• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mergers and Acquisitions |OT| Thread Merged

Acquisitions and mergers official topic

• Is this thread organic enough?

• The thread merging will lead to the collapse of the forums industry

• Anti-trust laws should prevent people from creating threads

• This gaming forum has not been bought out

• The monopolization of OTs is bad for gaming discussion

• Your post is in talks to be acquired by another forum

Results are only viewable after voting.

H . R . 2

Honestly, I don't know which one to pick. Probably negative because who else would like to buy them other than someone who is interesting pushing more NFTs and all the usual Ubishit.
Tencent, maybe
but I personally think they would be more interested in the potential of their IPs rather than the very policies that brought the company to its knees and made such an acquisition a possibility

Last edited:
If this ends up being a thing, just hope whoever buys it changes them for the best. Terminates those bloathed, boring, repetitive and political woke type of games.
At this point what is woke? and what is not woke? help me to understand
cause motherfuckers been using that term way to often
we have some dude in another thread saying bright color artstyle in games is woke lol
so i must know wtf is going on

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I love Ubisoft.

haters gonna hate idgaf GIF

I like their games to. Assassins creed is always good to me. I missed a couple out but the latest one i thought was great

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I like their games to. Assassins creed is always good to me. I missed a couple out but the latest one i thought was great

Only missed Rogue due to going to PS4. Can't play old games so I'll never play that game ever.

I love The Crew 1+2 so much, but no PS5 upgrades is really bad.

I loved The Division 1+2 as well, but no serious upgrades to PS5 means a pass for now.

They make new concepts as well, I love their attitude in making new, wacky games. But their new direction isn't really looking good.

H . R . 2

Really? We have been waiting on this surprise since what? 2020? 2019??
I think the rumours began early when the details of the pre-production meetings leaked
so it stands to reason why we haven't seen anything yet

Microsoft seem the best for to buy them and fit their IP
Sony would be wise to acquire Ubi. Imagine a Splinter Cell by Naughty Dog or Bend:messenger_crying:

Last edited:

Fredrik

Well this makes me concerned no matter who buys them, unless everything stays multiplat.
I have close friends on both PS and Xbox who pretty much only play Assassin’s Creed and do daily quests and all that craziness.
I don’t want sad friends, so don’t make AC exclusive, please.
😕

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I don't really like those sales. I mean, it's great for some big companies to boost interest, but it could be bad for monopoly reasons and the final consumer

Alx

I don't really care either way to be honest... Ubi used to be my favorite publisher, with a lot of creativity and diversity in the gaming genres it was publishing (big cash cows like Assassin's Creed or TomClancy-whatever, but also crazy stuff like Rayman or Just Dance, or even gems like Child of Eden or Valiant Hearts). But right now I can't think of anything exciting coming from them in the past few years (well the Rabbids-Mario crossover seemed nice but I don't own the right console for that)

Jennings

The winning formula is being repetitive and creative bankrupt?
Interesting you choice my post with countless who says the same thing.
Regardless of what critics says about Valhalla, that game is the peak of boringness and repetitive crap.
Nothing personal, I replied to your post because it was the one at the bottom.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I don't think MS can have more acquisitions
they are already being scrutinised for Activision
Hehe, yeah maybe. Although I’m not sure if they’re prohibited from purchasing them, but it definitely wouldn’t help their case.

I’m sure MS would like to get their hands on stuff like Assasins Creed to add to GamePass though, or just make sure no one else grabs those IP. If there’d ever be a time to sell for Ubisoft it’s probably now, I imagine they’ll get loads of companies trying to outbid each other.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Only missed Rogue due to going to PS4. Can't play old games so I'll never play that game ever.

I love The Crew 1+2 so much, but no PS5 upgrades is really bad.

I loved The Division 1+2 as well, but no serious upgrades to PS5 means a pass for now.

They make new concepts as well, I love their attitude in making new, wacky games. But their new direction isn't really looking good.
Rogue is on PS4 now, or did you mean you're not a fan of playing a game originally for a previous generation?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Is there any rule that would stop MS from buying them? They ain’t a monopoly as they in third place. So are there any rules that would stop it?

Wohc

Banned
Hope MS stays far away. I do not need anymore bland copy past open world games
I hope the console makers stay all away. I don't need eyecatcher AC graphices reduced to some Switch pixel nightmare and i also don't need Sony's formula mixed with the Ubisoft formula.

Is there any rule that would stop MS from buying them? They ain’t a monopoly as they in third place. So are there any rules that would stop it?
There is no way they would buy Ubisoft without Activision being closed.
That would get a lot of scrutiny.

It's just not happening at all.
EA could be a candidate, Tencent, Sony or some VC firm.
Maybe even an outside player like Amazon or Apple

Top Bottom