• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megadrive/Genesis Mini finally hacked

Kazza

I've already updated the main Mini OT, but am posting this new thread too in case the news gets lost in the mix.

PLreleaseWide.gif

It’s been over 3 months of LONG days and nights but Project Lunar 1.0.0 is now officially live and available for all!

We know many of you would have wanted this release sooner but we wanted to ensure the first release was ready, and we could provide a safe and more-stable solution from the onset. (With a crap ton of features of course!)

WHAT TO EXPECT
With all of the hours of development and testing, does this mean 1.0.0 is bug free? Of course not! Is it safe? Absolutely. Is it stable? Yes. (…as long as it is used in the way that is expected!)

With 1 ½ months spent debugging, testing and 100+ people testing this release with 1000s of installs and uninstalls with no major fires we have covered a lot of ground… But, we are not able to cover every single permutation and possible installation scenario. Expect a bug or two to crop up with the public release.

Project 1.0.0 should be considered a Public BETA. Please set your expectations accordingly.

Now that is out the way… We are super happy with the outcome and while there is still a long way to go with Project Lunar, and more exciting features we wish to implement, we are glad we can finally share our work to the public.

Note, I haven't done this myself yet, so don't blame me if you brick your Mini!

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I hacked mine today and got great results. Instant nostalgia from the Jurassic park games. Found one or two games that don't work so hopefully there will be an update soon!

Welp, time to fire it up and try this out, been waiting for it to happen...

...actually I need to read up on the process in the first place. I'm probably missing something ATM to actually do this right now lol.

Top Bottom