• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I’ll take a Deadspace Triology remaster next
This would be great. I loved the first and almost done with the second. I definitely would play them again if a remastered version comes out.

I'll probably be picking up Mass effect trilogy to finish it, never got around to finishing the first games I had so I'll be waiting for may 14th.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I hope we see gameplay soon, also do you think jack will be censored to wear a shirt in mass effect 2?
Jack's design was great in 2, then garbage in 3. Hopefully they keep the original design.

Alright

Banned
ME1>>>>>>ME3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ME2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>My excitement doing arrows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ME: Andromeda

Romulus

Crazy that this series has it's ups and downs and really isn't that great taken on as a whole, yet no scifi rpg has surpassed it in more than a decade. And likely won't for another decade. Just shows how limited the genre is. There should be far more scifi rpgs out there. I expect starfield to be Space Skyrim: handholding edition.

Last edited:

Giles

Tempted to pick this up. My ps5 has been gathering dust for months and I never got around to playing the third game back in the day for some strange reason lol

Retinoid

I already have a modded ME1 install from a few months ago, but I may get this just for the convenience of having ME2 and 3 together as I haven't played them since release. Looking forward to playing thorugh the trilogy again even if I remember not liking ME3 that much because of the lackluster endings.

hollams

Gold Member
Anyone else tempted on PC to join Origin Pro for $15 and play through the Trilogy along with Biomutant this month? Then sometime later maybe purchase the game at a lower price?

Ascend

I've never played any of the original Mass Effects. Just started Andromeda and I think it's pretty cool, aside from the lip syncing just being the characters making kissy faces.
If you think Andromeda was cool, you have no idea how good the trilogy is. Because Andromeda is quite shallow and boring by comparison.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
So, I have an XSX, 3080, and PS5. I'm tossing up between the PC and the XSX, and my only reservation is the port quality.

What do we think? XSX or PC? Both are connected to an LGC9 in the living room.

Optimus Lime

I went XSX and 3090. :)
You animal.

I'm trying to resist the urge to double dip. I liked Resident Evil: Village, but it's not a fantastic port, and after a few shit PC ports recently, I'm not 100% convinced that ME won't be another situation where the PC version is great - as long as you ignore these compromises, stutters, and problems.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else tempted on PC to join Origin Pro for $15 and play through the Trilogy along with Biomutant this month? Then sometime later maybe purchase the game at a lower price?

will the save data stay good while your account is dormant?

also will this be on gamepass thanks to the ea/ms deal?

Tschumi

This seems like a good thing, but considering that it's just like texture and resolutions updates i don't think these games will be be enough to justify the price tag

JayK47

Seems there is quite a bit of interest in this bootyless HD remake. It is the top seller on Steam currently.

Rikkori

fomr1uz34qy61.png

Like I keep saying, you can't just add more "accurate lighting" and everything's improved. Just like with Exodus, they've fucked up the mood in a lot of scenes because they didn't re-do them with the new system.

mitchman

Gold Member
So, I have an XSX, 3080, and PS5. I'm tossing up between the PC and the XSX, and my only reservation is the port quality.

What do we think? XSX or PC? Both are connected to an LGC9 in the living room.
I have the same setup but went with the PS5 version as I prefer the controller. I have the 3080 connected to a 48" CX, but much prefer gaming from the couch on the 65" B9.

Optimus Lime

I have the same setup but went with the PS5 version as I prefer the controller. I have the 3080 connected to a 48" CX, but much prefer gaming from the couch on the 65" B9.
Is there any word on whether it's going to do anything interesting with the PS5 controller?

Optimus Lime

It won't. It's a PS4 game.

No next gen version announced from what I can see.
Oh, bugger that then. I'll go with the PC version. If the controller was going to do crazy Returnal-style things, that'd sway me, but if it's pound-for-pound on performance alone, my 3080 wins.

Shmunter

Oh, bugger that then. I'll go with the PC version. If the controller was going to do crazy Returnal-style things, that'd sway me, but if it's pound-for-pound on performance alone, my 3080 wins.
No reason to get the PS version over others. Unless they give a free ps5 update in the future - but that's a long shot.

Fredrik

I’m thinking mods will fix whatever the devs do wrong so I’ll jump in on PC for that reason, only have a 1080ti so I don’t expect a huge difference on other things.
I guess solid 120fps through fps boost on XSX could possibly get me to get the Xbox version. No preordering here, I need the DF veredict.

Optimus Lime

I’m thinking mods will fix whatever the devs do wrong so I’ll jump in on PC for that reason, only have a 1080ti so I don’t expect a huge difference on other things.
I guess solid 120fps through fps boost on XSX could possibly get me to get the Xbox version. No preordering here, I need the DF veredict.
Yeah, I expect that if it has problems, they can be fixed. I just preordered the PC version, so if it's shit, I'll just refund and rebuy elsewhere.

royox

I dn if i should do my 1st round of the 3 games directly in insanity difficulty or if it will be literal suicide for ME1 xD. I want to get the platinum in 1 run and looks pretty doable.

Last edited:

Sadfaceotter

Neo Member
Did anyone else pre-order on xbox and get an email changing the release date to the 13th?
Tried starting it this morning and no joy :(

Stuart360

IGN just rreleased the first 21mins in 4k/60 quality -

And it seems someone was given a key early. Here is footage of the PS5 version -

The game looks clean, crisp, and smooth. Its the upscaled textures that really stand out for me though. Very nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom