• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Me and David Jaffe decided to sit down and...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
More recently, Victor Lucas had him on his show It was very good. I learned a lot by listening to it. You could try to get Victor Lucas on your show.

Fortunately for me, I’ve got better things to do with my life than listen to the nonsensical and completely predictable chattering of ideologically possessed proponents of PC culture.

And you’re wrong, Golgo wouldn’t waste his time on that horseshit either.
You let yourself get trolled by his clickbait bullshit. Pat yourself on the back.

Should ve asked why he is running a shit youtube channel?

I get it, he has made bank. Doesnt need to work anymore, but why not just start a coffee shop or something to keep himself occupied.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
You let yourself get trolled by his clickbait bullshit. Pat yourself on the back.
I don’t think you understand what “being trolled” means, sadly. Me happily clicking on another video and moving on with my life hardly constitutes “being trolled”. Thanks though? You should probably go to bed.

David Jaffe and John Romero, the two creators who have nothing to talk about except their past achievement from 20 years ago because they haven't done anything good worthwhile recently. Anything Jaffe trys, its stuck in this 90s/2000s mechanics. Romero literally can only make Doom 2 levels and call it a new game.

Last edited:

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I enjoyed the chat; just skimmed thru it. Worried/curious how much got edited. I've NEVER had that happen before on a podcast. There is literally a section where I'm talking about a furry calling in to the stream the first few weeks/months I started streaming but that got edited out and it now sounds like The Fast and the Furious: Crossroads director called in (which did not happen- I chased him down and called him and that was 2 weeks ago, not 3 years ago). No idea if the rest of this is edited in such a way to skew the conversation we had.

The rest may be 100% clean and as is. No idea. But that's...concerning. Editing out 'uhms' and 'ahs' is fine. Editing out context and slapping clips together to make them sound like I was saying something different? That is...hmm...odd.

Here's a timestamp of it, if you are curious:

David Jaffe and John Romero, the two creators who have nothing to talk about except their past achievement from 20 years ago because they haven't done anything good worthwhile recently. Anything Jaffe trys, its stuck in this 90s/2000s mechanics. Romero literally can only make Doom 2 levels and call it a new game.
I'm really not into waging BS social wars but on your statements alone you say those things like they're bad things. I'm bloody happy with games from 90s/2000s and Doom 2 levels. Ironically still some of the best games out there. There is a reason games like Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Doom 2, and all the other classics from that era hold up against the test of time. They're very entertaining, aren't full of BS filler or over bloated and the core mechanics are generally infinitely replayable. These are games that continue to win over generations of players too, my kids enjoy the classics from mini NES/SNES and are recently playing through DOOM the original as they get old enough to enough the more visceral DOOM 2016 etc. A modernisation from the classic old school into something like Rayman Legends is everything I want from gaming myself and for my kids/family to enjoy too. Few current gen games will stand the test of time, there is a ton of play through once and never touch again type games these days.

Many games from the current era would do well to have such a classic focus from the outset until their completed release.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the chat; just skimmed thru it. Worried/curious how much got edited. I've NEVER had that happen before on a podcast. There is literally a section where I'm talking about a furry calling in to the stream the first few weeks/months I started streaming but that got edited out and it now sounds like The Fast and the Furious: Crossroads director called in (which did not happen- I chased him down and called him and that was 2 weeks ago, not 3 years ago). No idea if the rest of this is edited in such a way to skew the conversation we had.

The rest may be 100% clean and as is. No idea. But that's...concerning. Editing out 'uhms' and 'ahs' is fine. Editing out context and slapping clips together to make them sound like I was saying something different? That is...hmm...odd.
I understand what you're saying here and it's likely something you encounter with a ton of editing/editors. However, it's probably just an honest accident in this case. Nothing in this podcast stood out as purposefully sinister editing to my ears mate.

Top Bottom