• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive overhaul of Division 2 loot system incoming (Loot 2.0)

cormack12

Gold Member
These changes are in response to the community and data from the last year. The announcements will be split over the next three SOTG. The first of these is below. The OT is here. I can see this really rejuvenating the game, and pleasing those who are stuck at the convoluted end game while also catering to those who liked Div 1.

These changes will be coming around June, AFTER Episode 3 which drops in February, but in time for the new raid.

Summary of changes announced in first SOTG:
  • "Players complain: too much RNG"
  • "Resulting in player spending too much time in inventory"
  • "3-pronged approach to fix it: gear system, recalibration, skill power"
  • "We will only talk about gear system on this SotG, the other 2 is next week"
  • "New things to get, new things to play, new power cap"
  • "New gear system: Intuitive, deep, satisfying"
  • "Everything we show today is work in progress"
  • "No more budget system: All stats can roll to max, satisfying to progress"
  • "New brand bonus"
  • "Gila brand bonus is 5% total armor, 8% health, and +10% armor/s regen"
  • "Murakami bonus is 10% skill duration, 10% repair skill, and 10% skill damage"
  • "Sokolov bonus is 10% SMG damage, 15% crit damage, and 10% crit chance"
  • "Providence bonus is 5% weapon damage, 10% crit chance, crit damage 15%"
  • "Fenris bonus is 10% AR damage, 10% reload speed, 10% stability"
  • "Added core attribute system: % Weapon damage, Skill tier, or armor"
  • "We'll talk about skill tier next week"
  • "Bonus quality indicators: how good is the roll and shows max value".
  • "Shows max value regardless of brand type"
  • "Talent is build-defining: No requirement, amplifies stats on gear"
  • "Talent will only be in chest, backpack, weapon, and exotic gear"
  • "New in-development talents:"
  • "Leadership: Moving cover to cover gives 20% bonus armor to allies"
  • "Companion: If you're close to ally, total weapon damage increase by 15%"
  • "Empathic Resolve: When you repair ally, increase their weapon and skill damage by 20%"
  • "Glass Cannon: +25% weapon damage at the cost of taking 50% more damage"
  • "Obliterate: Each crit hit increase weapon damage by 1%, up to 15%"
  • "We will convert your old gear"
  • "Every exotics have been revisited to fit the new gear system"
  • "Gear sets: reworked, more fun, more powerful, new 2,3,4 piece bonus"
  • "Hard-wired: 2-bonus: skill haste, 3-bonus: repair skill, skill damage, 4-bonus: damage loop talent"
  • "Chest and back piece have gearset enhancing talent" Basically the talent there will always enhance the gearset bonus
  • "Loot will drop less, but will be more interesting"
  • "Damage on weapon will have quality indicator too"
  • "DAMAGE TO ELITE STAT IS GONE"
  • "DTE stat in your gear will be converted to other stat"
  • "No Damage to Armor stat"
  • "These changes are not coming in episode 3, but an update after that"
  • "New weapons"
ENxjIqFWkAELQkF.jpg

AnPDrRL.jpg

EPISODE 3 IS COMING
  • Episode 3 will be free for all players when it arrives in February.
  • There will be no Public Test Server rounds for Episode 3, as there are no balance changes that need to be tested.
  • Episode 3 adds a new area, New York’s Coney Island.
  • The Cleaners, a New York faction from the first The Division, will return.
  • Two new main missions
  • Two classified assignments
  • One Specialization, which will be revealed at a later date.
  • A new Exotic, the Kameleon, an SMG that changes colors to match your surroundings.
  • Year One Pass provides access to the Classified Assignments and instantly unlocks the new Specialization.

I loved the first game and put hundreds of hours into it via world events and the underground, but the second was a step back in too many ways to hold my attention, much like destiny.

Devs seem to try too hard to make a game that's very different when all they need to do is release something that's more like a 1.5 rather than a 2.0.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Played the shit out of the first, but the second? I didn’t even get to a dark zone... and I even had this free with my GPU. So that’s the X version and the PC version, and I’ve hardly touched them...

Which is stupid because I LOVED the first?

Something went wrong big time.

ZehDon

I think The Div 2 actually started in a better place than The Div 1, but ultimately, Div 1's setting carried the experience much, much further than Div 2's. I actually really enjoyed the 15-20 hours I put into the sequel - but it just didn't have that necessary glue to keep my coming back. Hopefully these changes are the start of changing that. Looking forward to jumping back in!

June? Lol, so we have to wait another 6 months for those changes? Fuck those guys. Stopped playing this game months ago, because end game and gearing sucked. Worst dev ever. People told them what was wrong with 1, first they ignored because they "knew better" and then they fixed it after backlash. Same thing is happening now. First they ignore and now when players are leaving the game they promise fixes.

R4ZOR

Neo Member
Well, it felt like Division 1 reskin. Don’t know how anyone played 2 and thought it’s different

I know, just found it funny that two completely opposing opinions (too much of the same and too different) were one next to another :D

Ohhh maaa Gawd !!! Coney Island !! ❤Home ❤

Kinna Shocked they chose New Yorks iconic beach side..I'm just blocks away.
It's out now!
June? Lol, so we have to wait another 6 months for those changes? Fuck those guys. Stopped playing this game months ago, because end game and gearing sucked. Worst dev ever. People told them what was wrong with 1, first they ignored because they "knew better" and then they fixed it after backlash. Same thing is happening now. First they ignore and now when players are leaving the game they promise fixes.
March 3.

Top Bottom