• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive Capcom leak reveals Monster Hunter Rise & Stories 2 coming to PC plus other Capcom game info

Bullet Club

Massive Capcom leak reveals Monster Hunter Rise & Stories 2 coming to PC

A massive Capcom leak has just occurred, revealing some interesting new details about Capcom’s on-going and future projects. According to the leak, Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 will be coming to the PC.

Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 are two upcoming action role-playing video games in the Monster Hunter series. Capcom is developing these games primarily for the Nintendo Switch. However, it appears that both of them will also find their way on the PC.

Furthermore, Capcom is working on a VR version of Resident Evil 4 for the Oculus VR headsets.

This leak has also revealed the planned release date for Resident Evil Village. It appears that Capcom is currently targetting a late April 2021 release, though things may change.

Capcom is also working on a brand new multiplayer game. This game is codenamed SHIELD and will release in 2022.

Lastly, the source code of Devil May Cry 2 and Umbrella Chronicles has been leaked.

Source: DSOG

-Arcadia-

Banned
More than okay with this. As a handheld/hybrid fan, just happy for the built-to-Switch-spec love, instead of turning on blurriness (you know what I mean, lol) and calling it a day.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
god i love these
Hope we get something as big as the Watch Dogs Legion source code leak. Modders could do so much with that.
Those Monster Hunters on PC, weeee

-Arcadia-

Banned
I almost feel like RE4 Oculus is the lead here, lol.

Curious to see how that turns out. I’m not sure how retrofitting such an action-heavy game into first person will work (imagine the boulder scene, lol), unless they really redo things, but then again, RE4 was a lot of fun with motion controls on the Wii.

Could be awkward, could be good.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Any info on a new Gunsmoke? lol

Duel.jpg

anab0lic36

i guess ill wait for the pc version of rise then, because switch looks as though the framerate is gonna be 30fps at most.

Zephir

No Megaman Legends collection? Then everything here is useless to me ('cept Ace Attorney IF they break the Sherlock Holmes curse)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No Megaman Legends collection? Then everything here is useless to me ('cept Ace Attorney IF they break the Sherlock Holmes curse)

Pretty sure it's gonna be 4+5+6

Holammer

Shame about the hacking, but releasing Rise & Stories on PC makes sense. Capcom confirmed 15.7M copies sold back in October and it's possible that half of those are on PC, so they're leaving an awful lot of money on the table with a strict Switch exclusive. Bad enough to exclude PS/Xbox.

Bullet Club

Here's another update from Capcom.

MagnesG

Banned
Shame about the hacking, but releasing Rise & Stories on PC makes sense. Capcom confirmed 15.7M copies sold back in October and it's possible that half of those are on PC, so they're leaving an awful lot of money on the table with a strict Switch exclusive. Bad enough to exclude PS/Xbox.
PS4 only sold around 10 millions.

GrayChild

Gold Member
People are talking that the leakers only released approximately 60GB of the gathered 1TB of data.

There are some rumors on /v/ that they leaked the source codes of DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles first due to them being among the lesser titles in their respective franchises. And that other games may follow if Capcom refuses to comply with their demands.

The whole situation is pretty fucked up.

If they don`t massively upgrade Rise`s visuals for PC i´m not the least bit interested.
I absolutely can`t go below MHW visuals anymore.

Eanox

It seems nintendo paid a good amount of money keeping rise out of PS4 especially that it will release on PC.

Hudo

People are talking that the leakers only released approximately 60GB of the gathered 1TB of data.

There are some rumors on /v/ that they leaked the source codes of DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles first due to them being among the lesser titles in their respective franchises. And that other games may follow if Capcom refuses to comply with their demands.

The whole situation is pretty fucked up.
Yeah, the whole situation is pretty fucked up. I kinda feel for Capcom. Do Capcom have some sort of MMO or other subscription-based game? If account data has been breached, that usually means a whole new dimension of headache for them.

GrayChild

Gold Member
Do Capcom have some sort of MMO or other subscription-based game? If account data has been breached, that usually means a whole new dimension of headache for them.

Can't think of any right now. The latest press release states:

i. Personal information (customers, business partners, etc.): maximum of approx. 350,000 items

which may be related to Capcom Unity/RE.net etc. accounts.

Holammer

If they don`t massively upgrade Rise`s visuals for PC i´m not the least bit interested.
I absolutely can`t go below MHW visuals anymore.

The Switch trailers look pretty barebones, so with longer draw distance, foliage, shadows, geometry detail, texture resolution, particles and lighting, I'm expecting similar, maybe identical visuals to MHW on PC.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Just want Maximo or Ghost and Goblins.
My MAN! Fucking SAME!

I'm always down with more (GREAT) Resident Evil, I don't really care for anything else. I wish I cared more about Monster Hunter or Dragon's Dogma, but they don't do anything for me.

I wish I could want a new Dead Rising, but they bashed that into the ground. It's long gone now.

I'm curious about the multiplayer game.

Belmonte

Bros, calm down, Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming.

It is a very personal project for Itsuno, no way he won't create a sequel. But he finished DMCV yesterday and a project with this size needs a lot more development time.

About the news, I'm very happy with Rise on PC! I'm glad they didn't think they need shining graphics like MH World to release in the platform.

Top Bottom