• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of Overhyping Keighley says to "Manage expectations" of Summer Game Fest

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Says that Summer Games Fest will mainly be about already announced titles. The hypemaster is getting ahead of things so we're all prepared ahead of time for a show full of Indie titles. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

"He added: “So we’re doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you’re expecting. This is not The Game Awards. We’ve got lots of good stuff to show you but buyer beware of some of the crazy rumors I’m seeing out there in terms of things people expect to get announced.”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...will-be-primarily-focused-on-announced-games/

geoff-keighley-1280x717.jpg

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Says that Summer Games Fest will mainly be about already announced titles. The hypemaster is getting ahead of things so we're all prepared ahead of time for a show full of Indie titles. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

"He added: “So we’re doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you’re expecting. This is not The Game Awards. We’ve got lots of good stuff to show you but buyer beware of some of the crazy rumors I’m seeing out there in terms of things people expect to get announced.”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...will-be-primarily-focused-on-announced-games/

geoff-keighley-1280x717.jpg
Oh damn. Okay. :( Not what I expected but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Fbh

If the master of overhyping shitty events is telling us to manage our expectations you already know the event is going to be really bad.

usually he is overhyping his shows, if he's tempering expectation already that probably means there really won't be much exciting stuff announced

Dude talks about "amazing reveals" when he has shit like Fall Guys dlc to show

So if he is underhyping this it must be truly terrible.

Last edited:

Velcro Fly

I'd rather have new info on announced games than tons of "world premieres" like at the game awards and most of them turn out to be nothing.

MiguelItUp

Wow, is this the first time he's actually said that? I wonder if it's a bluff? I don't trust Dorito Pope.

That being said, my expectations have been reserved for years now, and it's the best approach. But I swear even when my expectations are extremely low or completely absent, I'm somehow still disappointed, lmao.

YukiOnna

He's been saying that a good couple of times now and elaborated how people keep expecting an Elden Ring tier showing or the Game Awards, but it likely won't happen due to the game industry circumstances.

Won't bother me though, I'm sure it'll be a fun show like always.

2022 has been and will go down in history as a shite year for gaming...outside of gotg Elden Ring.
It depends on where you play.
I do think this fall will go down as one of the most uneventful ones. If God of War Ragnarok comes out this year, it'll be carried by this release and even more by Call of Duty and that's it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
When the master of hype says "manage your expectations" it's very ominous. My guess is it will be a bad indie game fest.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
good to know, no megaton, nothing exciting

just more of what we know. Like i will get to see more on Modern warfare 2, but we already know that exists.

Guess we will have to wait for Xbox showcase then

Ozriel

M$FT
Imagine signing deals to bring Summer Games Fest to theaters and now managing expectations at this stage.

Top Bottom