• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition | Official reveal trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

For several months now, our dedicated team at BioWare has been working to update the textures, shaders, graphics effects and technical features of our three amazing games.
We're not just going to give you a simple remake of the original games. We will do everything we can to modernize the gaming experience for which the Mass Effect saga is famous, so longtime fans and new players can experience original content in a whole new light.
It is truly incredible to see the adventures of Commander Shepard come to life in higher resolution, with increased frame rates and jaw-dropping visual enhancements.

As game developers, we always want our games to transcend their original platforms. This opportunity to remaster the original trilogy means that the fruits of our labor over more than a decade will be able to endure and be experienced by players around the world in an even better form.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a fully remastered and enhanced 4K Ultra HD version that includes all core single player content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, as well as weapons, armor and promo packs!

Available in spring 2021 on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, it will also offer backward compatibility and specific optimizations for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

mass-effect-legendary-edition-vertailu-2.gif

In short:
- Fully remastered and enhanced in 4K
- May 14
- New textures, shaders, effects and more
- 4K and 60 FPS for PS4Pro/OneX & PS5/SEX/SES
- 30 FPS for base PS4/XOne
- All the DLC for all 3 games are included (except Pinacle Station since the code has been lost, and I'm not joking)
- Backward compatibility with PS5 & SEX with enhancements
- Reduced elevator loading times
- Changed the difficulty and frequencies of mini-games
- Max level increased to 60
- Boss fights have been overhauled and reworked
- Improved aim and control
- A whole lot of balancing
- Camera in the same style from ME 2 & 3
- Better Mako controls and reworked physics

unknown.png

Click to view in full size (thx to Ascend Ascend )
vYLohyJ.jpeg
N72saBF.jpeg
Fbg3wif.jpg

mass_effect_legendary_edition-5353185.jpg
3789704-thanere.png

d69lo2o-f263c0e7-f2bf-4873-965e-cc0e58759c28.gif

"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite remaster "

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I was going to make a joke yesterday that they will avoid showing Male Shepard in the remaster marketing.

Here we are :messenger_grinning_smiling:
You’re absolutely right. But isn’t that the trend? Don’t show the man when you can show the woman? And don’t you DARE show a white man WHATEVER YOU DO. If you have a white man in your game, show everyone else in the trailer except him, you fucking nazi!

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Hell yeah, looking forward to it. Surprised that it’s built for current gen instead of next gen, maybe it was supposed to release earlier but got delayed with COVID.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Today has clearly been a VERY slow news day. Then we get bombshelled with this! This is clearly what the country has been waiting for!

Ascend

Don't underestimate new Bioware's potential to fuck this up.
Unfortunately, this is a relevant concern...

So...any new info ?.

Will they put some actual effort into this or is it just a basic upres + 60fps on consoles ?
Unclear at this point... Rumors are saying that ME1 is receiving a gameplay overhaul and the rest is the same. At this point basically all they said is this;

our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Me right now:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Did BioWare actually call Xbox, SEX?

Haha no, I do

Unfortunately, this is a relevant concern...

Unclear at this point... Rumors are saying that ME1 is receiving a gameplay overhaul and the rest is the same. At this point basically all they said is this;

our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements.

Yeah, I dont know if I should include the leak, as it seem pretty accurate but still no 100% confirmation

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That description is baffling.

"We're not just going to give you a simple remake of the original games"
"We will do everything we can to modernize the gaming experience"
"Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a fully remastered and enhanced 4K Ultra HD version"

So, rather than a "simple" remake, it's remasters - which is a LOT more simple than actually remaking the game - yet at the same time they're doing "everything they can" to modernize the experience... ...by which they mean just upressing it and slapping some textures on.

What the fuck? I mean, I expected it, but what's going on with that marketing?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Current gen? I genuinely don't understand how a publisher can be so shortsighted.

Newsflash idiots, come Spring, the hardcore gaming audience who will snap this up en masse will have moved on to PS5 and XSX.

... Where it will be playable with enhancements. It's a set of remasters, there's no reason to have a separate version, they're not building a new game that couldn't run on PS4/XBone.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
... Where it will be playable with enhancements. It's a set of remasters, there's no reason to have a separate version, they're not building a new game that couldn't run on PS4/XBone.

To further the point, if devs keep developing a new version of a game everytime there's a hardware update and push off the release until it's "properly optimized," then we'll never see new titles. COUGHCYBERPUNKCOUGH

It'll be fine.

whitesugar

Banned
I had hoped that when these remakes/masters game, they would have updated the gameplay from the first game to bring it in line with the other two, but i guess that's not what's happening. not expecting to be blown away graphically, but a great trilogy and I'll definitely get it at some point

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Do you see 60 fps in any of the documentation? Please let know if I missed it
Yeah, but I don´t see any mention of 30fps... Really, if this isn't 60fps fuck it, I can play those at that framerate on my pc already.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Never played any of those, but from what I've seen on ME Andromeda which was wonderful gameplay and graphics and ok story, I would hope they at least upgrade them to the same engine but polished this time.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
believe me, those games are ace. top crop of gaming! at least for me.

ME Andromeda was like 10th best game this gen, so I can imagine the previous ones are much better. But I'm sensitive to retro gaming so if it feels or smells old I won't touch it. I would like them to have the same gameplay of Andromeda and the same graphics or better.

Top Bottom