• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of Overhyping Keighley says to "Manage expectations" of Summer Game Fest

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
"This isn't the game awards" as a barometer for big announcements?

Eeeeeeffff.

But hey, I guess LOL that E3 is dead, amirite? For reasons nobody quite knows, some celebrate E3s demise.

Meanwhile, who has put up a worthwhile showcase since e3? Seriously.

Think about E3 over the last 15 years, how much some of those shows had... and then think about any showcase since then that the big 3 have done, and how incredibly neutered they are in comparison.

Let's just admit that this year won't have a lot more besides 2 or 3 huge releases and that's it.

Nintendo isn't included on his Summer Game Fest, Sony will probably have nothing until September (if there's even a show in September) and MS won't be announcing anything coming out any time soon.

This is the perfect year to look at out backlogs and "take care" of them. The first few months were great but now we're going through a drought for sure.

Ok?
If it's mostly about already announced stuff then just give me gameplay for Callisto Protocol, Space Marine 2 and re-reveal of Hollow Knight Silksong.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Yet he still can't help himself....this is why this dude gets on my nerves so much

JWo3GRB.jpg

Stuart360

Geoff did a Twitch stream the other day, promoting this, and he looked poitively depressed lol.
Yeah dont expect too much.

At the same time, he is not one making the games so he can't be held accountable for the lack of big announcements. Since he produces this show and wants viewers/ad revenue and whatnot he isn't going to say "sorry! everything will suck this time around because of fucking covid".

I actually applaud this glimpse of transparency....presuming he isn't lying.

Is this some kinda reverse psychology?
He usually hypes stuff up and it's nothing...🤔

It could be but honestly I’m not surprised if what he says is true.

I’m not expecting much new announcements at Xbox showcase, we have yet to see gameplay of a lot of games already announced so they hopefully remedy some of that. Maybe this rumoured Gears collection but that’s it.

SilentUser

It is better to surprise everyone one than it is to disappoint. Whenever I watch any gaming event, I try to be neutral towards it and be surprised with what they have. It usually works well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Objectively, if there was enough product to show to be equivalent to an E3, then E3 would still be happening!

That its not happening... draw the obvious conclusion...

anthony2690

Banned
That's what Sony said for their SoP which usually are nothing, but showed up with Resident Evil 4 Remake, Street Fighter 6 and Final Fantasy XVI.
Maybe they realised, lower people's expectations and then blow them.

Despite the show being really short and I see warriors arguing that they just showed off a bunch of third parties and ff16. (I think it is genuinely sad that people wanted to use it for console warrior nonsense, rather than be excited about what they can play)

I thought the show was excellent myself, and I am mega excited for Street fighter 6 and resident evil 4, small show and a handful off games I really really want to play, can't complain.

2023 is going to be insane!

Hopefully summer game fest turns out great too. :)

H4ze

He is a non-man. People here put way too much attention to anything he says.
Seems like you don't know much about him. He has a lot of passion for video games and what he does, I prefer that over random forum trash talkers. Calling someone a non-man, for what reason, jesus christ

CosmicComet

So I guess that means a bomb ass Ragnarok trailer where they quietly reveal the March 2023 release date in very tiny font at the end of trailer.

game of thrones agree GIF

jaysius

Banned
Everyone here hoping for Ragnarok(maybe unlikely) and here I am just wanting a sliver of Hollow Knight: Silksong news.

Arrested Development Tobias GIF
the lord of the rings pippin GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

GHound

Y'know on second thought people are going pretty over the top with their speculation on what's going to show up.

Three Silent Hill games, Dragon's Dogma 2, Monster Hunter 6, Dino Crisis Remake, five KojiPro project announcements, FF7R-2, Elden Ring DLC, Chrono Trigger Remake, MGS3 Remake, Bloodborne 2, SOCOM 5, GTA 6, The Witcher 4, new Bungie IP...

Yeah, if I saw things like that floating around the internet I'd be trying to slow people down too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think he’s just trying to point out that people liked his show last year, not for new reveals, but for a look at a known game.

Elden Ring had been announced years earlier.

Like God of War Ragnarok is an announced game.
Kung Fu Fighting GIF

Already announced games? Can't rule out spider-man 2 or Wolverine then.
Seeing how they did the little PC announcement for Spider-Man in the SOP last week, I would not be shocked they show more of the sequel for the PS5 right after in this Fest.

Last edited:

ShaikhCroft

There's tons of announced games that we haven’t seen any gameplay of yet. To name some of them:
Starfield
Redfall
Perfect Dark
Fable
Indiana Jones
Contraband
The Outer Worlds 2
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Call of Duty: WW2
Alan Wake 2
State of Decay 3
Project Mara
The Elder Scrolls VI

And the list goes on!

kyliethicc

Already announced games? Can't rule out spider-man 2 or Wolverine then.
I think those will be saved for their next showcase.

God of War however might released around the same time as their next show (September) and thus needs to be given a release date sooner.

Like Horizon was dated at Geoff’s August show last year, and then was not at Sony’s showcase in September 2021.

I think those will be saved for their next showcase.

God of War however might released around the same time as their next show (September) and thus needs to be given a release date sooner.

Like Horizon was dated at Geoff’s August show last year, and then was not at Sony’s showcase in September 2021.

I think ragnarok is a lock for this show, like how they did last year for horizon forbidden west. A short trailer with a release date.

Top Bottom