• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 rules

carlosrox

Banned
Also the slo mo spin reload animation

It was cool, but definitely not grounded in any kind of reality whatsoever haha. What is he even doing there?

I remember there were mechanics to it but I forgot how it actually works. I saw videos on the game before it came out talking about it but I forgot what was said. Sometimes it does the super slow reloading and sometimes it's fast.

How does it even work?

Does the dialogue in 2 even make any sense? All the noir stuff is laid on super thick and it's hard to make literal sense of a lot of it.

2 looks stunning in 4k. The first dream sequence still looks amazing. I remember that blew me away when I first saw it on my old shit PC and it was probably like 1024 res lol!

Last edited:
I'll Never forget this awful thread...

The OP was crazy person.
I remember seeing that thread some years ago but tbh, he did have some good points with the controls and animation priority..

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Max Payne 3 still rules. Xbox making this bc is the best thing they’ve done in years

Get on it while you still can

Also using this as an excuse to post new HEALTH which totally sounds like it could be in the hypothetical Max Payne 4.

Idk why people were hating on this game when it came out
I can't deal with the endless fucking cutscenes. The ones you can't skip when you just want to play the game already.

I was one of those. Bought it Day 1 and when you DO play, it feels great but I gave up because of the above.

Edit: Just realized I responded to a post from literally years ago lulz 🫠

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
I can't deal with the endless fucking cutscenes. The ones you can't skip when you just want to play the game already.

I was one of those. Bought it Day 1 and when you DO play, it feels great but I gave up because of the above.

Hahaha...
I didn't realize it until reading your response.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

And that's it. It's fantastic shooting, that control's nicely, looks stylish as hell' and is fun to do.. But then it's marred by unskippable cutscenes that wear out their welcome well into the end of the first playthrough, let alone a second or third. I was really hopefull that GTAV was gonna take what made MP3's shooting so good and build on it. And GTAV, while an awesome game in it's own right, did not do that.

Top Bottom