• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega64 Community Thread of Kickapoo, Still Waiting on Blu-Ray and Joker Updates

What is Mega64?

I'm not sure if there are a lot of Mega64 fans on gaf but I'm a pretty big fan of theirs so I decided to make a community thread.

Mega64 is a group of people most known for their series of videos where they cosplay as game characters and act out games in public.

Resident Evil 4

Shadow of Mordor

Hotline Miami

They also do other dumb shit like a weekly video podcast, Todd and Aarons GOTY award, and have done promotional work for Nintendo for E3 2014/2015, E3 skits for Konami in 2011-2013, many skits for UbISoft games and a skit for Koji Igarashi's Kickstarter Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Who is Mega64?

Rocco "Street Meals" Botte

UIQPuo6.png

Place of Birth: San Diego, CA
Height: Above
Weight: Beyond
Eyes: Of The Idol
Hair: Brown like Staind

Rocco is the creator, producer, and business big-shot behind Mega64. He was voted 2nd most influential person on Complex's "25 Video Game Personalities You Should Know Who Aren't Developers" which was world renowned as the definitive list of anybody important in the game industry, ever. When he found out he was higher on the list, Yahtzee retired from video-making out of apology, and The Escapist permanently closed in late 2013. Rocco has written articles for various publications, all of which won him awards too plentiful to list in one page (please email for list).

Favorite video games: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Metal Gear Solid 3, Rock Band, Resident Evil 4, Ico, Phantasy Star Online, North and South

Favorite movies: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Return of the Jedi, Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Devil Dog: Hound of Hell

Favorite TV show: Power Rangers, The Wonder Years, Lost, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Tom Green Show, Degrassi

Favorite bands: The Aquabats, Queens of the Stone Age, Daft Punk, Slipknot cover bands, speed-mariachi outfits

Favorite food: Weird pizzas or weird burgers

Absolutely hates: People who list "naps" as an interest on any website in any form

Funniest thing ever seen/heard: My great uncle’s microphone exploding when he tried to give a speech on his birthday still takes the cake, but a close runner up is when Shawn was on a floating raft in a pool and someone threw a lit M80 firework onto it

Derrick "Dude Who is Really Loud on Podcasts" Acosta

DOB: 9/27/
Height: At least 5 Foot.
Weight: 180 pounds of cold pizza
Eyes: 2
Hair: All over

DERRICK ACOSTA is a Canadian pop musician, actor, and singer-songwriter. DERRICK ACOSTA was discovered in 2008 by American talent manager Scooter Braun who came across DERRICK ACOSTA's videos on YouTube and later became his manager. Braun arranged for him to meet with entertainer Usher Raymond in Atlanta, Georgia. DERRICK ACOSTA was signed to Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG),and then to an Island Records recording contract offered by record executive L.A. Reid

Favorite game: Dorito's Crash Course

Favorite Movie: ABADAR

Favorite TV show: The Simpsons

Favorite Music: "Ride Wit Me" - Nelly

Favorite food: Sugar

Absolutely hates: Disabled Comments

Funniest thing I ever saw: TEAM UNICORN VIDEOS! HAHAHAHAH LOL

Shawn "Terrible Father" Chatfield

Date of Birth: June 16, 1984
Height: Perfect
Weight: According to every girl they wish they had my body. (Not in a bonin’ way)
Eyes: As deep as the Ocean.
Hair: The Coolest.

Shawn Phillip Chatfield (German: [ˈHonnelore Philipp Chatfield], English see fn.;[1] 16 June 1984 – 30 March 2110), baptised as Shawn Phillip Chatfield,[2] was a prolific and influential composer of Sick Video Game Vids on the Internet.

Shawn showed prodigious ability from his earliest childhood. Already competent in the skill of acting like a goof (Vid Acting) in home videos filmed in his backyard, he has been directing videos from the age of eight and performed before the entire Internet since his late teens. At 18, he was working as a busser at Chilis, but grew restless and travelled in search of a better position, always Vid Acting abundantly. While visiting Santee in 2002, he became a member of Mega64. With this, he chose to stay in Santee, where he achieved sorta fame with his friends Rocco Botte and Derrick Acosta. They have been making videos since, and have forever changed how digital humor is perceived. Mega64 was a success with the invention of youtube they lasted longer than anyone would of ever predicted. Mega64 broke new ground in the Fall of 2022 when they launched there new incarnation of the Internet (Internet 2.) Internet 2 became so popular than on the23rd of May 2032 Mega64 Inc. Bought every movie studio and became the "Lordes of Entertainment." Since this acquisition every movie released has completely ruled and the world has been a much happier place on a whole. The circumstances of his death have been much mythologized. Some say he was so rad that he tansformed into energy and went into the atmostphere ( which is why, all scientist say the Ozone is totally fine now.) He was survived by his wife Jennie, 4 Daughters and 7 Sons.

Favorite video games: Tiny Tower

Garret "Ultimate Kickapoo Shill" Hunter

DOB: 1/31/1982
Height: 6’2″!!!
Weight: 150
Eyes: stumbling green
Hair: I dread the day that my locks are cut.

Garrett is the mythological special effects/makeup artist for Mega64. While he occasionally appears in front of the camera he is “A” number one behind the scenes. An avid gamer and self taught artist, his main influence came from watching every Italian horror movie he could get his hands on. His past adventures include singing soulful melodies in the musical group Slow Draw the Hungry Eskimo (Download the full album @ mega64.com). His favorite episode of Evangelion is the one where Rei II sacrifices herself to blow up the 16th Angel. He feels this way because Rei is a beautiful person, not in any sexual aspect, because he does not like to think of her that way. Garrett is a full time electronics technician, loves welding, cats, airsoft, women with more tattoos than him and the everyday struggle of evil to vanquish good from the universe.

Favorite video games: Resident Evil Series, Metal Gear Series, Rock Band Series, Legacy of Kain Series and Final Fantasy Series. Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: ItchyTastyZombi

Favorite movies: Star Wars Series, Indiana Jones Series, Romero’s Dead Series, Alien Series, Back to the Future Series and Ghost Busters Series
Favorite TV show: Aadult Swim

Favorite bands: The Nirvana, The Judas Priest, The Pixies, The Black Sabbath, The Joy Division, The Slayer, The David Bowie, The Iron Maiden, The Dead Kennedys, The Earth Crisis and The Danzig

Favorite food: Sea Food and Sushi

Absolutely hates: My Enemies

Funniest thing ever seen/heard: Beetle Juice from the Howard Stern Show 10 feet in front of me on a stage getting mad as hell because we sang happy birthday to him when it wasn’t his birthday.

Kevin "KevCam" Bushong

no-image.png

Date of Birth: 5/1
Height: Indiana Jones
Weight: 96
Eyes: Blue 42
Hair: Long and jurassic

Official Mega64 actor and KevCam™ operator. Met the Mega64 guys in 2003 and throughout the years have been in a few videos. One time I rolled down a rocky hill five times for a video and only the first take was used. Good times.

Favorite video games: Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 4, The Last of Us, Doom, Metal Gear Solid 4, Red Dead Redemption

Favorite movies: Buttercream Gang, Short Circuit 2, Jurassic Park, Tron Legacy, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Terminator 2

Favorite TV shows: Lost, Jackass, Modern Marvels, The Tom Green Show, Trailer Park Boys, Mythbusters

Favorite bands: Electric Light Orchestra, CKY, Daft Punk, The Rock Cats

Favorite food: Pizza

Absolutely hates: Cheese pizza

Funniest thing ever seen/heard: When we tricked Rocco into getting mooned by Garrett.

Eric "Unremarkable" Baudour

Date of Birth: May 10, 1986
Height: Average American Male
Weight: Svelte
Eyes: Like the ocean after a storm
Hair: Perfect

I produce the podcast and I hold the camera for videos. By the next time we update the website, I'll either be dead or do one more thing.

Favorite video games: Uh remember Battle Toads?
Favorite movies: Uh remember There Will Be Blood?
Favorite TV show: Uh remember Home Movies?
Favorite bands: Uh remember AC/DC?
Favorite food: Uh remember pizza?
Absolutely hates: It's still drunk and hot girls.

Funniest thing ever seen/heard: A dog in a John Cena shirt at WWE Live event that was held up so it could see the ring.

Resources

https://mega64.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/RoccoB64

https://www.youtube.com/user/roccobotte

Shawn's YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/XghunterX/featured

Derrick's YouTube

Mega64 Twitter

Derrick's Twitter

Shawn's Twitter

Garret's Twitter

Eric's Twitter

Nice! I thought about doing this a little while ago but I'm glad to see that it's a thing now. Shouts out to all of the Internet soldiers on GAF

Aw yiss! I love Mega64. I remember being a kid in middle school over 10 years ago, going into gamestop, and finding their DVD in the used DVD section. I looked at the back of the case and it had a picture of the MGS skit, and I was like 'Oh man I know these guys!'. I bought it, and never looked back.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
garret's and Rocco's love for EVA is beyond insane, i remember where they had a podcast where rocco and garret just fanboy over EVA the whole time, this was some years ago, like right after rebuild 3.0 I think

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's kind of amazing how long they've been around. I remember EGM giving away DVDs with Mega64 skits on them in the early 2000s. That's years before YouTube, people.

TL21xx

Banned
Ah, Mega64... Love these guys. Great work, and great people. They do the best "interviews" ever. I had the privilege of roping in Derrick and Shawn at RTX a couple of years ago for an interview (They double booked that year and Rocco wasn't there), and the result was solid gold. Nothing but respect for the crew.

And yes, Kutaragi's Way may very well be their magnum opus.

Ah, Mega64... Love these guys. Great work, and great people. They do the best "interviews" ever. I had the privilege of roping in Derek and Shawn at RTX a couple of years ago for an interview (They double booked that year and Rocco wasn't there), and the result was solid gold. Nothing but respect for the crew.

And yes, Kutaragi's Way may very well be their magnum opus.

Oooh link to your interview?

I remember the double booking, they were practically having a go to get people to come to their booth. It was good stuff~

foxuzamaki

There was a time for about 2 or 3 years I was subscribed to all their personal channels and use to watch atleast rocco's and shawn's youtube channel literally every single day, since they actually made it a habit to post a video every single day, sometimes they were long, most times they were short, but i was addicted to them like crack, I was familiar with all the memes and all the series and small references and such they did, like shawn the bed messer, funniest being 5awyer.

I was also a avid fan of rocco's monthly figures updates, he got me into figures and if I had more money would indulge more into them.

It's kind of amazing how long they've been around. I remember EGM giving away DVDs with Mega64 skits on them in the early 2000s. That's years before YouTube, people.

Yeah. Can't think of many people who have been around that long. AVGN and Seanbaby come to mind outside of press or industry people

Edzi

Cool, I was wondering why there wasn't already a Mega64 thread here. I've recently started to catch up on a lot of their content (mainly the podcasts, which I've never listened to/watched until recently), but I've enjoyed their videos since back in the early days when they were just starting out.

D-Man

Finally the internet soldierz have a place for us to talk about things such as the reasons as to why Shawn has never told the fingerbang story.

I've been a fan of these guys for a very long time, so I'm glad to see that we have a solid community on GAF now!

This post is a fucking TRIBUTE!!

foxuzamaki

lol do you not watch the podcast? Rocco told a story after the gay marriage ruling where one of his friends on Facebook said something homophobic and ended it with "Sad day" and they have been saying sad day ever since

fraid not, dont really have time for many podcasts these days :(

xzeldax3

I loved how they were in some of the interviews before the 2015 video game awards because their answers did not fit with the other people's at all.

I haven't kept up with the podcast since 2012, might be high-time to start utilizing that stockpile while on shift or playing games.

Quick question for everyone in the thread: How would you rate everyone's acting abilities?

I've been mulling it over in my head, and I'd say

#1 Derrick
#2 Rocco
#3 Eric
#4 Shawn
#5 Garrett (he'll always be #1 in my heart though, get yours, fruitsnackz)

I haven't kept up with the podcast since 2012, might be high-time to start utilizing that stockpile while on shift or playing games.

Quick question for everyone in the thread: How would you rate everyone's acting abilities?

I've been mulling it over in my head, and I'd say

#1 Derrick
#2 Rocco
#3 Eric
#4 Shawn
#5 Garrett (he'll always be #1 in my heart though, get yours, fruitsnackz)

Eric has been really good in recent video's.

Edzi

I kinda felt bad for them during this weeks podcast when they were talking about Funny Factory. I sort of understand the initial backlash, since it did sound like it'd be something a bit more than just video games, but I don't think it was anywhere close to being bad. Glad it didn't discourage them too much though and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Umibozu

When did they fix the colour balance on the street fighter 2 cabinet? Last one I saw before this week was in november

Edit: glad Eric shut down Derrick's spiderman argument

Woah, I did not know there was a community thread for mega64.

The new video was great, I am looking forward to the podcast where they talk about all the shitty movies they watched while making it. RIP Rasputin

Umibozu

Woah, I did not know there was a community thread for mega64.

The new video was great, I am looking forward to the podcast where they talk about all the shitty movies they watched while making it. RIP Rasputin
maybe they found a lost buttercreamers movie

Top Bottom