• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne, Red Dead Revolver and more added to the old Xbox marketplace

Barakov

Gold Member
More BC Xbox games? I'll take most of those on that list.
I've always wondered how Max Payne 1/2 plays on a controller. The game is hard as balls on PC with a mouse, was the console version "watered down" in terms of difficulty?
I remember the first one being okay on Xbox. It controlled fine from what I remember. The first on PC was definitely the type of game that you quicksaved after every shootout.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Maypayne 3 has been listed and Priced on the Xbox store

Max Payne 3
robot masturbating GIF

spons

Gold Member
I expect a big BC announcement even though Xbox marketing claims there won't be any.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

spons

Gold Member
I absolutely think a BC announcement will come, but Aaron also claims it won't be a "news beat", not just not for new game reveals.
It's probably to temper any of the ludicrous expectations most these Twitter twats have. Going to watch the stream regardless.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Banned
What about Silent Hill 2 ? I would flip if it gets Witcher 2 enhanced type of boost.

every OG Xbox game gets a 16x resolution boost as a standard feature on the X consoles (4x on base Xbox One/One S and 9x on Series S)

a 480p og Xbox game will then render at 1920p on One X/Series X,
at 1440p on Series S,
and at 960p on Xbox One/One S

Last edited:

Unk Adams

Banned
With them pushing digital and subscription services at this point I know this is just a fantasy but it would be cool if they started printing new physical copies of these games, even if it was just for a limited time. I've been buying up some of these old games here and there but the condition, as expected, is getting rough for games so old. I wouldn't mind paying $20 or so for fresh new copies in Xbox One cases (like they did with certain BC 360 games when they were reprinted), especially since some are getting pricey even secondhand.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I hope they add some more games to BC. It bothers me to no end that Fatal Frame 1 and 2 (NTSC) are compatible, but Project Zero 1 and 2 (Pal) are not.
You can just switch regions and buy the games, don't need to create another gamertag or use vpns or anything silly like that on xbox.

I purchased raiden IV and have finally got to play it (it never came to the UK and was region locked on Xbox 360)

anthony2690

Banned
All of you have listed lots of games which I would really like to play but nobody talked about THE dream:

6167b1829d382d352643aad3743374cc.jpg
Ban this man, I honestly think this game is what stopped my dad gaming (till I gave him my Xbox one X and shadow of war, what he has sunk almost a 150 hours into) :eek:

Huge shame how awful Dino Crisis 3 was, as my dad loved 1 & 2.

Last edited:

IndividualTP

Neo Member
Ban this man, I honestly think this game is what stopped my dad gaming (till I gave him my Xbox one X and shadow of war, what he has sunk almost a 150 hours into) :eek:

Huge shame how awful Dino Crisis 3 was, as my dad loved 1 & 2.
Feels bad for your father :( Meme aside I still remember I was surprised a third Dino Crisis was made... more or less 3-4 years after release! That says it all...

Esppiral

Dino crisis 3 is a piece of junk, they better spend their efforts in something else.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Never played Red Dead Revolver, very curious about that one.
Also i think id play max payne, at the time i played it on a terrible pc.

Isa

Gold Member
For me this going to be amazing if true, and all signs point to it being so. BC is one of the reasons I've been using my Series X as my main for a while now. Most of these games I'll get day 1 man, and I'll be playing through the Max Payne trilogy asap. On the og Xbox they played great, sometimes a challenging fight here and there but great fun and atmosphere. The DoA titles are great adds too, but I want to see them have the balls to the Xtreme Volleyball titles too. Wont happen though. I'll never forget when my sister got me Red Dead Revolver for my birthday, seems like so long ago. I remember really enjoying it, having heard very little it was a nice surprise.

And Munch's Odysee is one that needed to be there day 1 man. All those Oddworld games always manage to get me choked up thanks to great voice acting, world building and atmosphere. Really glad to see the BC team going back to adding more games, hopefully the support is there and they keep it up. I can see them making a killing, or at least a nice steady smaller profit on the side from those of us nostalgic folks who loved these games and experiences.

Top Bottom