• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Launch Update Is Reportedly Huge, Patch Notes Leak

thatJohann

Hoping for a Digital Foundry comparison of XSX vs PS5 before launch so I know which one to get.

As of now, currently leaning towards XSX version because of:
  • 120 fps support (vs 60 fps on PS5)
  • Likely better AF (16x) from the XSX default BC AF default improvements to all BC games
  • Quick Resume support
  • Likely much faster load times on XSX (usually the case with BC games running on both consoles)
  • EA Play free trial on launch
Only thing that would sway me to PS5 would be much shorter load times or better performance on PS5.

Rikkori

Doesn't look very crisp tbh, dunno if it's just because it's console footage or what. They butchered Eden Prime but we already knew that, at least the other stuff got upgraded. Hopefully modders can go back and adjust these shitty changes later on (for PC).

meh GIF

Hugare

Disc version of RE8 unpatched and played offline begs to differ.
Performance will definately be improved with patches, small bugs and etc.

So yeah, not really

There's no such thing as a finished game. There's always room for improvement.

No matter how polished it launched

Doesn't look very crisp tbh, dunno if it's just because it's console footage or what. They butchered Eden Prime but we already knew that, at least the other stuff got upgraded. Hopefully modders can go back and adjust these shitty changes later on (for PC).

meh GIF
It's looks quite crisp on my screen.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If it is, we could download and play right now in the United States, right?
Only on Xbox (sometimes on PC through VPN), but sadly it isn't yet. On Xbox you can change your region of console easily through system menu, without needing anything else.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Only on Xbox (sometimes on PC through VPN), but sadly it isn't yet. On Xbox you can change your region of console easily through system menu, without needing anything else.
Awesome!
So if anyone knows how long before this is releasing in New Zealand, please let us know.

Anyone else thinking they might have mixed up the audio channel positions? Shots and dialogue all coming from the rear speakers. Anyone else with this problem?

rkofan87

Gold Member
ot psa to all the noobs who want to enjoy the story but suck at shooting unlike me3 and mra that have a story mode me1le only goes down to casual like og me1 did.

Performance will definately be improved with patches, small bugs and etc.

So yeah, not really

There's no such thing as a finished game. There's always room for improvement.

No matter how polished it launched

Obviously.

However there is no room for being fine with shoddy disc versions of games. The product on disc should at minimum be functional.

Let’s keep some standards.

A disc version should run fine and work without a day one patch with no major issues.

Last edited:

Hugare

Obviously.

However there is no room for being fine with shoddy disc versions of games. The product on disc should at minimum be functional.

A disc version should run fine and work without a day one patch with no major issues.
We have no indication that the game without the day one patch doesnt work properly

Most games do work without day one patches

And thats my point

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mass Effect Legendary Edition brings the classic trilogy into a new era, but does the collection stick the landing? Join Liana and Stadnik on New Gameplay Today as they tour Eden Prime, the Normandy, and the Citadel to discuss their impressions of the hotly-anticipated remaster.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition Embargo is up meaning we get our first look at gameplay. This is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Xbox Series X Gameplay where we go through the introduction of the game and nearly complete the first mission on Eden Prime and say goodbye to Corporal Jenkins. Sorry, Jenkins. Mass Effect gameplay has been massively overhauled in the original entry of the game as Mass Effect Legendary Edition gameplay is changed in several ways including the added ability to use multiple weapon types previously locked out of the Adept class which we play as in this mission. Female Shepard has also been completely reworked to match her counterpart in Mass Effect 3. Get your first look at gameplay and let us know what you think!

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Obviously.

How do you know it doesn't?

Top Bottom