• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X7 - What Happened?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

200.gif

I remember playing this but only the first couple levels. It was boring and the controls didn't feel right. The only Mega Man game I played too. Yikes.

Banned
I mean, you can enjoy a bad game. But X7 (and X6 before it) has objectively bad game and level design, and it plays like shit.

same is true for many modern AAA games that still get praised to the high heavens, so I am surprised that this surprises people 🤷‍♂️

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Funny. I don't recall playing it. Loved the X series up to 4 I believe. Hadn't tried the others.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
same is true for many modern AAA games that still get praised to the high heavens, so I am surprised that this surprises people 🤷‍♂️
I get what you’re saying here, but MM X6 and X7 are broken games. Literally broken. There’s problems in those games that go beyond personal taste, a few bugs, or a general lack of polish. The level design is broken, character movement and skills are not tailored to the gameplay, etc.

DonF

Game had some god awful stages. It controlled weird cause of 2.5D, it was the worst megaman x game. But they kinda turned it around with x8(the second worse X game). It was a weird time for capcom. I loved 2d megaman. I wish they could have finished the cliffhanger from x8.

Top Bottom