• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

BLASTER MASTER ZERO MARCH 9TH?!?!?

lU1Rewa.jpg

Damn, there are so many games in that list that are either for sure buys or games that I'm interested in.
We're even getting a new Blaster Master! :eek:)

I haven't even looked into all of them yet, but at first glance I know I probably want:
-Blaster Master Zero
-RIME
-Zombie Vikings
-Mr. Shifty
-Thumper
-RIVE
-Enter the Gungeon
-Cave Story
-Graceful Explosion Machine
-Pocket Rumble
-SteamWorld Dig 2
-Runner 3
-Kingdom Two Crowns
-Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
-The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +
-The Escapists 2
-Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
-Fast RMX
-Flipping Death
-Snake Pass
-Stardew Valley
-Celeste
-Hollow Knight
-Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
-WonderBoy and the Dragon's Trap
-Shakedown Hawaii
-Gonner
-Overcooked!
-Wargroove

Close to all of them... I am not sure how my wallet is going to survive this.

ITSMILNER

I hope Nintendo continue with these Nindie showcases in the future! Great presentation and I can wait to download many of these

jariw

Has this list of indies changed your mind about some of the more indie-like 3rd party games, like Super Bomberman R and Puyo Puyo Tetris?

Only gripe I have is that too many of the games shown in the Nintendo direct were the kind of retro 8-bit looking, or even atari looking, games.

Of course, in games like shovel knight this is completely fitting but I wish some of these other games would've gone for something a bit more aching to the 16-bit era with more detailed sprite work. I guess that's probably difficult for some of these devs as its probably going to take much more time and effort but it would be nice.

Like I was watching this presentation on my TV at 1080p and some of these games looked way to pixely for the screen size. They will surely be perfect for the switch in portable mode though. But then again, I need a dpad for that!

Surprisingly solid presentation imo.

Now all we need is

a) decent prices
b) more ambitious indie games, like The Witness, SOMA, stuff like that.

Come on Nintendo, make this a dream machine.

Kikorin

Mr. Shifty and Kingdom Two Crowns looks so good, glad a lot of indie studios will develop for Switch.

Ah, and Steamworld Dig 2 is like a dream, I loved the first One and I'm so excited about this new chapter.

Only gripe I have is that too many of the games shown in the Nintendo direct were the kind of retro 8-bit looking, or even atari looking, games.

Of course, in games like shovel knight this is completely fitting but I wish some of these other games would've gone for something a bit more aching to the 16-bit era with more detailed sprite work. I guess that's probably difficult for some of these devs as its probably going to take much more time and effort but it would be nice.

Like I was watching this presentation on my TV at 1080p and some of these games looked way to pixely for the screen size. They will surely be perfect for the switch in portable mode though. But then again, I need a dpad for that!

Shakedown Hawaii has 16-bit art style :)

It looks awesome!

Mr. Shifty is my most wanted game of them all.

Shifty looks GOOD

saturnine

Funny, because after watching the Direct I thought "Man, I'm glad indie devs are moving away from 8-bit pixel art and are starting to embrace the 16-bit goodness".

And c'mon, atari looking?

Very excited by all these multilayer games: tower fall, overcooked, ultimate chicken horse, duck game...Now all I need is an announcement for Nidhogg 2 on the switch

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wait, Rogue Trooper Redux? That game from 2006 where you play as a blue man? Huh.
That game was actually pretty neat, thought I'd never thought it would get a.....reduxing?
(If it's actually that game)

Edit: Uuuuuuuuuuuh Runner 3? Fucking awesome, I adore Runner 2

ZombAid82

I honestly didn't think that this Nindie Direct would be soooo awesome!
Have to buy at least half of the games shown.
I mean, Wargroove.... WOW.
AW mixed with FE, my kind of shissle :)

Filter

I'm pretty hyped by a lot of these games, and a lot of that hype is due to the fact that I'll be able to lie in bed and play these.

Games like pocket rumble and war groove look right up my alley. And there are plenty of couch multiplayer games too.

I was replaying rogue trooper on Wii over the last Xmas break. Hearing that they are making a redux of it is bizarre... unexpected but I couldn't be happier about it. We need more zarjaz 2000ad games.

Hermii

I guess the Dev Kits are still difficult to get a hold of? Is anyone on Twitter that could help? I'm sure if you had the chance to speak to the right people you would have a better chance than just getting a Canned Response. Would love to see you on Switch.

It could be a support capacity problem rather than a devkit problem. Developers have been praising Nintendo this time for their ability to quickly respond to issues and really support developers well. If they gave out a ton more devkits, their ability to support developers would be stretched thinner.

I honestly didn't think that this Nindie Direct would be soooo awesome!
Have to buy at least half of the games shown.
I mean, Wargroove.... WOW.
AW mixed with FE, my kind of shissle :)

I had hope but I certainly wasn't expecting this.
I figured we were mostly going to get more specific release dates for games that had already been announced and that most of them were going to be released much later on this year.
Quite a lot of these are releasing in March and April, which is awesome. I'm definitely not seeing much of a draught for the switch from where I'm standing.

Chronus

Didnt even know they were making a Runner3 and it's a Switch exclusive? What a bummer. hope it somehow ends up releasing on PC.

RedColumn

Did some research into NBA Playgrounds... developer is Sabre Interactive

mmmm is that even condiser a indie game?? They put it on the Nindie list in the picture, but NBA and Sabre Interactive doesnt sound Indie to me at all. They are behind Halo Online or Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. It sound wierd a NBA game on a Nindie list by Nintendo... Im gonna remove it from the site at the moment then.
Thanks for the info ;)

mmmm is that even condiser a indie game?? They put it on the Nindie list in the picture, but NBA and Sabre Interactive doesnt sound Indie to me at all. They are behind Halo Online or Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. It sound wierd a NBA game on a Nindie list by Nintendo... Im gonna remove it from the site at the moment then.
Thanks for the info ;)

Indie is a confusing label generally these days, we've got games like snake pass from the developer of sonic racing

GulAtiCa

Doesn't look like I've convinced Nintendo yet. Here's the response I got from them today:

"Thank you for reaching out to us about developing for the Nintendo Switch. At this time we have not opened up the doors for all developers, but we are still accepting project sheets for the Wii U and the 3Ds. If you have not yet registered your company on the Nintendo Developer Portal site, please do so. We will be updating our home page with upcoming announcements about the Switch and the opportunities to develop for it."
Yep. I've gotten basically the same response. Been told they are currently on an invite only with dev kits currently.. really surprised you can't get in yet.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Ok, this is a VERY solid offering. I'm glad this level of indie support is happening!

All these indie games featuring multiplayer tho!

iiqFu4JbMOp68_zpsfabe637a.gif

Now I need ports from Hotline Miami 1 and 2 along with announcement of 3 with Multiplayer.

I'd love to see a Hotline Miami combo pack for Switch!
But considering HM2's ending, I wouldn't count on a sequel

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm just glad Switch is getting some investment games even if they are downloadable titles. I'm not sure if we'll get any of the 3rd party investment like games beyond Monster Hunter. Stuff like Stardew Valley is great in this regard.

Has this list of indies changed your mind about some of the more indie-like 3rd party games, like Super Bomberman R and Puyo Puyo Tetris?

I think bomberman has looked like shit since day 1, but PPT is an all time great game

I look forward to actually understanding the fucking menus lol

The only thing it changed my mind about is this 64gb card I bought. I'm feeling I am going to need something bigger before 2017 is even over

RowdyReverb

The Mr. Shifty trailer makes me realize how important the ultraviolence is to Hotline Miami. Even with the addition of the "shift" ability, it just seems to lack that frenetic action that made HM so great

LordRaptor

The Mr. Shifty trailer makes me realize how important the ultraviolence is to Hotline Miami. Even with the addition of the "shift" ability, it just seems to lack that frenetic action that made HM so great

There's a bunch of lets plays on youtube of it, the opening level has you punching dudes out of windows from the top floor of a skyscraper.

e:
I mean, the Pc version is currently in Open Beta if you want to try it for yourself

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Well, I just sent another email to Nintendo. My first email, just mentioned our game with links to more info; this time, I did more of a sale pitch (our best-selling game has over 700k owners just on Steam, Cosmic Star Heroine was voted in the Top 40 Most Anticipated Games of 2017 on NeoGAF, almost a quarter of a million views combined on our 3 most popular youtube videos for CSH, etc.) so we'll see if we get any further this time.

I came into this thread to port-beg for Cosmic Star Heroine, as that game -screams- Switch demographic. Nice to see you are trying to get it on the system, I hope it works out for you!

Skeletos311

Definitely getting Shovel Knight. For the third time. Also interested in Steamworld Dig 2, War Groove, Pocket Rumble, Monster Boy, Dragon's trap, and Blaster Master Zero.

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is actually a pretty good deal, even if you just want Specter Knight, because you also get the King Knight XP later.

psyfi

Banned
I haven't played Shovel Knight since it first came out on Wii U. I'm stoked to see how it's expanded and grown since then. :)

maxcriden

Wired has an article up about Nindies:

"Forget Mario: The Nintendo Switch Will Live or Die With Indie Games"

According to Nintendo, 60 indie games will be coming to Switch in 2017—a mixture of original titles and ports from other platforms. These games range from one-person projects, like Matt Thorson’s hyper-challenging fantasy platformer Celeste, to work by full fledged independent studios, like a new version of Yacht Club Games’ beloved sidescrolling throwback Shovel Knight. Together, these titles represent a new approach from Nintendo, a move to embrace the work of small studios and make the Nintendo Switch a destination for the quirky, playful, original ideas coming out of independent developers.

Much more at the link:

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/nintendo-switch-indie-showcase/

There are a handful of Nintendo published games in excited for in 2017, but way more of these indie games since Switch lets me play handheld and on my tv.

Can't wait for more of these to come out. Especially Shifty, Stardew Valley, and Enter the Gungeon.

Top Bottom