on racial lines. There are millions of other things to talk about.

Nymphae

Banned
Nymphae, we're a video game message board.

Sure, and we have a fairly active Political side board. One could argue that any discussion of politics here will sow division in some way. That's one of the reasons the board was separated right, so only people who are interested in political discussions would see those topics? Should any discussion related to race be deemed unfit for discussion since the topic is inevitably going to rustle someone's jimmies?

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, and we have a fairly active Political side board. One could argue that any discussion of politics here will sow division in some way. That's one of the reasons the board was separated right, so only people who are interested in political discussions would see those topics? Should any discussion related to race be deemed unfit for discussion since the topic is inevitably going to rustle someone's jimmies?
I think the "Nazi-inspired racial IQ and eugenics" topics, or lack of desire for, is the point EviLore EviLore is making.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

This isn't a slippery slope. I had previously directed JordanN to avoid the subject of racial IQ and eugenics, but Yoshi decided to grandstand with a debate thread and try to get JordanN banned, so I allowed him to defend himself.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Good riddance to the topic. It was a waste of time and space here and quite frankly it was full of pseudo-scientific bullshit that was pointed out by multiple members who trounced JordanN's repeated strawman arguments.

Tesseract

Banned
Good riddance to the topic. It was a waste of time and space here and quite frankly it was full of pseudo-scientific bullshit that was pointed out by multiple members who trounced JordanN's repeated strawman arguments.
if you wanna say every user in that thread posted pseudoscience, that's fine

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Jordan should really put all the hard work he puts into his posts to better use.
I know he's a 'Junior', but maybe he can get others to start threads he does the research for.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
not sure what makes you or anyone the arbiter(s) of junk science

It really isn't that hard to figure out why it is pseudo-science. I have gone in depth on how to find it out multiple times in posts over the past two years as have others. It also helps that I have spent the better part of my life actually doing research as an actual scientist. It is quite literally my job to be able to differentiate between psuedo-science and science that has some credibility.

Cunth would lose.

All you have to do is unwrap a burrito and it’s over, the fat bastard would go right for it and with enough time MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima would unleash his double edged flaming katana and finish him.
tenor.gif

JordanN

Banned
It really isn't that hard to figure out why it is pseudo-science. I have gone in depth on how to find it out multiple times in posts over the past two years as have others. It also helps that I have spent the better part of my life actually doing research as an actual scientist. It is quite literally my job to be able to differentiate between psuedo-science and science that has some credibility.
I'm not going to derail this thread as I understand this topic is now over, but I just want to make one observation.

Anyone who did spend the time going through all 17 pages would have seen that I actually did make several references to mainstream science. This is nothing compared to Flat Earth or the Easter Bunny where one has been verified by math for thousands of years or the other comes from children's stories not quite meant to be taken seriously .

I brought up 3 times and no one had countered, why would a pseudoscience actively require people be stripped of their previous scientific titles if the idea was obviously fake from the start? It's the equivalent if someone had credit for building the first car but was later fired and stripped of his achievements for suggesting all objects are made of tiny molecules.

I myself am only interested in the truth, and unless a scientist is actually calling for mass murder (which none of these scientists ever had), I do not believe that scientific theories can be worth firing or destroying entire careers over. It's this type of fear mongering and feelings over facts that have impacted just as other important scientific beliefs. Denying climate change models or refusing to teach evolution in school for being "anti-religious".

I cannot physically force everyone out there to accept the teaching of race, and even when the science is denied, I've successfully pointed out that many new research has actually shown up in recent years that verify or support what these "controversial" scientists have said., 30+ years ago.

I just want science to be taught without efforts to block it, which again, flies in the face of calling this stuff pseduoscience/nazi etc if they feel compelled to even shut down entire school science fair projects because the need to protect emotions over pursuing factual evidence is strong. If it was pseudoscience, there shouldn't be so much political interference getting in the way of stopping something you believe is inherently baseless.

Nailed it. That thread was just giving ammo to a fantasied claim that some people have about GAF.
They don't need ammo. If you don't think people can't invent a million other reasons to hate GAF, you need to look at the Resetera thread.

There's 300+ pages, and it's full of actual whackjob conspiracies from another hell hole website.

Jordan's posts come across as beating a dead horse that has been dead for centuries.
He doesn't seem open to listening to others.
His response to DunDun's comment of barbaric acts is fucked up.
This is taken completely out of context and even DunDun later came around and dropped using that word.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

ah yes i see, an actual scientist

i must've missed those courses at fsu, please give me an extra club card if you come across it

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
that sure escalated to batshit territory awful quick
good luck with your political career, aintitcool

may all your hits be crits

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
- the premise of the thread could not have been more misguided. Yoshi wanted to go on an ego-trip. This framed the discussion as "Yoshi is going to back up his accusations and prove JordanN is a racist" and instead JordanN walked all over him, convincingly.
I can only repeat this is utter bullshit. JordanN is shitting up the Resetera thread with his racially charged postings about white genocide, which is condoned by administration, but at the same time I am forbidden to answer to that in the same thread because that would then suddenly only be allowed in politics. I specifically asked Evilore how am I supposed to answer to JordanN and he said, I need to open a new thread in politics to do that, which I did, hesitently. Then one moderator / administrator changed my simple answer posting thread to a general fight thread which it never was intended to be by me*. Due to the recontextualisation I provided a definition of racism and showed a sample of postings by JordanN that exhibit such positions. It is devastating to see that a community I care about will continue to be shat on by JordanN's campaign unopposed in the most prominent thread on the site, but considering how my first answer thread was handled by staff, I do not think further engagement on the issue could lead to any positive outcome.

* And to add to this: I never was interested in such. Everyone with an ounce of political education can easily see for themselves what kind of rhetortic and sources JordanN uses. I neither have the time nor the passion to engage with the madman drivel to the extend asked for by the reframing of the thread. It is obvious that it is impossible to change JordanN's mind on the issue. I just do not think it is OK to let a racist run an extended propaganda posting streak completely unopposed.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I can only repeat this is utter bullshit. JordanN is shitting up the Resetera thread with his racially charged postings about white genocide, which is condoned by administration, but at the same time I am forbidden to answer to that in the same thread because that would then suddenly only be allowed in politics. I specifically asked Evilore how am I supposed to answer to JordanN and he said, I need to open a new thread in politics to do that, which I did, hesitently. Then one moderator / administrator changed my simple answer posting thread to a general fight thread which it never was intended to be by me*. Due to the recontextualisation I provided a definition of racism and showed a sample of postings by JordanN that exhibit such positions. It is devastating to see that a community I care about will continue to be shat on by JordanN's campaign unopposed in the most prominent thread on the site, but considering how my first answer thread was handled by staff, I do not think further engagement on the issue could lead to any positive outcome.

* And to add to this: I never was interested in such. Everyone with an ounce of political education can easily see for themselves what kind of rhetortic and sources JordanN uses. I neither have the time nor the passion to engage with the madman drivel to the extend asked for by the reframing of the thread. It is obvious that it is impossible to change JordanN's mind on the issue. I just do not think it is OK to let a racist run an extended propaganda posting streak completely unopposed.
Yes, I'm well aware of your insatiable need for attention to open up a whole thread to argue with JordanN.. I stand by my statements that you utterly failed to debunk his standpoint and only made the situation worse. You cannot fall back on the excuse "I neither have the time not the passion to engage with the madman drivel" since you were the one who spent the time to open up the thread in the first place.

Pathetic. You shine even more light on the topic by spinning it off into its own thread, but then you cower when held to account for doing so. Own up to your own behavior, for once.

I know you feel yourself to truly be a martyr, but you're not. I like how you sneak in phrases like "his racially charged postings about white genocide, which is condoned by administration" and "It is devastating to see that a community I care about will continue to be shat on by JordanN's campaign unopposed" which hints at your own true motives here.

JordanN

Banned

:pie_eyeroll:

Tesseract

Banned

this is shameful garbage

Top Bottom