• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix - PS5 & XSX differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Airbus Jr

Banned
I dont know much about graphics but reading the comments seems like ps5 won here

Edit look at the triggered people above me projecting their frustration to the op voices from this results like thanos said reality is often dissapointing for you guys lol

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol I was laughing at the guy when he kept droning on and on about some silly interiors but the ray tracing concessions made me sit up and take note. Why didnt DF catch this? These look like some pretty simple downgrades that Alex catches pretty quickly when he does his PC vs Console RT reflection comparisons.

From what I understand, king trash is a big Sony fanboy so I am a bit reluctant to believe him but the latter part of the video with the reflections comparison is pretty obvious.

Where is NX Gamer's full comparison?

3liteDragon

lol I was laughing at the guy when he kept droning on and on about some silly interiors but the ray tracing concessions made me sit up and take note. Why didnt DF catch this? These look like some pretty simple downgrades that Alex catches pretty quickly when he does his PC vs Console RT reflection comparisons.

From what I understand, king trash is a big Sony fanboy so I am a bit reluctant to believe him but the latter part of the video with the reflections comparison is pretty obvious.

Where is NX Gamer's full comparison?
He said there will be a part 2 last week but there's no part 2 video on his channel. NXGamer NXGamer

Last edited:

Reallink

In these particular sections it look like Xbox's RT denoiser is worse or bugged, it culls more, and may average a lower dynamic res (though this isn't really visible in a 1080p YT video, and the simulations are dynamic enough these example fly throughs may not necessarily be like for like loads). My question would be does the apparent RT noise on vending machines/chairs/etc... suggest the interiors are actually rendered as RT reflections?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

He said there will be a part 2 last week but there's no part 2 video on his channel. NXGamer NXGamer

So he chose Christmas and his family over us. Unacceptable.
Assets and texture streaming are faster on ps5
The interiors being all blurry and grainy are probably just a bug, and I didnt notice any differences in the fast fly by through the city block. Both were equally bad. The LODs for interiors is undoubtedly better on PS5, but again a minor little detail.

The biggest difference to me are the ray traced reflections disappearing in some scenarios, the shadows not getting ray traced, and sometimes cars missing certain reflections altogether. I highly doubt Coalition was brought in to smudge up the interiors, but the ray traced concessions are probably the biggest changes they made to get it to run at a similar framerate. This explains why they were brought in. I dont know if the xsx wouldve had similar performance without those ray traced reflection changes.

Fredrik

Guy is too biased so I can’t trust anything he says or show but I’ll check myself in a bit and report back.

I already found some texture differences earlier so they’re not as identical as I first thought.
I just discovered a difference 🔍 Cerny delivered yet again!
n5VdsfF.jpg

VXG0kFh.png

Edit: uploaded a less compressed pic

SlimySnake

Guy is too biased so I can’t trust anything he says or show but I’ll check myself in a bit and report back.

I already found some texture differences earlier so they’re not as identical as I first thought.
Coalition Games cant keep getting away with this!!!!

please confirm the ray traced reflections bit. I just dont see how Alex would miss this stuff.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People in this thread have already validted his findings. Seems theres a pretty big difference with the RT and draw distance.

Validated ?

Where ?

I see one picture with a different sewer grate texture .. please tell me that's not what you're talking about ..

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The framerate is better on PS5 too, I have both consoles and have been switching between the two and I have thought the PS5 is just better in fps and I thought it looked a bit better but I could not determine why, so this makes sense.

Well its could be because of 3 reasons

1. PS5 UE5 is more optimized

or

2. PS5's API/dev environment is better at UE5

or

3. PS5's hardware is better at UE5

or a combination of these.

Whichever reason you push shows your bias. Like the guy in this video 😆

SlimySnake

The framerate is better on PS5 too, I have both consoles and have been switching between the two and I have thought the PS5 is just better in fps and I thought it looked a bit better but I could not determine why, so this makes sense.

Well its could be because of 3 reasons

1. PS5 UE5 is more optimized

or

2. PS5's API/dev environment is better at UE5

or

3. PS5's hardware is better at UE5

or a combination of these.

Whichever reason you push shows your bias. Like the guy in this video 😆
Seeing as how Coalition were brought in to optimize this demo for the xbox series consoles, the answer is that it's all three. I didnt see GG devs or Team Ice devs at Naughty Dog coming in to take full advantage of the PS5 I/O or offloading audio tasks to the dedicated audio CU or even taking full advantage of the higher clocks and all the GPU enhancements that come with it. So if this is the result after MS's most technically advanced studios had a crack at the demo then it's fair to see that the PS5 UE5 is more optimized, the APIs favor the PS5 and the overall PS5 architecture simply favors this type of tech demo.

The XSX is better at other game engines like Doom, Metro and Hitman so it could just be an engine thing. It will be interesting to see this demo run on other RDNA 2 cards like the 6600xt and 6700xt. Or even the 20 tflops 6800xt because that GPU should offer 2x more performance at the same resolution and settings.

That should help us determine whether the PS5 is pushing above its tflops or if the xsx is underperforming. if the 6700xt is roughly 10% within the xsx we can say the xsx isnt underperforming at all, and that this engine simply favors the PS5 architecture.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Seeing as how Coalition were brought in to optimize this demo for the xbox series consoles, the answer is that it's all three. I didnt see GG devs or Team Ice devs at Naughty Dog coming in to take full advantage of the PS5 I/O or offloading audio tasks to the dedicated audio CU or even taking full advantage of the higher clocks and all the GPU enhancements that come with it. So if this is the result after MS's most technically advanced studios had a crack at the demo then it's fair to see that the PS5 UE5 is more optimized, the APIs favor the PS5 and the overall PS5 architecture simply favors this type of tech demo.

The XSX is better at other game engines like Doom, Metro and Hitman so it could just be an engine thing. It will be interesting to see this demo run on other RDNA 2 cards like the 6600xt and 6700xt. Or even the 20 tflops 6800xt because that GPU should offer 2x more performance at the same resolution and settings.

That should help us determine whether the PS5 is pushing above its tflops or if the xsx is underperforming. if the 6700xt is roughly 10% within the xsx we can say the xsx isnt underperforming at all, and that this engine simply favors the PS5 architecture.

I honestly dont know how you arrived at the speculation that the PS5 hardware is more suited to this demo?

Theres factually no evidence suggesting this. Theres no evidence supporting anything really, just tales from the ass.

Last edited:

Neo_game

It was a tough watch but I did it for some reason. In actual games the difference should not be much between the console as we have seen so far but you would expect SX chip being approximately 20% bigger should do a better in a tech demo. I guess the only reason for PS5 having less bugs is that it is easier to code and good for devs. Personally I am not big fan of scaling gfx settings and I think PS5 also has this advantage.

KingThrash is a known Sony console warrior fanboy, he's in tons of Twitter spaces starting console wars drama and infamously got blasted by several channels for stupidly critiquing Forza Horizon 5 despite only playing 4% into the game.

In other words, he's not remotely worth taking seriously and is basically a clown circus of a channel at this point. Which is sad in a way, because they used to do some good content way earlier in the year. But..something happened, I don't know what, and he just went full consoletard. His channel's pretty much as bad as BigManGamers, or Crapgamer as another example (though he's been making some hard pivots back-and-forth between Sony clickbait and Microsoft clickbait).

Digital Foundry have already disproven any "analysis" KingClown could have possibly conjured. Regardless, content like this is appreciated in a way, it's great stuff to laugh at.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Coalition Games cant keep getting away with this!!!!

please confirm the ray traced reflections bit. I just dont see how Alex would miss this stuff.
Are you sure you don't se a reason why Alex would miss this?
Because there seems to be a recurring pattern there.I mean at least now he is acknoweldging that the ps5 can do RT and can even point it out in games running on ps5.A few months back he couldn't in spiderman MM nor in Ratchet, even though people pointed to him how SSR couldn't work.Honestly I'm fine with Digital foundry but Alex not really and there are a lot of examples or even worse examples on Reeeeee.Maybe just stick him to PC games analysis on that he is good but not on comparisons.

Edit: Sure kingtrash is a total console warrior but in another way he is far to be the only one noticing weird analysis by Alex.Once again I specifically talk about alex, the other members of DF sure might have a bias toward a console or another but manages to keep those bias in check during analysis.So yeah kingtrash is not the best source especially for anything Xbox related.But some people are noticing a better picture quality on ps5, even in this thread and by people that aren't console warriors.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

KingThrash is a known Sony console warrior fanboy, he's in tons of Twitter spaces starting console wars drama and infamously got blasted by several channels for stupidly critiquing Forza Horizon 5 despite only playing 4% into the game.

In other words, he's not remotely worth taking seriously and is basically a clown circus of a channel at this point. Which is sad in a way, because they used to do some good content way earlier in the year. But..something happened, I don't know what, and he just went full consoletard. His channel's pretty much as bad as BigManGamers, or Crapgamer as another example (though he's been making some hard pivots back-and-forth between Sony clickbait and Microsoft clickbait).

Digital Foundry have already disproven any "analysis" KingClown could have possibly conjured. Regardless, content like this is appreciated in a way, it's great stuff to laugh at.

I have not checked out the RT stuff yet, but after hrs of comparing the PS5 version does have a noticeably better fps then the XsX.

Its a shame DF didnt do and fps comparing when zipping around the city at fast drone mode.

MistBreeze

I dont know why people waste their time on these things
I played the demo on both and to me there are no differences whatsoever between the two

maybe slightly better fps on ps5 I feel

unless u are pixel counting u will notice no different between the two consoles on most games

Last edited:

Fahdis

Wait... Console Wars are still a thing? Why? Not like any of you will have a better or worse experience from a missing shadow or reflection or botched texture... this is getting ridiculous...

... *plays every game on Ultra on PC*

SlimySnake

It was a tough watch but I did it for some reason. In actual games the difference should not be much between the console as we have seen so far but you would expect SX chip being approximately 20% bigger should do a better in a tech demo. I guess the only reason for PS5 having less bugs is that it is easier to code and good for devs. Personally I am not big fan of scaling gfx settings and I think PS5 also has this advantage.
Yep. Extremely tough watch. I skipped through a lot of it because I just hate the way he speaks. Fanboyism dripping from his every word.

I dont think there are fewer bugs in the PS5 version because the PS5 is easier to code for because when buggy multiplatform games like BF and COD ship they have the same bugs on both consoles. One of the coalition devs had stated that the optmizations they added for motion blur made it to the PS5 engine as well because this thing basically runs on one engine and should be the same. If there are bugs or differences, they probably have to do with whatever gfx settings coalition made to improve performance in the xsx and xss.

Dr Bass

Ad hominem.

Are you claiming the video captures to be fake?

If you think what he is showing should be dismissed out of hand because he likes the PS platform, are you going to approach others that favor Xbox in the same manner? Should people treat your posts that way?

From what I’ve seen he’s pointing out obvious things that DF either misses or chooses not to show. Why would DF do that, and continually in one predictable direction? Kinda lame if you’re supposed to be an analysis site.

So yeah. Can someone tell me what’s not accurate about the video then? Seemed like some pretty big differences not shown by other sources.

I have not checked out the RT stuff yet, but after hrs of comparing the PS5 version does have a noticeably better fps then the XsX.

Its a shame DF didnt do and fps comparing when zipping around the city at fast drone mode.
IIRC the framerate difference happens during some of the vehicular crashes. There were some other comparison videos I saw where that was noticeable.

As to why that may be the case? Well, it could be any number of reasons. The vehicle crashes have a lot of geometry transformations going on, and particles flying....going by on-paper info we know PS5 has an advantage in both areas (8.92 Gtri rast/sec vs. 7.6 Gtri rast/sec, 142.7 Gpixels/sec vs. 116 Gpixels/s), so even assuming optimizations are similar (chances are the demo is whatever slightly more optimized for PS5), there's more overhead on PS5 to handle slightly higher volumes of both without additional optimizations. Granted, that's also assuming those parts of the demo are not using mesh shading or primitive shaders; IIRC the tech breakdown did list some form of meshes used in selective areas.

So yeah, it is a possibility that some of PS5's hardware strengths are helping it in the demo, if you take the above and also consider things like the faster GPU clock, the cache scrubbers, the "unified" memory (Series isn't using "true" non-unified memories i.e like PS3, PS2, Saturn, Gamecube etc.). However, and this is something channels like KingThrash never take into consideration, it's also possible the differences could be down to current UE5 builds playing nicer with Sony's APIs, or the Warner Bros. team that led development on the demo giving some priority to the PS5 version of the build. Those are just as probable as any explanations centering on technology advantages/disadvantages, basically meaning that leading with one or the other as if that's the definitive reason is pointless.

All that said, there's no chance in hell I'm entertaining any serious "analysis" from a channel like KingThrash, because I've seen their other "analysis" and every single one of them has a very strong slant towards PlayStation, in ways that are contorted which only a fanboy would do. He does podcasts too where he and his panel routinely nitpick the absolute smallest issues surrounding Xbox and exaggerate them as if they are critical failures, meanwhile glossing over or ignoring even some of the smaller, milder missteps/choices of Sony or quickly mentioning them before moving on.

His content is just way too negatively biased towards Xbox in general to consider his opinions on this type of stuff with any serious weight. That's why I said earlier his stuff is a clown circus, and they've basically squandered any chance of having legitimate credibility as a legit game analyst, technical or otherwise. And again, Digital Foundry have pointed out that at least a decent bit of graphical differences come from data load randomness; there are points in like-for-like scenes where PS5 is missing textures or geometry details on objects compared to Series X, does that suddenly mean the PS5 has hardware deficiencies?

If you think what he is showing should be dismissed out of hand because he likes the PS platform, are you going to approach others that favor Xbox in the same manner? Should people treat your posts that way?

King Thrash's problem isn't about preferring PlayStation, it's that he has a vehemently negative bias against Xbox. If you've seen any of his other content you'd know this, the guy is a known shit-stirrer in Twitter spaces that are nothing but console war drama. He got blown out for disingenuous takes on Forza Horizon 5 despite only having 4% into the game, and that's just one example.

The intent behind his analysis like this one are pretty clear: to prop up PlayStation, and attack Xbox. That's going way beyond just having a healthy preference; channels like Mystic have a PlayStation preference but they are very tasteful about it and don't use it to negatively attack other platforms. There are PlayStation channels like MarlonGamingNation that are maybe a bit more..."hyper"...in some takes, but they are a lot more level-headed towards Xbox than KingThrash despite having a PlayStation preference.

So hopefully, that should be good indicator for why "analysis" from this channel in particular (tho it's not the only one of its ilk) should be regarded as a joke. And yes, if there were hyper Xbox fanboy channels trying to pass along disingenuous "analysis" that essentially boiled down to dragging down PlayStation to prop up Xbox, I'd call them out too. However there aren't very many that I know of which do that type of thing (I'm sure they exist, though).

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I dont know why people waste their time on these things
I played the demo on both and to me there are no differences whatsoever between the two

unless u are pixel counting u will notice no different between the two consoles on most games
This shit goes back three years of discussions, arguments, predictions and warring. First the PS5 was rumored to be more powerful by people like Andrew Reiner and Colin Moriarity. That convinced the PS fanbase that the PS5 would have more tflops. Then the github leaks convinced the MS fanbase that PS5 was a 8-9 tflops console. Then MS came out with the 12 tflops figure and Sony with a variable 10 tflops figure and the argument shifted again. This time advantage MS.

Then people dug through Cerny's disastrous conference and found that there is probably some truth to his damage control. That started almost a year of arguments where tflops were shunned by team Sony, and the I/O and higher clocks were dismissed by team MS. A lot of bans, even more warnings and insults led to this moment. If only people were more gracious and admitted there was a slight possibility cerny was right, maybe every thread wouldnt devolve into this mess.

A measured approach to such discussions would not have created this culture of serving crow, and counting wins but I am definitely not surprised that this forums' most popular thread (The Next gen speculation thread) has some unresolved trauma that spills out into these threads. Doubt that it would end because I am pretty sure we will see Xbox continue to win face/offs in the future.

Thief1987

His content is just way too negatively biased towards Xbox in general to consider his opinions on this type of stuff with any serious weight.
Distance yourself from his comments, i know they can be pretty cringe, and try to look at what is showed objectively. Yeah these differences are negligible if you don't look for them, and 99% won't see them, but we are talking about what each of consoles is processing here, not about how much visible these differences are.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Since there isn’t a PC version yet for some reason I have been wondering which console is best to experience this on.

PS5? This source seems pretty lame.

Despite all the fanboyism and how he talking differences are here and no one have pointed on them.
I personally think that all the differences are comes from simple fact that developers don't have enough time to polish ether version. (or squeeze more from ether console's strong points)

Dr Bass

IIRC the framerate difference happens during some of the vehicular crashes. There were some other comparison videos I saw where that was noticeable.

As to why that may be the case? Well, it could be any number of reasons. The vehicle crashes have a lot of geometry transformations going on, and particles flying....going by on-paper info we know PS5 has an advantage in both areas (8.92 Gtri rast/sec vs. 7.6 Gtri rast/sec, 142.7 Gpixels/sec vs. 116 Gpixels/s), so even assuming optimizations are similar (chances are the demo is whatever slightly more optimized for PS5), there's more overhead on PS5 to handle slightly higher volumes of both without additional optimizations. Granted, that's also assuming those parts of the demo are not using mesh shading or primitive shaders; IIRC the tech breakdown did list some form of meshes used in selective areas.

So yeah, it is a possibility that some of PS5's hardware strengths are helping it in the demo, if you take the above and also consider things like the faster GPU clock, the cache scrubbers, the "unified" memory (Series isn't using "true" non-unified memories i.e like PS3, PS2, Saturn, Gamecube etc.). However, and this is something channels like KingThrash never take into consideration, it's also possible the differences could be down to current UE5 builds playing nicer with Sony's APIs, or the Warner Bros. team that led development on the demo giving some priority to the PS5 version of the build. Those are just as probable as any explanations centering on technology advantages/disadvantages, basically meaning that leading with one or the other as if that's the definitive reason is pointless.

All that said, there's no chance in hell I'm entertaining any serious "analysis" from a channel like KingThrash, because I've seen their other "analysis" and every single one of them has a very strong slant towards PlayStation, in ways that are contorted which only a fanboy would do. He does podcasts too where he and his panel routinely nitpick the absolute smallest issues surrounding Xbox and exaggerate them as if they are critical failures, meanwhile glossing over or ignoring even some of the smaller, milder missteps/choices of Sony or quickly mentioning them before moving on.

His content is just way too negatively biased towards Xbox in general to consider his opinions on this type of stuff with any serious weight. That's why I said earlier his stuff is a clown circus, and they've basically squandered any chance of having legitimate credibility as a legit game analyst, technical or otherwise. And again, Digital Foundry have pointed out that at least a decent bit of graphical differences come from data load randomness; there are points in like-for-like scenes where PS5 is missing textures or geometry details on objects compared to Series X, does that suddenly mean the PS5 has hardware deficiencies?

King Thrash's problem isn't about preferring PlayStation, it's that he has a vehemently negative bias against Xbox. If you've seen any of his other content you'd know this, the guy is a known shit-stirrer in Twitter spaces that are nothing but console war drama. He got blown out for disingenuous takes on Forza Horizon 5 despite only having 4% into the game, and that's just one example.

The intent behind his analysis like this one are pretty clear: to prop up PlayStation, and attack Xbox. That's going way beyond just having a healthy preference; channels like Mystic have a PlayStation preference but they are very tasteful about it and don't use it to negatively attack other platforms. There are PlayStation channels like MarlonGamingNation that are maybe a bit more..."hyper"...in some takes, but they are a lot more level-headed towards Xbox than KingThrash despite having a PlayStation preference.

So hopefully, that should be good indicator for why "analysis" from this channel in particular (tho it's not the only one of its ilk) should be regarded as a joke. And yes, if there were hyper Xbox fanboy channels trying to pass along disingenuous "analysis" that essentially boiled down to dragging down PlayStation to prop up Xbox, I'd call them out too. However there aren't very many that I know of which do that type of thing (I'm sure they exist, though).
To respond to what I bolded ... I just watched more of the video. So the guy ... you know ... has an Xbox apparently. A series X. He buys something he hates? That makes no sense to me. The way the video comes across to me, is merely pointing out some of the clear differences between the versions. And yeah he does call out stuff happening on the Xbox side but ...

Are you telling us to "not trust our lying eyes"?

I don't get into Twitter console war stuff. Don't even know what goes on there. Don't care either. What people do for fun is their business. But you're still claiming to not trust video evidence because you don't like the fact he prefers PlayStation. How are his comparisons propping up PS vs Xbox in these cases? I saw direct comparison after comparison, directly captured from both consoles in the exact same locations and the differences were, for the most part, pretty stark. Now there are obviously reasons for that. Not sure what they are really. Engine better suited for PS5 architecture? Something else? I don't know. But thats the way this demo shakes out.

The fact that Digital Foundry does not point out these obvious platform differences is weird.

You know, we've had several games that perform better on Xbox. And when that happens we get to see some people "gloating" for whatever reason. DJ Khaled gifs and all that stuff. Then this demo comes out, clearly runs better on PS. More detail, higher frame rate, better lighting, shadows and ray tracing. It's there for anyone to see. But your argument against the result is that the guy showing us is an obvious PlayStation fan. That's your reasoning? Are you saying that the video evidence lies? I don't get it.

SlimySnake

I personally think that all the differences are comes from simple fact that developers don't have enough time to polish ether version. (or squeeze more from ether console's strong points)
On the Contrary, Coalition Games were brought in specifically to help optimize, polish and squeeze out more from both the xsx and xss consoles.

If anything it's the PS5 version that received no console specific optimizations other than whatever Epic's engineers did to get the game running at 1080p with TSR going up to 4k.

Distance yourself from his comments, i know they can be pretty cringe, and try to look at what is showed objectively. Yeah these differences are negligible if you don't look for them, and 99% won't see them, but we are talking about what each of console is processing here, not about how much visible these differences are.

No thanks; sorry to say but one's reputation matters and he's made one off of console warring. So anything he brings up when it comes to these comparisons, IMO, is tinged with that energy, meaning it's going to be very difficult to have a legitimate conversation if referencing his stuff as the source. That's just how it is and they've made it that way.

And just for myself, there's nothing new being shed light on here. If it's performing slightly better in areas on PS5, then take your pick between the faster GPU clock, the fully-unified memory, the cache scrubbers, the higher pixel fillrate or the higher culling and triangle rasterization rate. It could be one or any mixture of those. If it's down to anything besides technical differences, take your pick between UE5 builds working better with Sony's APIs, or the team building the demo prioritizing the PS5 version as the base, which could involve more team members optimizing the PS5 version or that version having more time in development.

Fact is no one can pinpoint any one of those reasons as being the reason, and all those reasons will be equally plausible in any instance of a PS5 game performing better than a Series X game. Or, if the inverse, you can swap out some of those with Series X-specific ones like higher effective GPU RAM bandwidth, or higher texel/texture fillrate, or more CUs for GPGPU parallelized compute. If all potential factors have the exact same probability, then we're essentially spinning in circles and not isolating any specific one, and we're not helped in that regard using compromised console warrior fanboy channel content as a source in analysis.

On the Contrary, Coalition Games were brought in specifically to help optimize, polish and squeeze out more from both the xsx and xss consoles.

If anything it's the PS5 version that received no console specific optimizations other than whatever Epic's engineers did to get the game running at 1080p with TSR going up to 4k.

The Coalition were brought in to help with engine-related optimizations that were then forked over into the working build benefiting Xbox and PlayStation consoles. This has already been confirmed.

People are taking "console specific optimizations" in the wrong context here.

Dr Bass Dr Bass Who cares if he has an Xbox? That doesn't invalidate him being a console warrior fanboy that focuses his content on trashing Xbox to prop up PlayStation. Maybe this is the first time you've seen his content, but I've seen his stuff over the past year or so and the quality of his stuff has just gotten worst and worst the more he's pandered to fanboyism in the community.

I've seen comparisons for myself and also looked at real websites with actual credibility when it comes to technical analysis, and from both what I've seen and what they've mentioned, there are effectively no differences in detail, geometry etc. between the two platforms. And what you won't get from channels like Thrash's are the moments pointed in some of those other comparisons, where PS5 is lacking details or has lower-LOD models in like-for-like moments compared to Series X, because there are points where that is the case.

Which of course you won't, because as has already been established, King Thrash is Sony fanboy and console warrior...and just happening to own an Xbox doesn't change that.

Keep up the good work Kingthrash Kingthrash

Oh this is glorious, I didn't know they had an account here xD. It'd be fun if he's up for a real debate in the thread, I'm game.

Last edited:

clintar

So you don't answer the question and just say he has bias, again. His opinions are one thing. The things presented are another. Are they not factual?

SlimySnake

The Coalition were brought in to help with engine-related optimizations that were then forked over into the working build benefiting Xbox and PlayStation consoles. This has already been confirmed.

People are taking "console specific optimizations" in the wrong context here.
So what exactly did the team at The Coalition do? A primary focus for them was on memory and performance optimizations to fully take advantage of both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Because the experience features an incredibly large and dense world with a staggering amount of content, the first step was working on memory optimization. In that area, they worked with Epic to ensure the assets in the demo were set up to fully leverage virtual texture streaming and nanite wherever possible and tuned internal memory systems, especially on Xbox Series S, to ensure it all fit in the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom