• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix Resurrections or Lucy ?

Matrix Resurrections or Lucy ?

• Lucy

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Matrix Resurrections

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Didn't like either.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Liked them both the same.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Remember Lucy kind of being a hate it or love it type of movie and I am kind of getting similar vibes with the new Matrix. I enjoyed both, but I'm wondering if the ones that didn't like the latest matrix also didn't like Lucy so please vote away if you wish !

wondermega

Lucy had problems but was absolutely fun to watch, interesting, and sensible in its dumb way. Also a pretty decent soundtrack at times. I guess i had pretty low expectations, so there was nowhere to go but up! With M4, I likewise had low expectations but was still a bit hopeful. And actually the movie started out pretty decent and was compelling, but it fell apart after a bit (getting Neo out of.. you know). Anyway, Lucy ended up being way more serviceable.

T8SC

Matrix Resurrection is the worst movie I have ever seen.

200.gif

Fbh

Matrix wasn't great but I was mildly entertained the entire time.

Lucy was just terrible in every way. The only redeemable feature was Scarlett Johansson being hot as always.

Marlenus

Lucy actually tries to do something unique even if the story is dumb as hell, whereas the Matrix Regurgitated is the most cynical anti-movie I've ever seen.

Lucy is just Limitless for fighting rather than the stock market / politics.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lucy was a fun movie if you turned your brain off

The new Matrix movie made me want to blow my brains out

ZywyPL

Banned
Lucy is obviously the better one, it starts actually quite good but it's the ending where it falls short with all the dumb stuff going on, whereas the new Natrix starts promising, and then after the first 15min. it goes all the way downhill. Lucy us 80% good 20% bad, Matrix the other way around.

Last edited:

Bold statement but I actually think that was a better movie

I honestly think the new matrix movie was some sort of troll by the director to make them not make another movie….sorta like the last predator movie by Shane black…..that dude could direct but that movie was a fucking shit show

MastaKiiLA

I really enjoyed Lucy, but I also really enjoy Luc Besson's work in general. I enjoy most of his potfolio.

I did not like Matrix. Haven't really liked a Matrix movie since the first. Reloaded was carried heavily by the highway scene, which is still amazing to this day. Revolutions and Resurrections were poor though.

It's like Lana heard that WB wanted to make the film with or without her, and her response was, "If anyone is going to drive this franchise into the ground, it's going to be me." I heard a podcast where someone suggested this would've worked better as a mini-series. I totally agree. They could focus each episode around each of the storylines they wanted to push. And then tie it all together in a finale. The already bloated runtime of this film wasn't nearly enough to fit in everything they wanted. Hopefully we get a Snyder Cut length director's cut to try and salvage some of the story.

Both are pretty bad. But Lucy has ScarJo.

Matrix is bad in a boring, uninteresting, soulless way. A movie can be bad and still be fun. It can still be memorable. Matrix is just a soulless void.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
At least I finished Lucy. Didn't make it past the half way point with the new Matrix movie.

Lucy was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was one of the only 2 times I wanted to walk out of the movie theater. Haven't seen the new matrix movie though

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Lucy was awesome, I liked both the premise and the execution. The finale when she unlocks all of her 'potential' is bonkers. Just don't take the movie too seriously, it's supposed to be fun instead of showing a more likely scientific scenario of what might happen.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Lucy was awesome, I liked both the premise and the execution. The finale when she unlocks all of her 'potential' is bonkers. Just don't take the movie too seriously, it's supposed to be fun instead of showing a more likely scientific scenario of what might happen.

People complaining about how Lucy's plot is unrealistic are the same people complaining that Tony Stark discovering time travel on a random evening after 30 minutes of trying is impossible.

Applying real world logic and science to a movie that is beyond obviously fiction is dumb as fuck. Treat Lucy like a comic book movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom