• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Trailer Matt McMuscles: Evolve - What Happened?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

I was one who loved the game

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

CheeseCake

Jun 18, 2021
This game was so, SO fun back then. The best part is that they supported it really hard even though players were already leaving. New characters, more monsters, etc..

In fact, I loved this game so much to the point where I was really pissed they went the F2P route and made a rant on the Steam Forums but then realized that this would actually end up bringing more players lol.

Still, they ended up screwing up a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

Ribi

Oct 24, 2017
I'll keep saying this but there's a decent sized community that still plays games on console and PC dm for discord

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
Jan 18, 2012
Warner Bros. Full stop. Don't need a full video for this.

Bumblebeetuna

Jun 23, 2008
Evolve was one of my most played games of last gen. I think I finished #3 or 4 on the WW Goliath win leaderboard. The main problem with the game is that it was extremely difficult for new players. It was marketed in gaming events with five people playing together in close proximity and having a blast but in reality as Hunter you were teamed up with three strangers and if any one of them were bad players then your team was essentially screwed. And matches could take a long time, so it was very frustrating.

Throw in gargantuan numbers of DLC and the snails pace of patches he mentioned, no surprise it crashed. Hell the last time I played it, Goliath still had traversal bugs that had been in the game since the beta.

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
From what I remember, the entire gameplay loop was either being chased for the full match or chasing for the full match. It never felt like you were stalking anyone or using any creativity to accomplish your goals. Everything was based on getting things done as fast as possible.

That concept needed work from the very beginning.