• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Damon wanted Bourne video games to be "more like Myst"

YCoCg

On this week's Hot Ones the guest is Matt Damon and most of it is filled with the usual film and behind the scenes questions however at one point Sean asks a question about the Bourne video games, questioning that if it's true Matt Damon turned down doing them because he wanted them to be "more like Myst", to which confirms and gives some extra details (timestamped below):

As we know in the end The Bourne Conspiracy ended up following in the footsteps of Uncharted and Splinter Cell by being a third person action game with mid to average reviews:

The Fartist

Gold Member
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Myst is one of those games to recommend to somebody who doesn't like the medium. Roger Ebert played it and even though he never completed it, I wouldn't be surprised to know he had some fun with it.

Fbh

From what I remember of the interview it wasn't like he wanted it to be just like Myst, but it was more like he used it as an example when explaining that he didn't want the game to just be pure action and shooting

Last edited:
From what I remember of the interview it wasn't like he wanted it to be just like Myst, but it was more like he used it as an example when explaining that he didn't want the game to just be pure action and shooting
You’d think people would watch the video before blindly dog piling.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
On this week's Hot Ones the guest is Matt Damon and most of it is filled with the usual film and behind the scenes questions however at one point Sean asks a question about the Bourne video games, questioning that if it's true Matt Damon turned down doing them because he wanted them to be "more like Myst", to which confirms and gives some extra details (timestamped below):

As we know in the end The Bourne Conspiracy ended up following in the footsteps of Uncharted and Splinter Cell by being a third person action game with mid to average reviews:

Someone give him a high fiber, long length towel. I never understood this show. The showrunner... I mean... if I start to elaborate the specifics, I'm pretty sure some ppl in the everading muztbe pozzitivv clan would surely commit irreversible acts.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Someone give him a high fiber, long length towel. I never understood this show. The showrunner... I mean... if I start to elaborate the specifics, I'm pretty sure some ppl in the everading muztbe pozzitivv clan would surely commit irreversible acts.
austin powers flash GIF

Top Bottom