• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master Chief's creator Marcus Lehto shows off unused Halo guns and more from the 2000 Halo PC build

the_master

This is great. I love the enemies as well.
Thanks for sharing!
I hope they add giant flood in infinite :)

Also, the yellow forerunner interiors make them feel more exotic (not talking about Delta Halo from Halo 2, those where just ruins and I thought they looked lame)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
turning the game into an FPS was the right decision.

Amazing to hear how many sounds they had already back then that they'd recycle years later. Those sniper rifle sounds are embedded in my mind so clearly. I have magazines from around that time showing it off, and remember watching all the trailers and demos they showed off before finally unveiling the Xbox version and the same was such a mystery. In retrospect it was all down to a tumultuous development cycle with lots of changes to target platform and overall design decisions. But I'm happy with the way Halo turned out, at least the first one. It feels like the perfect blend between these early 'dreamer' esque concepts and a finished shippable product. Thanks for the links.

Top Bottom