• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Changes - Original vs. Remastered

The original version of Mass Effect 1 had screen tearing (and frame rate) problems so bad that the “film grain” option was on by default to try and hide them. And that was on the Xbox version! (I loved it, but they were desperately trying to hide the screen tearing. It was an ambitious game for that hardware.)

The original version of Mass Effect 1 had screen tearing (and frame rate) problems so bad that the “film grain” option was on by default to try and hide them. And that was on the Xbox version! (I loved it, but they were desperately trying to hide the screen tearing. It was an ambitious game for that hardware.)
I absolutely love the series and 1 in particular, but my clearest memory of the first time I played it is getting framerate hitches during the postgame credits.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
OP when deciding between the PS3 version and the Legendary Edition..
Channel 9 Whatever GIF by The Block

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I absolutely love the series and 1 in particular, but my clearest memory of the first time I played it is getting framerate hitches during the postgame credits.

My main memory of the first game, on 360, was the incredible screen tearing and the fucking abysmal performance in the fight where you use the gas grenades on the Thorian controlled people.

Like 3, 4 FPS territory.

I will never trade the Legendary Edition back for any minor lighting changes

Top Bottom