• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

mitchman

Gold Member
I've attempted to play Andromeda twice and quit both times. I'm well aware how I feel about it.
I feel you brother. I felt the same, but gave it another shot after finishing ME3. If you ignore the stupid "scan this rock" missions and the other grindy stupid stuff, it's actually a decent game. I grew on me after the first few hours.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
bump. few questions which were probably already answered:
-do pc version support controller?
-do I need ea account or any crap for legenrady edition on ps5? I don't want to get it on origin on pc... I hate that store
-There is only ps4 version running in BC correct?
-Does it support HDR on ps5 (or on pc) ?
-Does is have 3d audio or dualsense support ?

I originally always played these games on 360 since I preferred controller controls. I never played any of the dlc to mass effect 2... and I love that game so might be a good time to revisit.
ooo ... oh.... and I never played Andromeda.... interested in that too maybe

edit: man... these games were incredible. I played the trilogy like 4 times back in the day. Asshole Sheppard ftw ! It's funny how there are these trilogies I played multiple times back then and never again. Like Prince of Persia too. Warrior within is great

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

-do I need ea account or any crap for legenrady edition on ps5? I don't want to get it on origin on pc... I hate that store

I originally always played these games on 360 since I preferred controller controls. I never played any of the dlc to mass effect 2... and I love that game so might be a good time to revisit.
Andromeda is on nowhere NEAR the level of the main-line trilogy, it was better off as a DLC...

Topher

Gold Member

edit: man... these games were incredible. I played the trilogy like 4 times back in the day. Asshole Sheppard ftw ! It's funny how there are these trilogies I played multiple times back then and never again. Like Prince of Persia too. Warrior within is great

I don't recall having to login to my EA account. Pretty sure the PC version supports controllers though. It is running in BC but it runs great on PS5. No 3D audio or DualSense from what I recall. It does have HDR on PS5. Not sure about PC.

Andromeda was actually really good (not great) once they fixed the bugs. Too bad they abandoned the new series. It had a lot of potential.

-Yes PC versions support controllers
-I don’t think so, but since it usually auto logs you in on a console (based on your console account), I wouldn’t actually be able to tell.
-Basically yes (Edit: should be clear it’s off the Pro version) but it gets 60fps support at a more stable rate
-It supports HDR on the original PS4 too.
-No and no

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Andromeda is on nowhere NEAR the level of the main-line trilogy, it was better off as a DLC...
It wasn't like the main trilogy, but on its own I always thought it was a good game. It's got a lot more to offer than "it's just DLC" in my opinion.

RAIDEN1

It wasn't like the main trilogy, but on its own I always thought it was a good game. It's got a lot more to offer than "it's just DLC" in my opinion.
In most of the KEY ways, aside from combat it was a backward step, the main bad guys were no-where near on the level of the collectors or reapers, re-spawning enemies which I don't know WHO thought was a good idea, literally seeing them drop from out of the sky having just blown them away minutes ago....as well as the land buggy being completely useless compared to what you got in Mass Effect 1 and 2...

ReBurn

Gold Member
In most of the KEY ways, aside from combat it was a backward step, the main bad guys were no-where near on the level of the collectors or reapers, re-spawning enemies which I don't know WHO thought was a good idea, literally seeing them drop from out of the sky having just blown them away minutes ago....as well as the land buggy being completely useless compared to what you got in Mass Effect 1 and 2...
The dropships were bringing more bad guys that looked just like the ones you just killed, not the same ones you just killed. That dropship mechanic was used by the geth in Mass Effect. The new geth also looked just like the geth you just killed.

The new bad guys were very similar to the collectors in a lot of ways, given the relationship between the collectors and the protheans was very similar to the relationship between the angara and the kett. But there was no reaper-like threat in Andromeda. I'm glad there wasn't, because that would have just made it a clone of the originals.

The thing that set Andromeda apart was that it was about the struggles of the Milky Way species just trying to survive in the new galaxy. They were fighting extinction from lack of habitable worlds as well as an enemy who threatened to kill them. That was the point of the game. There wasn't as much urgency on the world building as there was on the bad new species stuff and I think that's mainly what hurt the game.

RAIDEN1

The dropships were bringing more bad guys that looked just like the ones you just killed, not the same ones you just killed. That dropship mechanic was used by the geth in Mass Effect. The new geth also looked just like the geth you just killed.

The new bad guys were very similar to the collectors in a lot of ways, given the relationship between the collectors and the protheans was very similar to the relationship between the angara and the kett. But there was no reaper-like threat in Andromeda. I'm glad there wasn't, because that would have just made it a clone of the originals.

The thing that set Andromeda apart was that it was about the struggles of the Milky Way species just trying to survive in the new galaxy. They were fighting extinction from lack of habitable worlds as well as an enemy who threatened to kill them. That was the point of the game. There wasn't as much urgency on the world building as there was on the bad new species stuff and I think that's mainly what hurt the game.
Personally I am not a fan and to this day I don't regret selling my copy, the game flopped so badly that even its one and only planned DLC had to end up turning into a book. The character models well less said about them the better...literally seeing those creatures on the planet which you just killed and then suddenly their lookalikes appearing out of no-where I was like WTF? Or that great hulking beast you take down, dealt with that's it, but oh lets just drop in yet ANOTHER one randomly from the sky...Original Mass Effects you cleared a room of enemies and once you are done with the mission and are back-tracking to the entrance those enemies don't re-appear again, the room is cleared done and dusted.

Last edited:

Bojji

I platinumed ME1 and ME2 and going trough ME3 right now. This series is great and Bioware was once an amazing developer team:

^ Stuff like this reminds me that besides ending, ME3 is top tier game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I platinumed ME1 and ME2 and going trough ME3 right now. This series is great and Bioware was once an amazing developer team:

Yes, I've always been a fan of ME3 sans the original ending. The journey itself was an incredible sequel to 2 and a great way to cap off the trilogy with resolving key plot points like the genophage, the geth/quarrian conflict etc.

The expanded edition endings and all the DLC released thereafter make the 'complete' edition of ME3 the perfect way to end the trilogy.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I feel you brother. I felt the same, but gave it another shot after finishing ME3. If you ignore the stupid "scan this rock" missions and the other grindy stupid stuff, it's actually a decent game. I grew on me after the first few hours.
I can't believe they left in that "my face is tired" line.

Pallas

Gold Member
Great trilogy, just wish they added the multiplayer tidbit to Mass Effect 3, was a lot of fun back in the day.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great trilogy, just wish they added the multiplayer tidbit to Mass Effect 3, was a lot of fun back in the day.
I never did MP except during the 360 demo with a buddy. Fuck, maybe my shooter skills were already fading at that point, but we did terrible. It seemed like wave after wave of enemies keep pouring out making it hard to progress!

Or perhaps, we just sucked. lol

Topher

Gold Member

Got all three Platinums and the other trophies like Insanity 1,2,3 for playing the entire trilogy on Insanity difficulty. Wasn't easy, but it was extremely satisfying.

Bojji

Yes, I've always been a fan of ME3 sans the original ending. The journey itself was an incredible sequel to 2 and a great way to cap off the trilogy with resolving key plot points like the genophage, the geth/quarrian conflict etc.

The expanded edition endings and all the DLC released thereafter make the 'complete' edition of ME3 the perfect way to end the trilogy.

Yes, after the ending I was initially disappointed (like many) but replaying the game reminded me how great they created this world from scratch in ME1 and resolved many major plot lines in ME3. You don't have to buy some license to have great lore and story, and ME is one of the best in Sci-Fi. Too bad Bioware is nowhere close to their former glory...

Got all three Platinums and the other trophies like Insanity 1,2,3 for playing the entire trilogy on Insanity difficulty. Wasn't easy, but it was extremely satisfying.

I think I will just be happy with 3 platinums in main games, beating everything on insanity is... not for me :messenger_tears_of_joy: I will just earn second platinum in Elden Ring instead ;)

Topher

Gold Member
I think I will just be happy with 3 platinums in main games, beating everything on insanity is... not for me :messenger_tears_of_joy: I will just earn second platinum in Elden Ring instead ;)

Typically I am the same. I actually thought playing on Insanity difficulty was a requirement for the Platinums. It wasn't until I was reviewing the trophy list half way through ME 1 that I realized it wasn't required. At that point, I just went with it. lol

Top Bottom