• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mental Health |AT| GAF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
TY, i have stepped back from the mental ledge so to speak, so better in that regard. But still kind of working through a lot.

Aaaaaaand working out

Go Ahead Yes GIF

I think I am a little closer to figuring out what has happened to me in the past 2 months. I seem to have completely blown out my dopaminergic system. I find myself increasingly compelled to do more and more hedonistic things. Richer foods, more “exciting” sexual activities, etc. while at the same time I generally feel a sense of complete anhedonia. My only conclusion is that I completely overloaded on dopamine at some point and burned out my receptors.
I keep pretty meticulous journal and notes on vitamins supplements drugs etc so I’m trying to pinpoint what I did. Nothing really stands out but it may be a confluence of things. I’m not a recreational drug guy besides occasional cannabis, so it’s not like I just came off a coke binge.
I wish I had an easy source for Wellbutrin.

Edit: so yeah the more research i do and reviewing my notes I am 99% sure I crashed my dopamine. So now I just have to figure out how I want to handle that.

Last edited:
So, to cut to the chase, and as some of you already know, my father died recently. My mother died from cancer back in 1994. I'm an only child so I do not have any brothers or sisters. I've pretty much lived with my father all my life and I was his caregiver as well.

After his death it has been extremely hard on me. I have panic attacks almost every night. I have a psychiatrist that I don't like and keeps giving me medicine that doesn't work and all she ever does is up the dosage. I really don't like her and in turn I can tell she doesn't like me. If it weren't for some circumstances I would be changing psychiatrists right away but I might as soon as Monday.

Look, I know I whine here every now and then but this has taken a real toll on me. I have no family in this city and I'm pretty much all alone. The loneliness. The fear that something is going to go wrong, the depression and just anxiety are all really killing me.

I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm trying to find anything that can ease my anxiety since my psychiatrist won't give me anything that will help.

I find myself crying pretty much every other night. It's been exhausting and just all around terrible.

I'm really trying to keep my whining down here but this is one case I think I have to come forward and say that I'm in a very bad situation right now and I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

sheldon_cooper

Neo Member
Has anyone here cured their anxiety naturally? My life has been flipped upside down. All of a sudden have a anxiety disorder. Tried medication but I felt like I was gonna die every time I took it. Had trouble breathing one night which made me stop the medication. So currently not on any meds but have them if I decide to go back on them but terrified by these meds. Was only on it for 1 week and going through some difficult withdrawals. Brain zaps, bad headaches, ears ringing. A huge problem for me is the medication made disturbing images of suicide pop up. And it’s hard to get these out. I’m not suicidal at all but these images are there. :/
Faced the same issue a year ago, but I decided to give another shot to medications but this time from another pharma site. A friend of mine once prescribed me to go for Modafinil 200 which is also a Nootropic and its composition contained agents for curing Anxiety, Depression. I gave it a shot and after continuous use for 4 months straight I saw severe improvements, got no anxiety attacks, my hands stopped shaking and I came out of that zoning-out phase every now and then. I could see the results after 2 and 1/2 months of use.
I would highly recommend Modafinil 200 if you're really desperate to cure the ailment and want to give medicines another shot.
Check it out here.

Top Bottom